• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Oberle

Trusted Member
Sounds like they were spread all around the area, ugh. Wonder if there will be more on this? Apparently they have an image off surveillance cameras that may be a suspect.

Please forgive me, but a certain resonant old Tony Bennet song is now earworming me . . . "I left my heart in San Francisco" la la la :shame:

Police answering a suspicious package call in San Francisco made a most unpleasant discovery when they opened a suitcase and found it contained human body parts.

The suitcase was found Wednesday afternoon on 11th Street in the Mission District. Police closed four blocks while they investigated.

The Los Angeles Times reported that remains were also found at three locations within a three-block radius. Asked about the reporting, a police spokeswoman told CNN there are no updates.

There were other items around the suitcase, Gatpandan said.

The gender and age of the person were unclear, she said.​

source: http://ktla.com/2015/01/28/dismembered-body-found-in-suitcase-on-sidewalk-in-downtown-san-francisco/

A little more info this morning from techtimes.com. I guess techtimes was interested because of the Twitter connection? o_O

source: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/2...rts-in-suitcase-on-san-francisco-sidewalk.htm

suitcase.jpg

(similar suitcase)

Police spokeswoman Grace Gatpandan said that the city medical examiner confirmed that the parts that were found were human remains albeit it is yet to be determined whether or not these belonged to one or several victims. Gatpandan also said that the gender and race of the victim are unknown.

"Investigators are still searching to determine if there are any other body parts in the area . . . This was an extremely gruesome crime scene."

The street, where the roller-type suitcase that was stuffed with gruesome human remains was found, is in an area with a big number of homeless people. It is also only a block away from the Twitter headquarters.

Freaky I should just take myself out now and not wait for some scum to do it later :shifty:

What body parts were they if they can't determine race or gender? We talking a suitcase full of organs?

A 60-year-old man was arrested early Saturday on murder charges in connection with an incident in which human body parts were found stuffed in a suitcase and left on a San Francisco street, police said.

Mark Andrus was booked into county jail and was awaiting a first court appearance, police said.

Andrus was taken into custody Friday evening when an anonymous tip led officers to the Tenderloin neighborhood in the city's downtown, police said.

Officers detained two people, describing one of them as a person of interest in the homicide case.

Authorities closed off several blocks in downtown San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood on Wednesday afternoon after discovering the suitcase. Officers then found more remains nearby after searching the area, police said.

The San Francisco Chronicle said the city medical examiner determined that the remains belonged to a "light-skinned male," but neither an identity nor cause of death could be immediately established.
http://news.yahoo.com/san-francisco-police-detain-two-over-body-parts-080954553.html

California cops led a suspect — shrouded by the cover of night and a bed sheet — into custody in connection to this week’s horrifying discovery of a macabre suitcase.

An anonymous tipster pointed San Francisco Police investigators to the Sala Burton Manor apartments where two men were detained Friday night, police said.

Wednesday’s gruesome find of a dismembered human torso stashed in a suitcase and more parts in a garbage can led police on the hunt for those responsible. The body parts were found less than a mile from the apartments.

The tipster said he recognized the scraggly man, identified as 59-year-old Mark Andrus, caught on grainy surveillance footage Wednesday.

The video shows Andrus near Goodwill after the roller was dumped amid garbage. He was named a person of interest Friday before his arrest Saturday on murder charges.

He was dubbed a possible transient by police, originally from Missoula, Mont., the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

Relatives in Spokane, Wash. said he had problems with law enforcement in past years, but hadn’t seen him in at least 20 years.

His sister-in-law had simple words upon learning of his arrest: “Oh Lord, oh my God. That’s horrible,” the Chronicle wrote.

Though police have recovered most of the victim’s parts, his head, lower arms and hands are still missing. He has not been identified pending a DNA test.

Police briefly detained a second man sans bed sheet Friday night, but he was released.
http://m.nydailynews.com/news/natio...ase-body-parts-found-report-article-1.2098779

So no steakhouses?

Good to know if i ever lose my mind and decide to take a vacation to san fran

Throwing a rolling suitcase in a dumpster in an area like that was sure to get him caught. People that live in areas like that will go through dumpsters, trash cans, take out boxes dumped on the street and dump trucks if they were allowed. He was doing it all wrong! He should have put more thought in to it and actually to it out to forest area. Glad he was stupid enough to get caught though.

I saw a discussion on a friend's fb page. She lives in the city and supposedly one of her friend's had called the cops on him around the same time, not knowing about this crime because he was acting scary and staring at her (I don't know the details but it must have felt threatened if she lives in the city among all the other weirdos and felt compelled to call the cops). I saw surveillance of him and he looks like any other homeless guy. Probably not playing with a full deck to have the forethought of what looks suspicious or to put more planning into it.

I've been trolling around to even get an inkling of who the victim might be. Nada.
Closest I can find ishttp://sf-police.org/index.aspx?page=256 but unlikely since he's been missing since 2006.

Last edited:
I've been trolling around to even get an inkling of who the victim might be. Nada.
Closest I can find ishttp://sf-police.org/index.aspx?page=256 but unlikely since he's been missing since 2006.
Totally unrelated to this case, but there are also a ton of young men missing in the city right now and several have been found in the bay or other bodies of water. The SFPD is not saying that there is a serial killer. Not that much attention is being drawn to it at all.

Totally unrelated to this case, but there are also a ton of young men missing in the city right now and several have been found in the bay or other bodies of water. The SFPD is not saying that there is a serial killer. Not that much attention is being drawn to it at all.
It's my opinion there is an SK, but who am I?
I think police have to say they don't suspect an SK, otherwise the public will panic.

A San Francisco man arrested on suspicion of murder in connection with a dismembered body found in a suitcase left on a city street will not face charges due to insufficient evidence

[..]

Mark Jeffrey Andrus, 60, was arrested early on Saturday and was being held without bail as investigators tried to determine whether he had killed the male victim and stuffed his body parts in the suitcase

[..]

"At this stage of the case, the Medical Examiner has yet to determine a cause of death or issue a positive identification of the victim," the San Francisco District Attorney's office said in a statement.

"Until we have the evidence necessary to prove this case beyond a reasonable doubt, we are ethically obligated to hold off on charging this suspect," the statement said.

[...]

The newspaper also reported on Tuesday that authorities were trying to determine whether the body parts belonged to Andrus's former roommate, who went missing weeks ago.

http://news.yahoo.com/man-arrested-san-francisco-body-parts-case-not-032906365.html

The newspaper also reported on Tuesday that authorities were trying to determine whether the body parts belonged to Andrus's former roommate, who went missing weeks ago.
UGH, so his roommate is missing? And they still let this guy go?? So glad I moved.

The suspect in a gruesome San Francisco suitcase killing died Saturday morning, according to media reports and his lawyer.

Mark Jeffrey Andrus, 54, went into septic shock and died while being treated for a drug problem, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

“I am sorry to learn that Mark Andrus died Saturday morning at San Francisco General Hospital,” Public Defender Jeff Adachi said in a statement emailed to the Daily News. “During the short time I represented Mark, I found him to be a kind and engaging person.”
http://m.nydailynews.com/news/natio...memberment-mark-andrus-dies-article-1.2107618

So what started as a very interesting story full of intrigue and horrific body part suitcases and terrific travel/tourism advice has culminated in two creepo drug addicted san fransisco tramps nobody gives a shit about being dead. Meh.

What a dissapointment. There was so much potential here.

QUOTE: “During the short time I represented Mark, I found him to be a kind and engaging person.”

Defense attorney's are so full of shit they could cause a city to shut down from just taking a dump. I guess as long as the criminal doesn't kill anyone the defense attorney is close to then their client's are nothing but stand up people. :gas:

QUOTE: “During the short time I represented Mark, I found him to be a kind and engaging person.”

Defense attorney's are so full of shit they could cause a city to shut down from just taking a dump. I guess as long as the criminal doesn't kill anyone the defense attorney is close to then their client's are nothing but stand up people. :gas:

You can be kind and engaging and still kill people. It doesn't make the attorney's statement false. Most killers are somewhat personable. It's not like he claimed the guy was innocent or a good person :)

QUOTE: You can be kind and engaging and still kill people.

That can be so very true. But between my careers at hospitals working with injured patients from accidents and assaults, Dept Soc Serv dealing with attorneys for Child Support and Child Protective Services, and other programs, foster/adoption care in my home, acting as a Guardian Ad Litem, I have worked with a lot of public defenders, Legal Aid attorneys, and private attorneys. There are a few I did grow to respect who wanted to do the right thing for the victim or child and their client's all the same, but just a few I repeat again. The 97% of them were willing to do whatever it took to make their client to appear normal, sane or insane (depending on situation), caring parent, and so on. I guess they are only doing what they are paid to do but like one mumbled to me as we were going in to court referring to his client, "I sure do hope he's on his medication today. I need to try and convince the judge he's human enough to have supervised visitation".

Latest posts

Back