• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
"A sick NYU student set fire to a fellow classmate who fell asleep in his dorm — singing as he recorded her awakening to flames consuming the mattress, authorities said Tuesday.

Jaime Castano, 20, was busted Monday for the creepy attack on the 19-year-old.... Castano was arraigned on first-degree assault charges...

Castano admitted to cops that he took a cell phone video showing the victim “asleep in his bed with flames on her clothing while [HE] sang, then showed her waking up and trying to put out the flames while he recorded it,” according to court papers.

http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/n...et-fire-classmate-officials-article-1.2085987

Come on baby light my fire.
Was that what he was actually singing, or are you being witty? :)

That does remind me somewhat of one aspect of the terrible murder of Suzanne Capper in the UK in the 90s. Having instigated and led the brutal week long torture of the victim, followed by her burning alive - mostly cos she enjoyed doing it - the main perpetrator, Bernadette McNeilly, thought it highly amusing to sing the 70s disco hit, Disco Inferno, which included the frequently repeated words "Burn, baby, burn."

Some of the sickest scum do sometimes exhibit a highly warped and innapropriate sense of humour about their evil doings.

I don't think he was 'sick' at all, he's just an asshole. Guess they can't print that in mainstream media. Which is why I come to DreaminDemon for my news :happy:

BTW, the school administrators are assholes, too, for not reporting the incident sooner.

This world is indeed full of assholes who do dumb shit, and other assholes who don't do their jobs properly.

It was ever thus and always will be.

It just seems that the human race has evolved in such a way that an asshole gene is innate within all of us. But when this is also accompanied by a dumb fuck gene, the asshole gene appears to become dominant.

Those with such an unfortunate genetic inheritance can - in worst case scenarios - actually take on the appearance of being assholes with dentures.

Yeah I do believe we have a indigestion commercial with this as a theme song.

Yeah I do believe we have a indigestion commercial with this as a theme song.

Yeah, I think I vaguely remember that over here in the UK....but it got taken off air due to relatives of the then recently deceased Johnny Cash kicking up fuck about it, if I recall correctly.

So...freaked out about my kid staying in a dorm now. :(

Most people make friends for life at their dorms. And learn how to rub along with all sorts of people. This is why things like this get so much press: It is anything but typical.

Your kid will be fine!

Most people make friends for life at their dorms. And learn how to rub along with all sorts of people. This is why things like this get so much press: It is anything but typical.
Your kid will be fine!

You're right. But I'm a neurotic, worry-wart.

I don't think he was 'sick' at all, he's just an asshole. Guess they can't print that in mainstream media. Which is why I come to DreaminDemon for my news :happy:

BTW, the school administrators are assholes, too, for not reporting the incident sooner.

I agree...Lots of resource money is wasted on diagnosing Assholes...which is apparently a disorder now.

I'd need more details before condemning him. There's a LOT of dipshit young people who do shit like this as a prank. Somebody falls asleep, you take your lighter and light a shoelace on fire or your light their sweatshirt, laugh when they finally smell something or notice it some other way and freak out. This may be absurdly irresponsible, outrageously stupid college fucktard shenanigans, rather then some creepo nutter attack.

I thinjk the most important thing however is for authorities to release the song he was singing.

Jaime Castano's Lawyer: Prosecution Can't Prove Woman Didn't Want To Be Set On Fire

The lawyer for the New York University student accused of setting his sleeping female classmate on fire is arguing there is no proof the victim was not voluntarily participating in the act.

Her client, 20-year-old Jaime Castano, allegedly filmed himself setting fire to the bed in his dorm room where his classmate was sleeping in August. In the video, he can be heard singing while the victim wakes up
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...woman-wanted-to-be-set-on-fire_n_6541748.html

arguing there is no proof the victim was not voluntarily participating in the act.
Wait, what? It's still a crime. If my husband tells me to punch him in the face and I do I've still committed assault and domestic violence, even IF she wanted it (which I don't believe) it's still a crime to do it. Kind of like assisted suicide, same train of thought.

Back