• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
"Several dozen people with candles and protest signs gathered near the alley where Denver police officers fatally shot a 16-year-old girl on Monday, recalling her bright smile and demanding answers about the deadly encounter.

Police shot the teenager Monday morning after they say she struck and injured an officer with a stolen car. Authorities did not release the girl's name, but friends identified her as Jessica Hernandez......

"we're angry about it. It's another life taken by another cop."

Police Chief Robert White says an officer had been called to check on a suspicious vehicle. White says a colleague arrived and as the officers approached the car, the driver struck one of them with the vehicle. The officers then opened fire."

Idk. I sort of feel like these protestors are forgetting the STOLE A CAR THEN USED IT AS A DEADLY WEAPON part of this story.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/denver-police-shoot-kill-16-year-old-girl-car-n294221

Being local to me, i cannot put into words how sick this makes me! She was in a stolen car, she sped towards 2 officers and they both (not one but BOTH) unloaded- fearing for their lives, shot and killed the driver. Who happened to be a teenager....
Sad yes, a life lost so young, and so violently. However, its not like she was walking her dog peacefully in the park either...

And while the Denver Police Department has had SEVERAL high profile brutality cases recently, I'm sorry- If someone is speeding towards me, with the intent on running me over, Imma shoot too... wouldn't anyone?

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...uct-civil-rights-investigation-into-her-death

Omg. Omg. Omg.

The signs protesters are holding say "Girls lives matter too" and "Cowards shoot girls."

I'm sorry. This fucking infuriates me! First off, how do i upload pics, cuz the by our local news pics, you cant even really tell she's a girl. (She is wearing a hat.) Second- that 16 yr old girl, was driving a STOLEN car full of kids and tried to run the cops over.
I'm baffled by the criticism of this. If I sped towards the cops, with the intent to run them down, I would expect to get shot at...

ETA: the local link here. For pics... How the fuck were the cops supposed to question if she was a boy, girl, kid or adult? She was speeding towards them intent on running them over-, they weren't concerned who the fuck she was or was not...

Last edited:
I think everyone taking part in these kinds of protests should be registered on a list of 'forbidden to breed'. Because they are clearly far below the acceptable IQ limit.

Civil rights my ass.

nvplsm.jpg

ETA: From @Rach's link
Is it just me or does it look like she is trying to copy Bieber? And I would figure it would be a guy, with maybe the exception of her lips. But honestly that is not really something you pay attention to when someone ran you over.

I think everyone taking part in these kinds of protests should be registered on a list of 'forbidden to breed'. Because they are clearly far below the acceptable IQ limit.

Civil rights my ass.
Agreed. Forced sterilizations in cases like that, should be allowed.

How about #Copslivesmattertoo

I am not in any way claiming that cops should have free reign to go all Dirty Harry, but there are plenty of awesome people out there that have joined the police to help improve their communities. They have every right to be able to go home safely at the end of their shift.

I guess in the minds (and I use the term here VERY loosely) of these protesters, the cops should have tased the car!? Or I guess like in some movies, they just have a magic button that will disable the car.

I have said it before and I say it again... there is a portion of our society that LIVES to find a reason to be offended. I swear that after a few more of these "protests", I will be ready to become one of those "doomsday preppers" and go hide up in the mountains until these idiots breed themselves out of existence. (It will happen too... I can see it now, there will be an epidemic of these morons drowning in the shower!)

Oh, I'm sorry the kid was shot by the police. Sucks she died. Sucks she stole a car and decided to turn it into a deadly weapon. Maybe blue lives don't matter to those protesting, but how about the cops let her drive on and some pedestrian's life was snatched away because this girl's joy ride went out of control? Should that person's family cry out for justice, too? Or would their shock and grief quickly transform to contrite understanding because the killer was a 16-year old girl?

I'm sure the grieving family would even invite her over for tea and cakes to apologize for any misunderstandings, and how their loved one should never have been crossing the street in the first place. No one would have been hurt if the sidewalks and streets were cleared for her blameless behavior.
:sarcasm:

"We're angry about it. It's another life taken by another cop."

Well guess what, assholes - I'M angry about it because yet another delinquent POS decided to commit a crime and you want to idolize the criminal behavior in hopes of convincing people you're entitled to forgo a sense of personal responsibility.

Instead of being mad at cops because your criminal died - START TEACHING YOUR FUCKING WORTHLESS OFFSPRING THAT CRIME DOESN'T PAY. Start doing some real parenting, be a positive role model, and contribute something to society besides GRIEF.

I've had it with these fucking worthless assholes and their 'outrage.' They created the situation, let them go stuff their outrage right up their asses. If their own irresponsibility is an indicator of the size of their assholes, they should be able to fit a fucking car in there.

Whether it was male or female doesn't matter (though, good lord, she is one fugly bitch - still, if I were stuck on a desert island with only her or that cunt who set her baby on fire in the middle of the road, I could possibly get it up for this butch-looking thing), what matters is the perp was using a car as a weapon against the cops. A car is a pretty big fucking weapon. Case closed.

there are so many cases that need to be under investigation it makes me sick when people flock to ones like this. grand theft auto, no sympathy assault with a deadly weapon [yes the car] no sympathy

Last edited:
Meanwhile, court records show the Colorado State Patrol ticketed Hernandez on New Year's Day for speeding 25-to-39 mph over the posted limit, eluding a police officer, resisting arrest and driving under restraint in the Commerce City area. A misdemeanor driving under restraint charge indicates she'd had her license suspended for a prior traffic violation.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...uct-civil-rights-investigation-into-her-death

The article says she was 17 and had this little tid bit. I have no sympathy for the parents. This wasn't a one time deal. She could have seriously injured innocent bystanders in either incident. There were other kids in the car when she was shot. If anything the police should be commended on their aim.

The signs protesters are holding say "Girls lives matter too" and "Cowards shoot girls."
Sure, they're right on both counts BUT girls don't try to kill cops with stolen cars, you know those 2,000 pound killing machines that we wield on a daily basis.

Kinda neat how that works, if you want your life to matter then don't try to kill cops because cops lives matter too and only scumbag punks try to kill cops.

This is no dumber then the "hands up don't shoot" morons
It's more like criminal lives matter
Honest lives don't

According to some witnesses,
A passenger in the car, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of safety concerns, has disputed the official account of the shooting, saying officers came up to the car from behind and fired four times into the driver's side window
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/2...o-get-out-stolen-car-before-shooting-killing/
and then the car started moving as a consequense of the driver's (Jessica) death.
I'd like to see the result of the investigation.

Sounds like a completely reliable witness...
...specially when one of the officers ended up with a broken leg.
However, this is something to ponder about national standards on firing moving vehicles:

Experts say shooting and disabling a driver can send a car out of control.
"If you were to shoot at the driver, you would have an unguided missile, basically," said Chuck Wexler, executive director of the Police Executive Research Forum, which suggests departments forbid officers from shooting at moving vehicles unless there is another deadly threat involved, such as a weapon.http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/2...o-get-out-stolen-car-before-shooting-killing/
frome the same article

...specially when one of the officers ended up with a broken leg.
However, this is something to ponder about national standards on firing moving vehicles:

frome the same article
Well, it didn't hit any innocent civilians, so it's all good.

I'd say I'm sorry that the kid's dead, but I don't know that I really am. Yeah, teens do some dumb shit, but not like that. Even if a kid is unruly, typically their first brush with the law straightens 'em out. This girl, though, seemed hell-bent on pushing the envelope with every subsequent offence, and I doubt she would ever have contributed much to society other than a few directionless spawn.

You pro cop weirdos give me the creeps. This story is in no way shape or form comparable to the police shootings in other incidents in which people are protesting. This girl was speeding at police officers with the intent to run them over. Of course no one should protest this killing because it was one thousand percent justified. If this girl was simply standing on the corner with her hands up saying "I didn't so nuffin" and then promptly put in a choke hold and killed THEN that would be a different story. But that's not the case. The cops did right, well done. Maybe if some of you guys didn't live down the boulevard from your neighborhood police officers, knew them by their first name and your kids didn't go to school with their kids, then maybe you could somehow understand how SOME police protests are actually necessary as a lot of cops are fueled by power and are of the bad apple variety.

I'm sorry C2C but I'm close to as anti-cop as they come and just because people are standing up for the cops' actions does not necessarily mean that they are pro-cop. I'm "pro-reality" and the reality of this situation is that a stupid 16 year old 1) Decided to steal a car and 2) Decided to accelerate toward two armed officers. Note the "Decided" in both statements. She made piss poor decisions and now she's dead because of them. I grew up in the reboot of the 50's (a.k.a. the 80's) and I wouldn't ever even think about making an aggressive move toward a police officer and that wouldn't even be because I feared for my life. Dumbasses make aggressive moves toward police officers. If you feel you are in the right, take it to court. It makes you look a lot more credible than trying to run them over with a stolen car, throwing a punch or kicking out the back window of a cruiser. I totally agree that SOME police protests are necessary but that has no bearing on this particular situation and is an argument that does not hold water.

I do not think you and I read the same message from C2C, @Lancifer ?

Apart from the word pro-cop/anti-cop, you are entirely in agreement, as far as I can tell.....

Hi @Abroad ! I think the difference in interpretation of C2C's post is that they (not knowing the sex of the commenter, I default to the plural pronoun) were all over the map. What I had an issue with was twofold. On the one hand, there was the accusation that anyone defending the policemen's actions was met with "You pro cop weirdos give me the creeps." Which by its tone was combative from the get go. On the other was the assertion that "Maybe if some of you guys didn't live down the boulevard from your neighborhood police officers, knew them by their first name and your kids didn't go to school with their kids, then maybe you could somehow understand how SOME police protests are actually necessary as a lot of cops are fueled by power and are of the bad apple variety." C2C and I were agreement between these two statements. Their post was very passive aggressive. I was refuting that anyone standing with the police on their actions was possibly not on a first name basis with their police officers and might not even not even like them. (for the record, I have NO kids that could possibly go to school with their's). I am not "mad" at C2C in any sense of the word, I just think that maybe their personal opinion is clouded.

Edited to add: ETA: I was conciliatory in saying that I agreed that some protests are not only justified, but necessary if we are to remain a society that believes in free speech.

Last edited:
The Denver City Council on Monday signed off on a $1 million settlement with the family of a 17-year-old girl who was shot to death by police through the windows of a stolen car.

Jessica Hernandez’s death in January 2015 in a Park Hill alley ignited dueling sympathies for the police officers who believed they were in danger and for the family and friends of a teenager who still was finding her path. It also put the spotlight on Denver police’s policy of allowing officers to shoot at moving cars, prompting a change.

Now, officers may not shoot at a moving car unless they are returning fire.

City officials and Qusair Mohamedbhai, the attorney for Hernandez’s parents, Laura Rosales and Jose Hernandez, announced the settlement last week. Mayor Michael Hancock’s administration has said it agreed to resolve the family’s claim — agreeing to the payout and several other non-monetary conditions — to avoid a drawn-out lawsuit.

On Monday night, the council approved the deal in an 11-0 block vote. None of the members commented on the settlement.

Hernandez’s parents won several concessions in the settlement agreement, including that Denver police will allow the Hernandez family to select a representative for a new committee helping to rewrite its use-of-force policy. Denver police will host a community meeting focused on justice in the Latino and LGBTQ communities, and the department also agreed to no longer voluntarily release criminal histories on people shot by officers.

Before the shooting, Hernandez and four friends had stayed out all night and had fallen asleep in the car, which prompted neighbors to call police. Officers involved in Hernandez’s shooting ultimately were cleared of wrongdoing by the district attorney and Police Chief Robert White.

The settlement is significant, ranking high among the city of Denver’s recent payouts for jail and police incidents. But it’s dwarfed by two issued in 2014 — $6 million to the family of Marvin Booker, a homeless street preacher who died after a struggle with jail deputies while he was an inmate, and $3.25 million to Jamal Hunter, an inmate who survived a choking by one deputy and a brutal attack by other inmates.
http://www.denverpost.com/2017/04/17/denver-council-approves-jessica-hernandez-payment/

Back