• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

sugarfree irony

Trusted Member
NEW ORLEANS - A woman who was trying to intervene in a dispute that had her stepfather holding her mother at gunpoint, was shot and killed Thursday night in a residential Algiers neighborhood.

Police said 28-year-old Lindsey Crain got into an argument with Abbie Head, who is said to be Crain's stepfather by people close to the family. Crain was apparently trying to intervene in a situation in which Head was holding her mother at gunpoint.

Police said Crain was shot by Head with a shotgun. She died on the scene.
Early Friday, State Police received information that Head, who was considered to be armed and dangerous by police, was in the Broussard area, and was armed and in a suicidal state.

Troopers and the St. Martin Parish Sheriff's Office deputies began to search the area and found him at a Broussard hotel. He was taken into custody without incident.
http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/loc...lindsey-crain-stepfather-abbie-head/22588027/

I would be utterly destroyed if my abusive spouse (If I had one, which I don't; been there done that, no thanks and never again.) killed my child, more so if my child was trying to protect me at the time. I don't think I could ever come back from that.

I'm the type that if you hurt me, you probably won't get much of a reaction, but hurt someone else, especially someone I care about and you won't believe the difference in my reaction. Hell, I could hardly believe the difference in my reaction. (Not a scenario like this, but similar concept of my being abused leading to someone other than myself being hurt.)

So, until otherwise, I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that she just never thought he'd hurt anyone but her. Her daughter is 28 and thus not technically trapped in the relationship with her mom, so convincing herself that only she was in danger was probably easier than it would be with small children.

She leaves behind a young daughter . Hopefully the child will not be raised by Grandma and step-grandpa .
Sugarfree irony..you are an idiot and a moran. Do you know this mother? You are making your own assumptions without knowing her. I do and she is an upstanding model citizen. She had no idea this monster would do that or even had the guts to do it. He was always all talk. A coward that hid behind a shotgun. And yes the mother and child's father is raising the young daughter. Keep your mouth shut unless you know the facts, which appatently you don't. By the way moron, the step-grandpa is in prison for Murder...idiot

Do you know her Grandma???

Sugarfree irony..you are an idiot and a moran. Do you know this mother? You are making your own assumptions without knowing her. I do and she is an upstanding model citizen. She had no idea this monster would do that or even had the guts to do it. He was always all talk. A coward that hid behind a shotgun. And yes the mother and child's father is raising the young daughter. Keep your mouth shut unless you know the facts, which appatently you don't. By the way moron, the step-grandpa is in prison for Murder...idiot

Do you? Because I would like to know why she was with a man that could do that? Was he an abusive man?
No need to explain the living situation. I pray the mother of this poor murdered beautiful woman finds peace. Lord knows she deserves it! This man was abusive and it isn't always easy to get out of that sort of relationship. Abuse is NEVER okay! The subhuman who did this was a parasite. He didn't contribute to the household. Everything they owned was in the mother's name. She slaved while he enjoyed a live of leisure. The mother was in the process of leaving.... She rented a house before the incident and was leaving him...damnit! For too many guys, a marriage is more of a purchase agreement. Coward "men" who terrorize women are usually wimps that would never have the guts to treat other men in the same fashion. Wimps cannot co-exist in violent offender wings of prisons with true criminals. I take comfort that these subhuman garbage women abusers usually get what's coming to them in a real prison with true hard-hitting ruthless gangsters. However, it's a shame that it has to get to that point and defenseless women have to suffer. Do some research before posting ignorant remarks. Do you even know stats? Here are just a few. Write them down or your damanged dull mind might forget!
  • Many people honestly and sincerely get a gun for "home or car defense"., yet how many stories of even a bar scuffle where some menace to society leaves, goes to his car, and comes back blasting
  • Seventy percent of women who are killed by prince charming are killed while leaving him
  • A gun kept in the home is several times more likely to be used against oneself, a family member or close friend, than any intruder.

She leaves behind a young daughter . Hopefully the child will not be raised by Grandma and step-grandpa .
Sugarfree irony..REPEAT NEWS: you are an idiot and a moron. Do you know this mother? You are making your own assumptions without knowing her. I do and she is an upstanding model citizen. She had no idea this monster would do that or even had the guts to do it. He was always all talk. A coward that hid behind a shotgun. And yes the mother and child's father is raising the young daughter. Keep your mouth shut unless you know the facts, which appatently you don't. By the way moron, the step-grandpa is in prison for Murder...idiot

Last edited:
Many people honestly and sincerely get a gun for "home or car defense"., yet how many stories of even a bar scuffle where some menace to society leaves, goes to his car, and comes back blastin

That is the best "stat" I've read in a long time.

A gun kept in the home is several times more likely to be used against oneself, a family member or close friend, than any intruder.

Although these numbers ^^^^ blow my mind.

:rolleyes:

MORON YOU IDIOT...EVER HEARD OF TYPOS?

There was a doctor who wanted to "prove" that a firearm in the home was a bigger menace to the inhabitants of that home than it was a benefit. He carefully massaged his data and tailored his conditions until he got the results he wanted. For example:
  • Scaring an intruder off didn't count
  • Capturing an intruder and holding him for police didn't count
  • Wounding an intruder didn't count
and:
  • A woman defending herself from an abusive spouse counted as a killing in the home
  • Drug dealers counted as "close friends"
  • Somebody that lived in the neighborhood -- no matter their criminal history -- counted as an acquaintance
  • Acquaintances counted as "close friends"
The result? A bogus study that has been thoroughly debunked for decades.

--Al

So Mama lived with an abusive asshole, who she apparently supported financially for years, and only now was going to leave him? While she may be a lovely person, she has a history of at least one epically bad choice that left her child (albeit an adult one) dead, and therefore oughtn't be raising another child.

You don't have to keep repeating yourself, we get what you're saying the first time. It's that you're acting like a asshole, is what we're not caring for.

can'tgetthefactsright, you are a moron, that's m-o-r- o- n. If you're reduced to ad hominin attacks, at least try to be coherent. Lots of very smart people on this site, and while you amuse , you're making a fool of yourself.

Nobody believes a word you are misspelling. I don't care if she brings soup to invalids and volunteers at a soup kitchen; she stayed with a man who threatened her (I assume that's what the "he's all talk" means.) A coward who hides behing a shotgun. You actually said he "hid behind a shotgun", and you don't call that abuse? Girl, you are thicker than oatmeal.

May God help that child; what kind of moronic choice is she going to make in the near future? Move in an RSO because he's "cured" and is really a nice fellow?

you suffer from a common condition called rectocranial inversion. Go see a good proctologist and let him pull your head out of your ass.

So Mama lived with an abusive asshole, who she apparently supported financially for years, and only now was going to leave him? While she may be a lovely person, she has a history of at least one epically bad choice that left her child (albeit an adult one) dead, and therefore oughtn't be raising another child.
Again, you have no idea of the situation and the person this woman is. Bad things happen. Are you perfect?

Back