• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Well it seems that all of his charges have been dropped now. The media is starting to post their retractions. It also seems that the death certifiicate is being updated to say that the child died of natural causes.

Well it seems that all of his charges have been dropped now. The media is starting to post their retractions. It also seems that the death certifiicate is being updated to say that the child died of natural causes.

I haven't seen one article where it said that his charges were dropped, and I have certainly never seen any retractions from the media. You have a link handy, or are you just talking out of your ass?

Well it seems that all of his charges have been dropped now. The media is starting to post their retractions. It also seems that the death certificate is being updated to say that the child died of natural causes.

I haven't been able to find anything on this either. A link would be helpful.

I did manage to find some adoption information for the man in question. You would think if he was adopted himself, then he would have more sympathy towards a foster child :(

http://registry.adoption.com/records/541082.html

Actually I was one of the two Henry County officers in the courtroom during the juvenile hearing. The following is where the cruelty charge was dismissed. The website address is https://hcwebb.boca.co.henry.ga.us/...imgexst=False&SearchType=Party&PreNumb=796295

There was actually a no bill passed.

SUNB2011000015

Party STATE OF GEORGIA
Scanned
Offense
Count
Proceeding Code NB NO BILL
Proceeding Date 1/13/2011
Comments
Date: 1/13/2011
Type Code
Code
Minute Book
Minute Page
MicroFilm Roll
Frame
Other Storage Location

Actually I was one of the two Henry County officers in the courtroom during the juvenile hearing. The following is where the cruelty charge was dismissed. The website address is https://hcwebb.boca.co.henry.ga.us/S...PreNumb=796295

I find that interesting since it seems to me that you can't read a court document because as far as I could see, it looks again, like the felony child abuse charges are going to be sticking
https://hcwebb.boca.co.henry.ga.us/...imgexst=False&SearchType=Party&PreNumb=796295

See where it is written NB No Bill. No Bill is a term that the foreman of the Grand Jury writes across the face of a bill of indictment (a document drawn up by a prosecutor that states formal criminal charges against a designated individual) to indicate that the criminal charges alleged therein against a suspect have not been sufficiently supported by the evidence presented before it to warrant his or her criminal prosecution. If you want the link for this......http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/No+bill

None of this is factual. Was not the caseworker who said not to place them with the Dunn's, was the CASA who was the only person doing her job, Barrow County dfcs is to blame for this childs death. Charges were dropped because Dfcs had to cover their ass. There was not a full investigation done on this case. The child did not die from seizures, cause of death was not blunt force trauma to the head, the baby died from abuse in the Dunn home.

None of this is factual. Was not the caseworker who said not to place them with the Dunn's, was the CASA who was the only person doing her job, Barrow County dfcs is to blame for this childs death. Charges were dropped because Dfcs had to cover their ass. There was not a full investigation done on this case. The child did not die from seizures, cause of death was not blunt force trauma to the head, the baby died from abuse in the Dunn home.
Do you know the family?

Apparently this guy killed himself in Canadian border services custody So we wont know the truth about what happened to that precious child.

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/...s-another-inmate-dies-in-immigration-custody/

A Georgia man charged with child cruelty in connection with the death of his one-year-old foster son—and who recently fled to Ontario and filed a refugee claim—died on the weekend while in custody of the Canada Border Services Agency, Maclean’s has learned.

Niagara Regional Police issued a short press release Sunday afternoon, announcing that Ontario’s chief coroner is investigating the case of an inmate who sustained a “serious injury” Sept. 22 and died in hospital five days later. The release did not identify the man, jailed at the provincial Niagara Detention Centre in Thorold, except to say he was a “detainee of the Canada Border Services Agency” (CBSA).

But sources confirm the inmate—who was rushed to hospital after attempting suicide—was Joseph Charles Todd Dunn, a 43-year-old from the Atlanta region who was arrested in November 2010 and accused of “excessively shaking” one of his foster children, 20-month-old Russell Chapman. The arrest warrant alleged that Dunn acted “maliciously,” rocking the boy so violently he caused a “brain shift, brain swelling, and hemorrhaging in the victim’s eye sockets.” (“All I can say is that he died of injuries caused by traumatic abuse,” a spokeswoman for the Henry County police department said at the time.)

Although Dunn was originally charged with both felony murder and first-degree cruelty to a child, the murder count was later dropped. Whether his case continued to be prosecuted is not clear; documents filed with the Henry County courthouse suggest Dunn was still facing a charge, but the police department is closed on weekends and investigators could not be reached for comment. (Court records also reveal Dunn and his wife filed for bankruptcy a year after his arrest, claiming debts of more than US$142,000.)

Much more at the link

“brain shift, brain swelling, and hemorrhaging in the victim’s eye sockets.”
Damn, what medical condition causes injuries like that? Seriously, I know children and adults can suffer injuries during a seizure but those injuries seem awful extreme to have been caused by a seizure.

A Georgia man charged with child cruelty in connection with the death of his one-year-old foster son—and who recently fled to Ontario and filed a refugee claim
What?!!! I hope he said he needed refuge from prosecution for child-battery and/or murder. Yeah, who the hell would grant that?

From: http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/...s-another-inmate-dies-in-immigration-custody/
CBSA detained him on the grounds he was inadmissible to Canada for reasons of “serious criminality,” an allegation that must be argued in front of the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB). Last Monday, Sept. 22, Dunn appeared in front of the IRB for a detention review, where he was ordered to remain behind bars because he posed a flight risk.
No kidding. <sarcasm>

When he returned to the prison after the hearing, one source said, Dunn used a bed sheet to hang himself from a shower.
Must have been disappointed to discover that Canada didn't want to grant asylum to an accused baby killer.

News of his death comes as the border agency faces increasing criticism over its handling of immigrant detainees who are locked up pending deportation.
Well, I think they did a great job in this guy's case. No complaints from me.

a refugee claim
Political Asylum?

Work with me here: The District Attorney is an elected official with (obviously) political afflitiations, he was facing trial by the office of said politician who he believed was persecuted him hence the need to flee for political reason.

What do you think, am I ready to be a defense attorney yet?

it was not natual causes for one,,,,that kid was killed out of aggervation,,cases show things happend to that child more than once...so stop questioning it...the thing id like to know is why isnt the foster parent ruth ann wasnt charged with anything,,she had to have know somthing,,i mean the guy was trying to get the hell out of dodge..why? my only guess would be,,cause he knew he was caught...guess that money he was raised around couldnt bail him out of this,,,his foster parents were loaded. and about the other daughter he raised,,,krista lynn rose/dunn,,everyone says he raised one child up and did good? bull crap,,im the real father of krista and from what krista her self has stated to me with her newley wed husband ..is that todd never abused her in a physl way but was def abused mentaly...she and todd never got along..the storie just keeps adding up,,all i have to say is this,,,the coward todd dunn got off easy, here on earth..but as we all know,,u cant be forgiven for taking your own life..so he will be paying forever ..but for that kid to have to go through what he did is just sick,,,he never would have made it anyways behind bars,,todd was a coward. and his wife knows more than we all think..sumthing to ponder on

If the child died from blunt force trauma it wasn't a medical condition that killed him. If he did, indeed, suffer from seizures, then I could see him, perhaps, falling down some steps and possibly suffering said trauma. But I believe the cause of death would still be blunt force trauma, and the secondary or associated cause of death would be the medical condition. So to say the death certificate was changed to natural causes doesn't make sense if trauma was involved. Or perhaps trauma wasn't involved, and it was shoddy reporting. I don't know who to believe, but when icon-less new members start coming on here to tell us the 'facts' because they have 'inside knowledge,' I take it with a grain of salt until we have proof otherwise. Actually, I prefer to take it with a shot of Chivas Regal, but I don't like drinking alone.

If the child died from blunt force trauma it wasn't a medical condition that killed him. If he did, indeed, suffer from seizures, then I could see him, perhaps, falling down some steps and possibly suffering said trauma. But I believe the cause of death would still be blunt force trauma, and the secondary or associated cause of death would be the medical condition. So to say the death certificate was changed to natural causes doesn't make sense if trauma was involved. Or perhaps trauma wasn't involved, and it was shoddy reporting. I don't know who to believe, but when icon-less new members start coming on here to tell us the 'facts' because they have 'inside knowledge,' I take it with a grain of salt until we have proof otherwise. Actually, I prefer to take it with a shot of Chivas Regal, but I don't like drinking alone.
i completly understand ur point...but i know the oldest daughter and the mother personaly, not the greatest people that you would brag to say their your friends,,just like anyone else,,im throwing my 2 cent into this convo ,,,as ur useless remark was posted...my main concern was why the foster mother was never spoke of...if only wall could talk......

From @ajack's link:
Henry County man wanted in toddler’s shaking death kills self
2:34 p.m. Friday, Oct. 10, 2014 | Filed in: Local News
A Henry County man wanted on charges of shaking a toddler to death has committed suicide in a Canadian jail, a news magazine has reported.

Maclean’s, a weekly news magazine in Canada, reported an inquest has begun into the death of Joseph Charles Todd Dunn. Dunn was being held by Canadian border officials after being indicted in Henry County last month, Maclean’s reported

Dunn, 43, was actually arrested by Henry County police in November 2010 on charges of killing his 20-month-old foster child, Russell Chapman. But then a grand jury declined to indict him until it was presented to a new one this September, said Lt. Joey Smith of Henry police.

After the indictment, Henry police started searching for Dunn and learned he was attempting to flee into Canada from New York, Smith said. Canadian border authorities detained Dunn, Smith said.

--Al

Back