• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
Lorna-Weafer.jpg

More details on a bear attack that left a woman dead in northern Alberta have been released, with union officials saying the woman was working with a group, but was dragged away by the animal.

Reports surfaced late Wednesday afternoon that a Suncor employee had died following a bear attack at a worksite located 25 kilometres north of Fort McMurray.

The incident happened at about 3:30 p.m., at the Suncor Oil Sands base plant – Occupational Health and Safety officials said a mature black bear attacked the woman, and she was pronounced dead at the scene.

CTV News has confirmed the woman killed in the incident was Lorna Weafer, 36 – an instrument technician who was doing electrical work when she was attacked.

Read more: http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/victim-o...away-from-group-union-1.1812851#ixzz33EnGOlfq

Oh jesus... that's really awful. I know how bad a dog bite feels, I can't imagine how crushing and ripping that must have been.

Rest in peace, Lorna.

Yikes. This is the kind of shit I have nightmares about. I wonder what provoked the attack.

From the original link.

union official told The Canadian Press that co-workers blasted air horns in an attempt to scare the bear away.
RCMP said after the attack, a bear was put down in the area, and officials are testing to determine whether it was the same bear that attacked the woman – bear traps have been set in case it wasn’t.

Suncor told CTV News that its employees receive wildlife training – although the union said it could be more extensive.

Officials with Alberta Fish and Wildlife said the site of the attack, along the Athabasca River, was not fenced off – but there were no non-natural attractants in the area at the time of the attack, meaning there was no garbage or man-made items that could have attracted bears to the area.

I had these photos in my library. I can't remember where or find the story but this was a man eating bear, that killed a couple of people. I couldn't imagine being attacked by something like this beast.
Fe7CBA2.jpg

MsZi0Qc.jpg

Edit: I found the link to the site I had saved pics from. Says it was in Alaska. Warning link has really grisly pics.
http://www.charonboat.com/item/222

Last edited:
I ike this new forum/catagory. Very cool. I have this awful fear of bears. I also have this re-occuring dream that one gets into my house and tears it all up. I just moved and i am way up in the mountains now and they are all over and i just KNOW i will see one. I heard if you come across one you should just scream at it and then run away. I really don't think that works though. lol. Hopefully if i do see one it will be a baby one! Small friendly bear...yeah. hahaha

Poor lady ...such an awful way to die. RIP

I had these photos in my library. I can't remember where or find the story but this was a man eating bear, that killed a couple of people. I couldn't imagine being attacked by something like this beast.
Fe7CBA2.jpg

MsZi0Qc.jpg

Edit: I found the link to the site I had saved pics from. Says it was in Alaska. Warning link has really grisly pics.

Just in case someone wants to call bull shit on your story.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/bearhunt.asp

I live in the interior of BC, Canada. We have loads of bears here, and we always treat them with respect!! Unpredictable!!

The problem with baby bears is that the mother is never far away. All things considered I think I would rather meet a healthy adult that has just eaten its fill.
Me too. Also wouldn't recommend screaming and running. That's behavior of prey, lord knows you don't want him to think of you as prey.

@WannaBeMaybe Thanks I had those pics from a while back and couldn't remember exact story but I remembered that it was a man eating bear. That's what got me is how huge it really is. He could pop my head like a grape in those monster jaws.

Fe7CBA2.jpg

MsZi0Qc.jpg

That's one big ass bear. I live in northern PA and we have a shit ton of bears, one year they took 13 off our hill during bear season and right now I would say we have more than that year but at least they sdon't get that big. Ours comde out any time of the day or night and will get right up on your porch, some idiots think feeding them is a nivce idea so now they come up to all the houses expecting food. Baby bears are cute as Hell but babies grow into that up there.

In VA we have bear hunting seasons, where they give licenses and ask people to kill a certain number of adult bears in areas close to towns/cities.

Even with those kinds of annual hunts... I still found a bear hanging out inside a greenhouse at work, following people around.

Anyone oing work in that area shoulda been packin defense measures, bear spray or firearms, or both.

Me too. Also wouldn't recommend screaming and running. That's behavior of prey, lord knows you don't want him to think of you as prey.

@WannaBeMaybe Thanks I had those pics from a while back and couldn't remember exact story but I remembered that it was a man eating bear. That's what got me is how huge it really is. He could pop my head like a grape in those monster jaws.
I went to the link and the pics are not her. I clearly see a penis.

The link isn't photos from this actual story, but another one where the bear was incredibly massive. It think was posted as a 'here's another crazy bear story' story - not to verify the story from the thread.

I saw that, too - but was it really a penis? Or part of his intestines? I'm presuming it was a him based on the shape of the leg left - and the hair on it. But couldn't tell whether that was a penis - what it appeared on first glance - or something else. Because I think he was basically missing from the waist to the knee. I'm thinking it was an intestine or some internal organ. It was also black, so I'm thinking it was maybe a bit damaged in the process. Not sure it could decay while the exterior hadn't yet but doubting a white man had a black penis. I'm sure many white men have wished for that, though.

Someone asked what might have provoked the attack:
The bear might have been hungry and needed a late winter snack. Bears don't hibernate constantly in the winter time, especially if they didn't lay on enough fat before winter. If the weather warms up a bit, they head out for a breather or to find food.

Last edited:
Back