• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
1zxerp.jpg

"The strangled body of a 6-year-old girl was found at a Missouri hotel on Saturday evening shortly after she was reported missing and a man was charged on Sunday with her murder, police said.

Jasmine Miller was found dead in a room at the Windsor Inn near the city of Branson, a tourist destination in the Ozark Mountains known for its numerous entertainment theaters, many of which feature country music stars.

Police headed to the hotel after receiving a call that Jasmine had gone missing early on Saturday evening.

Police said John Roberts, 55, strangled her, and charged him with murder in the first degree on Sunday, saying he acted alone.

It was not immediately clear whether Roberts was related to the girl or previously knew her. A spokesman for Branson's police department declined to answer questions about their relationship....."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/22/us-usa-crime-girl-idUSKBN0LQ0RA20150222

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-branson-murder-20150222-story.html

They are saying her family was living in the same hotel. And this sick prick lured her to his room with snacks!!!!!
She was found dead underneath his bed....
Side note: We have the death penalty, I can only hope he's eligible....:mad:

I look into those soulless eyes and try to comprehend what is going on in there, why murder a child...and I sense nothing but desolate darkness. What has this fucker been doing for the last 40 or so years that's he's just popping up on our radar now?

I hope he dies of anal prolapse, because he's so popular.

He lured a kid living in a motel with snacks. A baby who probably didn't get enough attention, and craved love and treats. Didn't he see her as herself? A funny, smart, unique little girl? She wasn't a means to an end, she was special.

I just can't with these. The age group is so fucking trusting.

john-p-roberts.jpg

"TANEY COUNTY SHERRIFFJohn Roberts, 55, was released on bail for a burglary case just weeks before his arrest for Jasmine Miller’s death."

"A Missouri man, fresh out of jail for a burglary case, allegedly used snacks to lure a 6-year-old girl into his motel room and strangle her.

John Roberts, 55, is charged with first-degree murder for the death of kindergartener Jasmine Miller, the Branson Police Department said.

Roberts had a room at the Windsor Inn in Branson as an extended stay by himself. Police found Miller’s body under his bed Saturday evening while searching the area after receiving a missing child report. Police believe Roberts acted alone but has not given any motive or said if the two knew each other.

Miller disappeared earlier on Saturday and about 100 people looked for her before police made the grisly discovery in Roberts’ room, KY3 reported.

Miller and her family were also staying at the motel as a “temporary living arrangement,” Taney County Prosecutor Jeffrey Merrell said.
Roberts got out of jail earlier this month after posting $171 bail for second-degree burglary. In that case, he allegedly broke into an apartment and stole $70. His bond was originally set at $15,000 but prosectors negotiated a much smaller amount so he could reimburse the victim.

The victim faxed a request to prosecutors that Roberts not be released on bail, but the fax was never received, KY3 reported.

Miller was enrolled in Cedar Ridge Primary School in Branson and had only attended five days of school, principal Shelly Worley told the Springfield News-Leader.

“In that short time, she was described as a beautiful, loving and kind-hearted girl,” Worley said.

A neighbor at the motel, Kristan Patterson, told KSPR that Roberts was a “kind man who liked to laugh.”

“I can't believe he would do something like that. I would have never imagined him to have that kind of a thought in his head to do something like that,” she said."

jasmine-miller.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-lured-girl-motel-snacks-killed-cops-article-1.2126880

I agree. Where there's smoke, there's usually fire. I looked for anymore info. to see if a sexual assault of some kind was involved, but if there is, they haven't released it so far.

Oops, thanks for the merge! I must've typo'ed his name in the search. Heck, Fo, your pic is even uglier than the one I got. *BLEAGH!!* Creepy, heartless bastard. :mad:

So my daughter came to work with me because it's 38 degrees outside and they cancelled school ( :mad: ). I am so using the opportunity to go over stranger danger for the 9999999999999999999999999th time. :shifty:

my daughter came to work with me because it's 38 degrees outside and they cancelled school
It was -17 here this morning, -30 on Friday, they gave the kids a 2 hour delay each day. Your daughter needs to be thanking her school administrators right now.:)

It was -17 here this morning, -30 on Friday, they gave the kids a 2 hour delay each day. Your daughter needs to be thanking her school administrators right now.:)
Yeah, here in SC they cancel school at the drop of a hat, usually all it takes is the weatherman freaking out and they'll cancel before the bad weather even happens (and occasionally it doesn't).

Miller and her family were also staying at the motel as a “temporary living arrangement,”
This always makes me sad when I read this, not because I think her family was doing anything wrong but rather because it means she didn't have a bedroom of her "own" to fill with stuffed animals and dolls or whatever. It just makes me sad to read about families and children who have to live in a hotel because it's not their "own" space. It's insignificant in the grand scheme of things but still makes me sad.:(

So a check on this guy in the state system showed he's only being charged with first degree murder. I was thinking because he lured her into his room they might add kidnapping. His past involves stealing $70 and a possession charge in 1992. Men like this aren't created overnight, I certainly hope they keep looking for other possible victims.

ETA: oops, my point was nothing sexual has been alleged.

Way back when I used to meet a drug dealer in a motel, it was one of the only motels in the area that had extended stay options.... apparently the county regularly put homeless families there to stay... turns out that's also where sex offenders would stay when they got out of prison.... turns out my dealer was a RSO (never saw or spoke to him again) but what really disturbed me was that they had 12 registered sex offenders living in one motel...

What a sweet looking angel!! She reminds me of my little girl. Why can't we be allowed to kill him? I have a great imagination and so do all of you. We could have "kill the scum" parties!!!

November 15, 2016

A man accused of strangling a 6-year-old girl to death in a Branson hotel will face a hearing in February to determine if he is competent to stand trial.

According to online court records, at a hearing last week, Judge Eric Eighmy set a date of Feb. 3, 2017 for a mental competency hearing to determine whether John Roberts, 57, is able to stand trial. He is accused in the Feb. 21, 2015 killing of 6-year-old Jasmine Miller in the hotel room where Roberts lived. Jasmine, her mother and her stepfather lived in another room in the hotel.

Roberts was formally charged two days later with first-degree murder. However, the case has been largely inactive since May 2015 while Roberts has undergone mental evaluations.

In September 2015, Roberts was declared unfit for trial. At that time, Eighmy ordered Roberts to undergo treatment until he is mentally able to assist his attorney in his own defense. However, Roberts then had to wait several months for a bed to open at a facility in Fulton. He was eventually committed in December 2015, according to online court records.

In early July this year, the online docket for the case showed that an order filed by the Department of Mental Health found that the Roberts is “permanently incompetent to stand trial.” The online listing was changed within a couple of days to state only that a mental exam had been filed and sent to Eighmy for review.

Taney County Prosecutor Jeff Merrell filed an objection to the proposed order. After a few delays, Eighmy and the two attorneys were able to get together Thursday last week and set a date for the hearing.

The Social Services investigation, which was looking into a series of hotline calls and accusations of neglect of Jasmine Miller, stated that Roberts admitted to a social services investigator that he strangled Miller in an attempt to “scare her.” Roberts told the investigator that he had been on “devil poison,” or methamphetamine, the night of Miller’s death. He also said he couldn’t remember everything clearly, but Jasmine came over to his room and he saw that she was stealing cakes, and he grabbed her with his hands and meant to “scare her,” the report stated. Roberts also told the investigator he did not know how Miller’s clothes came off, but suspected it was from dragging her across the floor and putting her under the bed.

The report also cited neglect as a factor in Miller’s murder. It stated that she “was unsupervised outside at a busy motel on the 76 Boulevard strip in Branson, and she walked to John Roberts’ room alone, went in alone and was murdered. Her stepfather Jason Ballew and mother Laurie Ballew did not know that she had gone into the room because they were not providing appropriate supervision of the child at the time of her disappearance.”

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_34c3cc22-ab6c-11e6-bc50-37b725af33e9.html

February 07, 2017

Nearly two years after a six-year-old girl was found dead in a Branson motel room, a Taney County court continues to review the mental competency of the man accused of murdering her.

John Roberts, 57, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of Jasmine Miller.

During a hearing Friday at Taney County Courthouse, Judge Eric Eighmy listened to multiple witnesses as they were questioned by Prosecuting Attorney Jeff Merrell and Public Defender James Egan. The hearing was not completed Friday, and will have to be continued at a later date.

While being questioned shortly after the murder, Roberts told Branson Police Department investigators that he did it. During Friday’s hearing, one of those investigators, Sgt. Sean Barnwell helped shed a little more light on the events of that day by discussing what Roberts said after he was read his Miranda Rights in 2015.

“He said that she had come to his room to get a snack cake,” Barnwell said from the witness stand. “He had come out of the bathroom with his alcohol and his smokes. And, she was there getting a snack cake. He went over and he strangled her with his bare hands,” said Barnwell. “After that, he was planning on messing around with her. He then told us he placed a pillow underneath her and put her under his bed. He was planning on messing around with her sexually immediately. He had pulled down her clothing in order to do so, but somebody knocked on the door.

“I later found out the people knocking on the door was the (Windsor Inn) manager and the fire department who were trying to clear rooms looking for her because she was missing. He had put her under the bed, which is the area where, I’m told, the officers found her.”

Witnesses ranging from previous cell mates to mental health experts were called to testify throughout the day-long hearing. Not every witness made it to the stand, however, before Eighmy had to end the proceedings at 5 p.m. with a motion to continue at a later date.

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_3c36cae8-ed6d-11e6-afa6-0bd47cb0c54f.html

February 17, 2017

The man accused in the murder is John Roberts, 57, of Branson. He is charged with first-degree murder.

A continuation hearing is scheduled for Roberts at 9 a.m. March 17 at the Taney County Judicial Center. Prosecuting Attorney Jeff Merrell said Judge Eric Eighmy still has a couple more witnesses to hear from before he makes his decision.

“One of three things can happen,” Merrell said.

Eighmy may find that Roberts is not competent enough to proceed to trial. Roberts may not be competent enough now; however, he may be able to “further benefit from further competency education training,” or Eighmy may find that Roberts is competent enough to proceed, Merrell said.

For six months of the two years since the murder, Roberts attended competency education training at a state facility. After those months were up, “he was no longer required to attend those classes,” Merrell said.

“I’m not sure what the judge is going to decide,” Merrell said. “If the court finds that he is competent to proceed, we can schedule a preliminary hearing.”

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_efe42ece-f546-11e6-a671-afb8d2d9045d.html

Another sad tragedy of a neglected child in a near homeless situation where everyone else in the same motel is either a sex offender, strung out, or being investigated for some crime. If found in a situation like this it is the time for the parent to be hyper vigilant of what their child is doing and always have them within eyesight. I blame not only the crazy fuck but I blame the momster she failed miserably at her job. Sorry lil one you were not protected by the evils faces of the world.

I don't understand the competency hearing ... She came to his room, he strangled her, he removed her clothing in order to practice necrophilia, he was interrupted by a knock at the door and attempted to hide the body in his room, that body was later discovered ... So what the fuck ... why isn't this guy on death row already ???

I'm not going to do a bunch of quoting here because this is quite a long article and contains a lot of information about Jasmine's short, sad life. DCF involved immediately after her birth because of the family's drug and criminal history, bounced around from pillar to post for the next six years with a string of adults with no parenting skills then strangled by some psycho in a squalid motel. I don't always have a lot of faith in myself as a parent but man, at least I'm trying.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/news/crime/2015/05/21/birth-death-questions-neglect/27752085/

all the people in this story are crap garbage except the kid. My first thought was where were her parents and they no doubt were sucking on a pipe and she was probably hungry because they hadn't bothered feeding her. My stance has always been the same over mental competency, I don't think it matters adn if someone is that crazy they won't know when they are fried as hey deserve to be fried just the same obviously something is wrong with any child molestor murderer predator type so there is no reason to gauge

Back