• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
A Minnesota man is in jail on $1 million bail after allegedly biting off his girlfriend's ear and then beheading her cat.

Michael Trudeau, 51, was arrested Sunday, after police in Chaska responded to a domestic abuse charge at an apartment complex...

Officers found a 42-year-old woman covered in blood cowering in a corner of the lobby.

The victim told police that she had been dating Trudeau for two years, and that he had assaulted her during a vodka-fueled argument about their relationship.

Trudeau allegedly choked the victim, slammed her head into the ground, and tried to shove an umbrella down her throat, the station reports.

The victim told police Trudeau told her he was a former Marine and said, "I'm trained to kill the enemy. You're the enemy." He also allegedly told her she was going to die that night but "they're not going to know what happened because I'll kill myself afterwards,"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/30/michael-trudeau_n_6580934.html?utm_hp_ref=crime

He sounds nice.....

And he also has a 2006 conviction for animal abuse and domestic abuse by (gasp) choking a former partner! It's in the link above. I hope he's put away for a VERY long time as his spots aren't ever going to change.

She may have been too paralyzed by fear and shock to do much when the cat was being killed, as it was an object lesson in what he was capable of doing to her. Were it me though, I'd have been out the door and running down the street as soon as he was out of sight.

With her cowering in the corner sans ear, something tells me this isn't the first time he's displayed his vodka-fueled brutal side...

You always hear "fight or flight" as primal reactions to danger, but I've never heard the third "f" mentioned, which is to freeze. No movement, no eye contact, nothing to spark the aggressor. It's like willing yourself into invisibility.

The cat episode was three weeks earlier, shudder.

Crap, I scanned. So, it was longer term physical and psychological torture over time. Christ, it's just so easy to see this story in my head. Maybe cowering in the corner, conciously or subconciously, was her way of staying alive. By his history, he's apparently found murdering innocent animals in sick ways to be an effective visual aide.

You always hear "fight or flight" as primal reactions to danger, but I've never heard the third "f" mentioned, which is to freeze. No movement, no eye contact, nothing to spark the aggressor. It's like willing yourself into invisibility.

That one should definitely be added because it happens SO often when the mind can't process the horror that is happening to you, or around you.

Remember the "Kitty Genovese" case that started as phenomena and has now become the "The Genovese Bystander Effect" in the Psych and Sociology world? Different situation, different reasons for some people who watched, but a perfect example of your "third F" via multiple eye witness accounts. No joke, I've always thought that really should be included with the other two, too.

I completely agree @McDanel and @gatekeeper

My only abusive relationship taught me to do the same. I was pushed down the stairs one time during a fight. I hit the bottom and was crying, grabbing my collarbone. He took the portable phone and threw it at me, hitting me in the head, telling me to call 911 if I chose to. He kicked me a few times taunting me to call for help and see what happens when they arrive. I cowered in the corner while he screamed some more, not wanting to move, or piss him off any worse. Tucked my head in between my legs just hoping that the next hit wouldn't be to the face.

Like you said, hoping somehow I would just disappear. Fighting certainly wasn't an option. Running wasn't either. Just hide wishing he would calm down.

Freeze definitely should be included. I can completely see her response to this fuckwad as a valid reaction to the danger.

Damn, I hope this animal goes away for a very, very long time.

Bloody hell, just when I thought this guy couldn't get any worse. He also lit the cat on fire prior to strangling it, then cut off his head. Doctors were also unable to reattach her ear. A few more details here....

:jawdrop::arghh::mad::rage::punch: WHAT IS THE ACTUAL FUCKING HELL!?!?!? Please send him to my house. I'll teach him how the fuck torture is really done!

@Forensicwx - I remember that same ' you can't disappear enough' reaction/feeling very well, too. And again, personally, I can't understand why it's actually *not* included because it's also a very strong, natural sympathetic nervous system response. I equate it to how many "prey animals" stay alive in all the bio categories. To me, it's not much different than the snow shoe rabbit, for example, who freezes perfectly still trying to blend in with the snow when it senses a hungry wolf approaching. The whole "fight or flight" response is based on physiology, and if psych, soc., and bio scientists don't think "Freeze" has its own sympathetic, physiological responses, they never been in that gd situation.

Last edited:
@Forensicwx - I remember that same ' you can't disappear enough' reaction/feeling very well, too. And again, personally, I can't understand why it's actually *not* included because it's also a very strong, natural sympathetic nervous system response. I equate it to how many "prey animals" stay alive in all the bio categories. To me, it's not much different than the snow shoe rabbit, for example, who freezes perfectly still trying to blend in with the snow when it senses a hungry wolf approaching. The whole "fight or flight" response is based on physiology, and if psych, soc., and bio scientists don't think "Freeze" has its own sympathetic, physiological responses, they never been in that gd situation.
Freeze is discussed in canine behavior and ethology circles quite a bit, so I think it is becoming more accepted.

OMFG...He tried to make her eat an umbrella, a fucking umbrella. I would be so fucking scared if someone tried to make me do that...that is not normal.

No need to personally attack me. I already suffer from low self esteem. My x would be call me a dumb bitch all the time.. Tell me that I am stupid etc

You're not stupid or a dumb bitch. I like you and think you're pretty awesome. :hug:

Omg I'm Sorry! I went through the same thing. I was beaten abused regularly for 5 yrs. My boyfriend always came home drunk. He chocked me in front of the kids. He beat me with a frying pan. It was my favorite frying pan and it got bent. I would just freeze when it happened. Threatened to kill me I never dared to run away or call the police. I still loved him. I was too scared. When he beat my son, that is when I packed my bags and left. I have always had bad experience with men. Im always attracted to bad boys because the nice ones are boring. Why is it so hard to find love?
You know what?
Sometimes the nice ones might be boring....
But you can always spice up the nice ones. It's a million times better than the bad boys.

Ignore the the reply you got.

I was the bad girl. I dated all bad boys. I'm married to a man who has never smoked a cigarette and never even knew one friend who smoked pot!
He is my polar opposite!

But it works. He's out there @strity1994! You're very young. And you deserve better!
Keep your head up. And don't settle for the types that u and I described.

84 months in prison.

Really threw the book at him huh. Pathetic sentence.
[doublepost=1459232823,1459232753][/doublepost]
And he also has a 2006 conviction for animal abuse and domestic abuse by (gasp) choking a former partner! It's in the link above.

Bet the victim in this case wishes she had done a better job looking into her chosen partners past. People are dumb.
[doublepost=1459232910][/doublepost]
The cat episode was three weeks earlier, shudder.

Wow and she stayed with him? Did she WANT to get hurt?
[doublepost=1459233036][/doublepost]
Remember the "Kitty Genovese" case that started as phenomena and has now become the "The Genovese Bystander Effect" in the Psych and Sociology world?

Can't remember where i read it, but i read or watched something about that incident that portrayed a very different scenario of how it went down. The argument being made was that it wasn't nearly as bad as we've been led to believe. Weren't that many witnesses, wasn't so clear what was occurring, that type of thing. Wish i could find it, can't even remember if it was a crackpot thing or possibly legit. I'd google the thing again but i have things to do. Someone else get on it.
[doublepost=1459233157][/doublepost]
OMFG...He tried to make her eat an umbrella, a fucking umbrella. I would be so fucking scared if someone tried to make me do that...that is not normal.

I wonder how he did it. Was it handle end first? Was it already opened as he was shoving? Or did he go the more obvious and comical route and was trying to shove it down with the intention of opening it once in there.
[doublepost=1459233484][/doublepost]
No need to personally attack me. I already suffer from low self esteem. My x would be call me a dumb bitch all the time.. Tell me that I am stupid etc

Her response is perfectly legitimate and in no way a personal attack. Not sure why anyone crapped/disagreed with it. Many people who end up in abusive relationships or seem to always choose the "wrong" guy/girl don't have a good grasp on what makes for a truly loving, supportive, healthy relationship. Self esteem issues often go hand in hand with that and work to cloud a persons judgment and ideas of what "love" truly means and looks like.

If you EVER said or thought to yourself, "that was mean of him, but i know he loves me" before forgiving or shrugging it off or whatever, then lithiumgirls response has some amount of weight and you shouldn't be so quick to get all thin skinned and candyassed about it.

Neither is slamming your head into the ground or setting your cat on fire. I would have been scared shitless no matter which one of those he started off with.

Back