• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2vbapow.jpg

Perished: The Strack family of Springville, Utah were all found dead in September​
[...]
Utah couple and their three children found dead in their home last month appear to have been poisoned.

Benjamin and Kristi Strack, 37 and 36 and their children Benson, 14; Zion, 11; and 12-year-old Emery--from Springville were found dead by their older son and grandparent in September.
[...]
police aren't revealing who killed the family or whether one of the parents might have been involved, however, they did find Kristi Strack with red liquid coming out of her mouth.
[....]
relatives discovered their bodies in a locked room with cups next to each of them, and empty bottles of methadone and nighttime cold medicine in a trash can.

Toxicology results have not determined an exact cause of death, but search warrants obtained Wednesday showed that it was likely that the family had been poisoned.

Kristi Strack's mother, said she couldn't believe her daughter would do this to the kids but wouldn't elaborate
[...]
Benjamin and Kristi Strack were in bed, with children ages 11 through 14 lying around them, tucked in bedding up to their necks.
[...]
Kristi Strack had an unidentified red liquid coming out of her mouth.

Investigators found several empty methadone bottles, 10 empty boxes of nighttime cold medicine and two boxes of allergy medicine in their garbage, along with a red liquid substance in Pepsi cups.

They also found a pitcher of red juice, a purple bucket with yellow liquid, a bag of marijuana and other medications, including sleeping pills.
[....]
police Lieutenant Dave Caron said he couldn't comment on the search warrant or speculate about the cause of death until results of a toxicology test come back in November.
'Until I get those, I really don't have anything,
[....]
'I could come up with all sorts of theories, but it's not helpful.'
[...]
says it wasn't normal for the children to be in their parents' room because they had their own rooms.

Kristi Strack was last seen alive at 6 a.m. by the older son's girlfriend, who also lives in the home.

The girlfriend went back to sleep after talking with Kristi Strack, and the house was quiet when the older son and his girlfriend left the house that afternoon.
[....]
when they returned at 7 p.m. and saw the house was still quiet even though all the cars were in the driveway, they knocked on the master bedroom door.

When no one answered, the couple called Kristi Strack's mother and her friend, who helped them to force it open.

Police had previously said that they showed no signs of dying violently.
[....]
little is known about the family.

Benjamin Strack's former boss said he worked off-and-on for six to seven years at AK Masonry, a bricklaying company, and had borrowed money in the past.
Court records show Benjamin and Kristi Strack pleaded guilty to misdemeanor forgery charges in 2008 and disorderly conduct the following year.

Bob McGee, uncle to the Strack children including the surviving son Janson, 18, said: 'We are shocked and heartbroken by the sudden loss of so many members of our family'
[...]
'Events like this are difficult to understand, and even harder to come to terms with. And no words can adequately describe our feelings of grief and sorrow.'
[....]
Strack's community started a GoFundMe page to help surviving family with 'overwhelming' funeral costs.

The page devotes a few lines in remembrance of each family member, like father Benjamin. 'His heart was too big for this world and the love everyone felt when near him will not be forgotten,' it reads.
The mom Kristi, the writer says, was 'charismatic, kind and loyal.' Her only daughter, Emery, loved animals.

Fourteen-year-old Benson loved to draw dragons and practice karate. His younger brother Zion, the youngest, 'brought everyone he came across happiness and joy.'

Heart-wrenching photos emerged of the handsome family. And the Stracks are exactly how surviving family members remember them--always smiling.
[...]
autopsy results ruled out any sort of violent assault or foul play.

'The Medical Examiner has indicated that the next step is to continue the investigation through analysis of blood samples to determine what may have caused the deaths,'
[....]
'Preliminary autopsy results for the family of five who were found dead in their home have ruled out any sort of violent assault,'
[....]
Previously, a test of air in the house by firefighters did not find any carbon monoxide,but investigators have not ruled that out as the cause of death.
[...]
front door of the house was open and the back door was cracked open before firefighters arrived, Caron said, and the gas could have ventilated before the test.
[....]
family's pets were all fine.

Asked whether foul play has been ruled out, Caron said, 'I don't rule out anything ... We haven't ruled out anything except there was no violent trauma. We're going to look at everything.

'I do know when I was in there (house) I didn't see anything that would suggest a struggle ... I saw nothing like that
[...]
A Facebook tribute page has been set up to remember the family.

One user wrote: 'I feel a part of me has been lost. My brother Ben was my best friend.
We did everything together. He always made me happy when he was around. Emery, Benson and Zion it seems like yesterday I was helping them with home work and taking them camping. I remember Benson caught his first fish with us on the trip.'
[...]
user wrote: ' Ben is one of my best friends. He was always like a brother to me as we grew up. I will miss him so much.

'His kids had the biggest smiles every time I seen them.'
[...]
tribute page another user wrote: ' I sat in a couple parent teacher conferences with both Ben and Kristi.

They were always so thrilled to talk with me about Zion, they were truly proud parents.

'I had the privilege to have their sweet, smiling, energetic, big brown eyed Zion in my second grade classroom. The happiness and energy he brought to school with him every day was infectious.'

The duplex where the family lived is located on a road leading to a high school in the city of 30,000 located just south of Provo.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cold-medicine-trash-nearby.html#ixzz3Hbi20ppJ
65x4yc.jpg

Loss: The first first photos emerged of Benjamin and Kristi Strack, 37 and 36, (both pictured) who were found dead at their home in Springville, Utah with their sons Benson, 14, (top right) and Zion, 11, (left) and 12-year-old daughter Emery (bottom right)
95n31z.jpg

many more pics at link
sounds like murder / suicide to me​

Very strange, I think murder/suicide first
I wonder if they all has signs that they were carried/placed into position on the bed so maybe the mother knew what they were drinking. Unlikely but seems like there a lot of questions.

Very strange, I think murder/suicide first
I wonder if they all has signs that they were carried/placed into position on the bed so maybe the mother knew what they were drinking. Unlikely but seems like there a lot of questions.
could have been Rapture types that wanted to keep their family together I would bet on murder/suicide due to "religious" reasons

They look so happy, the children especially. What could have been so horrible that Mom felt like murder/suicide was the best option?! If that's what happened. I am by no means perfect, nor do I think I'm better than this woman, but I have went through some extremely difficult times. There were moments that I thought my children would have a better life without me, but thoughts were only just that. If, like most, she took this drastic step because of hardship, and not wanting the quality of the children's life to change, my question is this- how is no life at all better than surviving a rough patch that will eventually pass?

w
could have been Rapture types that wanted to keep their family together I would bet on murder/suicide due to "religious" reasons
ell, thankfully the 18yo and his girlfriend [probaly because they were too old and big to get fanagelled into it] were not drugged and put in the middle of this suicide pact but it is horrible he will have to live with this for the rest of his life

Well that gives a whole new twist on "DON'T DRINK THE KOOL AID". Sounds like murder/suicide. They looked like a image of the most beautiful and happiest family in the world. Those kids were so precious! How sad.......:(

The only thing that come to my mind is that this was some crazy cult religious crap. Poor kids.....

The son and girlfriend had something to do with it.i mean why do you call grandma and her friend to help you break in a door?as an 18 yr old Male and Im sure the girlfriend is around the same age they could have done it alone.given the situation he could have been worried and scared enough to bust it in but someone else had to be there when they "discovered the bodies" just sayin I live in Utah and there was nothing about a rapture on the news.Besides most religions around here believe that suicide is a sin.If they needed anything all they had to do is ask the church. Off subject but Im not a member of the LDS my sister is and sometimes she gets food from them and sends some my way,and Ill tell you what the instant mashpotatoes they make are to die for! im usually not a fan of instant potatoes but they are sooo fraekin good!

The son and girlfriend had something to do with it.i mean why do you call grandma and her friend to help you break in a door?as an 18 yr old Male and Im sure the girlfriend is around the same age they could have done it alone.given the situation he could have been worried and scared enough to bust it in but someone else had to be there when they "discovered the bodies" just sayin I live in Utah and there was nothing about a rapture on the news.Besides most religions around here believe that suicide is a sin.If they needed anything all they had to do is ask the church. Off subject but Im not a member of the LDS my sister is and sometimes she gets food from them and sends some my way,and Ill tell you what the instant mashpotatoes they make are to die for! im usually not a fan of instant potatoes but they are sooo fraekin good!
Oh man Sorry the potatoes are not worth dying for literally they are just good

Strack relatives suspected poison killed Utah family
Relatives of the five Utah family members found dead in a locked room last month said they knew the deaths were not accidental. Family members are shocked at the deaths of Benjamin Strack, Kristi Strack and their three children, who were all found next to cups of red liquid.
Relatives of five Utah family members found dead in a locked bedroom last month suspected the deaths weren't accidental, and revelations that poison likely killed them confirmed their suspicions, according to a statement released
[...]
Jacob Strack said his family is struggling after learning from search warrants Wednesday that police found cups with a red liquid inside next to each of the bodies, some of which appeared to have been positioned after death. Empty packages of methadone and cold medicine were in the family's trash.

Benjamin and Kristi Strack were found
[...]
in a bed with three of their children, ages 11 to 14, lying around them tucked into bedding up to their necks. Kristi Strack had a red liquid coming out of her mouth.

The family was shocked and upset by the information, but it unfortunately confirmed their fears, according to a statement
[...]
who is Benjamin Strack's brother and is acting as a family spokesman.
[...]
saying the relatives are working with the National Alliance on Mental Illness to release more information later.

The bodies were found by the couple's older son and Kristi Strack's mother, who said she couldn't believe "she" would do this to the kids but wouldn't elaborate
[...]
Court records show the couple had a history of legal and financial problems, and had gone through court-ordered drug treatment several years ago. The methadone found in the home had been dispensed by a drug treatment clinic, the search warrants said. Methadone is a prescription drug used for decades to treat drug addiction, but is increasingly prescribed for pain, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
But the Stracks' troubles had appeared to be behind them, said Alex Short, owner at AK Masonry, a bricklaying company where Benjamin Strack worked.

"When he came over, he was kind of at the tail end of all those problems,"
[...]
who employed Benjamin Strack for about seven years on and off. He was at times a solid employee, but would occasionally stop showing up for work for periods of time, explaining his absences by saying he was doing things for his wife, Short said
[...]
He hadn't been at work for more than a week when he died.

Police in Springville are awaiting toxicology results next month that could pinpoint an exact cause of death, and speculating before then would be unprofessional, said Lt. David Caron
[...]
Investigators found empty methadone bottles, 10 empty boxes of nighttime cold medicine and two boxes of allergy medicine in the family's garbage, along with a red liquid substance in Pepsi cups. They also found a pitcher of red juice, a purple bucket with yellow liquid, a bag of marijuana and other medications, including sleeping pills.

Methadone can be lethal when taken in excess. Thousands of people die each year from methadone overdoses
[...]
The couple also has an older son, whose girlfriend also lived with the family. She was the last to see Kristi Strack alive at 6 a.m. The girlfriend went back to sleep after talking with her, and the house was quiet when the couple left that afternoon.
[....]
the older son and his girlfriend returned at 7 p.m. and found it still quiet even though all the cars were in the driveway, they knocked on the master bedroom door. After no one answered, the couple called Kristi Strack's mother and her friend, who helped them force it open.

The five were identified as Benjamin Strack, 37, his wife, Kristi, 36, and three of their children: Benson, 14, Emery, 12, and Zion, 11.

Springville is a city of about 30,000 near Provo, about 45 miles south of Salt Lake City.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/strack-relatives-suspected-poison-article-1.1993656

2vbapow.jpg

Perished: The Strack family of Springville, Utah were all found dead in September​
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cold-medicine-trash-nearby.html#ixzz3Hbi20ppJ
65x4yc.jpg

Loss: The first first photos emerged of Benjamin and Kristi Strack, 37 and 36, (both pictured) who were found dead at their home in Springville, Utah with their sons Benson, 14, (top right) and Zion, 11, (left) and 12-year-old daughter Emery (bottom right)
95n31z.jpg

many more pics at link
sounds like murder / suicide to me​

I'm going with murder/suicide ..
The family was probably having $$$ issues and figured the oldest kid would be fine without them but, figured it was better to kill the young ones than leave them alone ..

Who the fuck knows ..

It's a very sad/tragic story ..

I suspect that there were new legal troubles ahead for the family. The parents may have seen the handwriting on the wall, and decided to bug out from this mortal coil & take the kids with them.

Did Utah family of five who died at home in case that baffled cops commit suicide? Relatives say they've found letter written by one of the children which suggested he was aware of parents' plot
  • Relatives 'found letter by Benson, 14, saying he feared he'd be found dead'
  • Isaac, Benjamin Strack's brother, said the couple had become 'irrational'
  • Police report showed that the family appeared to have been poisoned but authorities would not reveal who killed the family or if it was the parents
  • Benjamin and Kristi Strack, 37 and 36, were found dead in Springville home along with sons Benson, 14, and Zion, 11, and daughter Emery, 12
  • They were found under the covers in bed in the parents' locked bedroom and each had a cup beside them
  • Empty bottles of methadone and nighttime cold medicine were found in a trash can and the mother had red liquid coming out of her mouth
  • The couple's oldest son, 18, and his girlfriend found their bodies
  • Toxicology results have not determined an exact cause of death
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ggested-aware-parents-plot.html#ixzz3HsPvZipE

No, no. He didn't "fear he'd be found dead," before the crazy set in. Nope. No letter stating he knew anything in advance. Because that thought combined with the fact he is dead is making my eyes bug in disbelief and my stomach lurch. [Engage defense mechanism #12: Denial.]

What a horrible fear for a 14 yr old to suffer through. The fear he was going to be found dead...and by his parents hand. He knew what was going to happen. I wish he had told someone...or handed off the words he wrote to a teacher at school. Two parents with mental health issues it appears. RIP Strack family. How unfair to take your children with you. Did you even for a second think about how your actions would affect the one you let live??!! I can't imagine being in his shoes and coming upon that scene.

Murder/suicide is what i THINK AS WELL.

Also, I don't think the 18 year old and his girlfriend had anything to do with it. Someone mentioned why did he call his grandmother instead of breaking down the door himself? Why not? He's 18! Yes, legally he's an adult but he still has A LOT of growing up to do, most of us can look back at ourselves at 18 and realize we were idiots. Shit got real, he got scared and he called an adult although he is one he wasn't that much of one. He did exactly what we teach our children and that's when he needed help he called a trusted adult, I don't think that should put suspicion on him.

Am I the only one who looks at those photographs and judge them to be several years old? No way are the children in those photographs 11 to 14. More like 8 to 11, if I had to hazard a guess.

Am I the only one who looks at those photographs and judge them to be several years old? No way are the children in those photographs 11 to 14. More like 8 to 11, if I had to hazard a guess.

I noticed this too; there doesn't seem to be any recent pics. The ones they have shown the most put those kids between 3-7 in my opinion. I find that really unsettling for some reason.

and had gone through court-ordered drug treatment several years ago. The methadone found in the home had been dispensed by a drug treatment clinic, the search warrants said.
So, is this indicitive of a relapse and attempting to get clean again OR did they never stop in the first place?

Methadone is being used less and less for opiate withdraw in favor of Suboxone. Methadone is mind-alerting and just as addicting as the opiates. I used to take methadone by the handful to get "up" from all the downers all evening and night long. It's very possible that the "ordered" drug treatment years ago simply traded one addiction for another. Suboxone isn't physically addicting like methadone but it is psychologically, but when talking about addicts they can end up addicted to most anything, it's the nature of the beast.

"There seemed to be a concern about a pending apocalypse that the parents bought into," Finlayson said. "While some friends though that suicide might have been, or could have been, included in their plans, others believed they were going to move somewhere and live off the grid."

During their investigation, police found years-old letters between Kristi Strack and Dan Lafferty, who is serving a life sentence for a double murder he comment with his brother Ron.

"Under the Banner of Heaven" is about members of an offshoot of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, told through the true story of the Laffertys' crimes. The two killed their brother's wife and 15-month old daughter.

Ron Lafferty was condemned to death for the July 1984 slayings of his sister-in-law, Brenda Lafferty, and her baby daughter in American Fork. He claimed to have had a religious revelation sanctioning the slayings because of the victim's resistance to his beliefs in polygamy.
http://news.yahoo.com/utah-family-found-dead-last-fall-died-drug-212529331.html

Police said Benson wrote a goodbye letter, leaving some of his belongings to his best friend.

Fuck fuck fuck that is horrible. Damn these idiots, why don't ghey ever wait with this shit until their imagined Apocalypse actually starts?

offshoot of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Not surprised in these slightest these two were nutbag mormon fuckjobs. Utah/Idaho are home to some of the creepiest people on the fucking planet, yet they all live as if in a perfectly normal society, just like the rest of decent Americans. Sick crazy ass fucks.

In a Thursday interview with The Associated Press from behind Plexiglas at the Utah State Prison, Lafferty said his hell-on-earth philosophy that says the world is controlled by the devil likely influenced their suicides. Investigators cited the couple's belief in apocalyptic ideology as a reason why they carried out the killings.

"My 'insanity' messes with people's lives," Lafferty said. "It's just the way it is."

The couple started visiting almost weekly, Lafferty said, and spent hours on other days talking on the phone. Lafferty says he fell in love with her. Some of those conversations were sexual, and Kristi once shared a photo of herself in her pajamas, he said.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/30/utah-killer-says-ideas-inspired-family-suicide/

Kinda reminds me of the movie Fallen . http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119099/

Survival stores in Utah... A genius business venture. Also people in Utah are called Utahns?? :hilarious:

Back