• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Malodorous

Smells Bad
YMia6lW.jpg
WCTV.tv said:
Woman Accused of Tearing Down Satanic Display Pleads 'Not Guilty'
Updated: Thu 7:08 PM, Jan 29, 2015
By: WCTV Eyewitness News

TALLAHASSEE, Fla.--
Court records show a Tallahassee woman accused of damaging the Satanic Temple display at Florida's capitol pleaded not guilty in court this morning.
54-year-old Susan Hemeryck is facing misdemeanor charges of criminal mischief.
Capitol Police say Hemeryck walked into the capitol and vandalized the Satanic Temple display, which replaced a nativity scene, two days before Christmas.
When Capitol Police stopped her and returned the display, Hemeryck says she ripped the fallen angel out of it.
"We are not sure there was a crime," Hemeryck's attorney Mike Bauer said. "I think this case represents the state basically putting an attack on Christians. That would be her viewpoint."
Hemeryck will have her next court appearance on March 4th.
http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/W...anic-Display-Pleads-Not-Guilty-290204821.html

I wasn't sure whether this belonged in In The Mean Time, or Weird News instead, since... you know, her lawyer is unsure that any crime was committed here.

More details over on RawStory:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/...-charges-against-her-an-attack-on-christians/
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/...s-to-ensure-enough-time-for-legal-challenges/

Last edited:
Of course, had it been the other way around she'd have been burned at the stake. It was an attempt by the state to appear unbiased and wasn't an attack on Christians. She committed vandalism, so, yes, there was a crime. I'm sure in her mind she is doing the Lord's work. That's the same thing all extremists say to justify their acts. At least she wasn't beheading anyone.

I'm not sure what to make of this one, though the attorney's comment about, "We're not sure there was a crime committed," is pretty funny.

Of course, had it been the other way around she'd have been burned at the stake. It was an attempt by the state to appear unbiased and wasn't an attack on Christians. She committed vandalism, so, yes, there was a crime. I'm sure in her mind she is doing the Lord's work. That's the same thing all extremists say to justify their acts. At least she wasn't beheading anyone.

To be fair, that is maybe not the best way to go on the whole Unbiased approach. Although extremely commendable of the state to actually do something against all that complete BS nagging concerning Christmas, they could have maybe gone for a more neutral approach.

Hilarious event none the less.

Last edited:
Looks so much like my mom it's fucking creepy. I need to leave this thread. Seriously, i'm pretty positive i have to be related to this nutbag somehow.

Back