• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

sugarfree irony

Trusted Member
A MEAN son tried to break into his own mother's home while in the grip of a drug addiction, a court heard.

He was foiled only when an alert neighbour heard noises from the mother's home and spotted him with a crowbar, the court was told.

Ashley Taylor, 32, who had been living in a Grimsby hostel, admitted attempted burglary on August 29.

Craig Lowe, prosecuting, told Grimsby Crown Court that Taylor's mother saw her son "out of his head" shortly before the day of the offence. He was clearly under the influence of drugs and was vacant looking.

Neighbour Patricia Hooton was in her bathroom when she heard noises from Taylor's mother's home in Craithie Road, Cleethorpes. She looked out and saw Taylor with a crowbar trying to force open a window.

She shouted at him and asked him: "What do you think you are doing?"

Taylor told her: "I have come to see my mum. She's not in so I'll come back later."
Taylor had a previous conviction for attempted burglary against his mother in November 2002 and convictions for burglary in November 2004 and October 2009, when he was jailed for eight months.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/S...ried-rob-mum/story-25923162-detail/story.html

I guess she's more forgiving than I am. My children know I shoot and then ask questions later and know a stunt like this would get them an early trip to the morgue. Third times charm, maybe the third time he'll get shot himself!

Latest posts

Back