• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
@JackBurton "And the way the article is worded makes me think the school allows cellphones for academic reason. The fuck? What academic use could they have for a cellphone?"

They can use their phones to google the answers to tests, which then raises the schools tests scores, which makes that school look good and it can all be done under the guide of "academic reasons". :)

I personally do not know of any parent that thinks a phone in class is a good idea.

I realize that. Practically any contact whatsoever can amount to assault. I think it's bullshit they'd choose to charge a 16 year old kid with it over something as inconsequential as this though.

Whether or not you think it's bullshit, we are governed by the law regardless of our opinions of it.
I do think the young man should be formally charged.
According to your logic, if that fellow knocked down his 62 year old grandmother for taking his phone nothing should come of it legally.

Whether or not you think it's bullshit, we are governed by the law regardless of our opinions of it.

And this is a message board where we can share our opinions on how authorities choose to utilize said law. Not seeing the point of your captain obvious-esque statement here.

if that fellow knocked down his 62 year old grandmother for taking his phone nothing should come of it legally.

If this is how the knock down occurred, yeah, bit much takin a kid to jail for it.

And this is a message board where we can share our opinions on how authorities choose to utilize said law. Not seeing the point of your captain obvious-esque statement here.

If this is how the knock down occurred, yeah, bit much takin a kid to jail for it.

So let me just clarify here...
You have no issue with a young man assaulting someone of practically geriatric age over a cell phone being taken?

We are all entitled to our opinions, and our opinions of other people's opinions.

It is of my opinion that 16 year olds shouldn't go around knocking people down over cell phones, and that they should pay the consequences for said action. The law just so happens to agree with me.;)

Peace out- Captain Obvious

You have no issue with a young man assaulting someone of practically geriatric age over a cell phone being taken?

I already explained my position. Whether it meets the legal definition of assault or not, i didn't view this as some act violent or bad enough to warrant throwing some 16 year old in jail.

Clearly i'm alone on that, which is fine. My biggest beef is with the wording that this was some "slam", when really it just appears the teach merely fell down whilst tug of warring over this phone. The whole thing feels blown out of proportion to an absurd degree.

And i never said the kid shouldn't face any consequences.

The kid got arrested regardless of your opinion or mine. Your points are rather arbitrary when they lack substance or conscientious debate.
What rationale exactly are you trying to substantiate?

We must be doing something right in our house...because our kids have technology, phones and tablets and they don't fucking act like that. And I'm glad too because those tablets are pretty good tools when it comes to homework and assignments. No text books, no lockers, and no fucking excuses, you have Google and a nap sack...you don't even need a pen...do your fucking homework.

Wait a second Jack. The kid body slammed a teacher, the guy is practically a senior citizen. I would be really scared if my kid did some thing like this. I don't think I would even bail them out right away, because this isn't a phones fault. It would be your kids because they body slammed a teacher...holy fuck!

It wasn't my idea of a body slam. Maybe a body slam in ultra slow motion. Still, he struggled with the teacher and shouldn't have. The student is old enough to understand the consequences of putting your hands on another person especially when that person is in a position of authority. With his attitude he'll probably end up getting shot by police.

Kid laid his hands on the teacher in an aggressive manner. Quit debating semantics.
End.

Peace out- Still Captain Obvious

Back