• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Zahra Baker was the first case of its kind in our little town. The entire community seemed to hold it's breath, hoping she would be found alive. It didn't take long for the truth to come out, and the community mourned the beautiful little Aussie girl that became ours.
http://www.dreamindemon.com/communi...issing-zahra-clare-baker-as-a-homicide.40642/

Zahra has a gorgeous park that was built & named in her honor. The picture of the park was taken right after it opened, they've since added a treehouse, and the baseball field, tennis courts and other areas aren't pictured. Everything in the park is handicap accessible, of course.
6898662_f520.jpg

2013-12-23-Mara-1.jpg

Ok so you were right.. Gates-Chili... :p
Greece had the little assholes on the school bus that tormented the bus driver and got kicked off and the whole uppity town was having a shit fit because the little, innocent snowflakes would be forced to find another way to school.

When I was up there Monroe had the Chili contract so I remember the signs and everything they put up every year at the anniversary of her disappearance.

Monroe County has so much fucktardery it's hard to keep it all straight, lol!

Greece had the little assholes on the school bus that tormented the bus driver and got kicked off and the whole uppity town was having a shit fit because the little, innocent snowflakes would be forced to find another way to school.

When I was up there Monroe had the Chili contract so I remember the signs and everything they put up every year at the anniversary of her disappearance.

Monroe County has so much fucktardery it's hard to keep it all straight, lol!
Sure does! We were voted most hyped town by Pepsi for the Superbowl this year. They had a concert downtown and it will be featured during halftime on Sunday.

The best part? The crowd boo'ed our mayor while she was making her speech. Everyone hates her because she spoke at one of our officers funerals after he was murdered by a convicted felon saying she is pro-police and the violence towards officers needs to stop, and then 2 months later says she is sickened by the decision in Ferguson and that police brutality needs to stop and said she wanted our city of Rochester to do a march downtown to protest it... like seriously?

So yes, Monroe County is full of "fucktardery"

Not in my town , but down the road a piece is Noble Georgia home of the infamous Tri-State crematory . Cremation isn't offered at a lot of funeral places here so this guy was getting bodies from Tennessee , Georgia , and Alabama ... and just stacking them in the woods not cremating them .
The bodies were found in every stage of decomposition, some having been there at least five years, officials said.

Some bodies were still in hospital gowns with identification bracelets on their wrists. Others were in their best suit or dress, the way their families had last seen them.

One man's body lay halfway inside the crematory oven.

"It was like something out of a Stephen King novel," said Walker County Sheriff's Detective Walter Hensley, who was one of the first on the scene. "Every building you opened had bodies."

Outside the buildings, a body lay inside a casket in the back of a broken-down hearse. A tall man lay decomposing in a wooden crate -- still wearing his jacket and tie. At his feet lay the skeleton of a baby.

Everywhere investigators turned, someone's friend or relative was cast aside.
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/news/story/2012/feb/12/horror-in-noble/70497/

If you enjoy mysteries , and forensics Jefferson Bass wrote about in The Devil's Bones . http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/b/jefferson-bass/devil-s-bones.htm

This story still comes up if you discuss cremation around here . I want to donate to the body farm myself .

In my city... James Holmes.

The douchebag who shot up the theater. He has destroyed many lives, shattered many hearts and filled a community with heartbreak. And now as jury selection is underway, I hope the jurors find it in their hearts to execute this piece of shit.

For those of us who were there, his death should be painful, agonizing, and terrifying. And it still wont amount to justice...

The Zahra Baker case really tore me apart. I could attempt to convey my feelings by stringing a bunch of sentences together with an occasional Fuck, but it just wouldn't do the job. I wish that stepmother of hers would die in prison already. That bitch was the Mother Cunt of all Cunts.

Pam Kinamore victim of Baton Rouge serial killer
Pam was a friend of mine; she was killed by Derek Todd Lee in 1992. Pam was beloved by everyone who knew her. She owned a little shop called "Comfort and Joy" in the antique district in Denham Springs. She was very, very pretty; just like the other victims, she had dark hair and brown eyes. Her body was found 4 days after her disappearance in Whiskey Bay, discarded like garbage. She had been choked, brutally bludgeoned and raped. I haven't been back to the antique district since.

Also, way back when, we lived 4 houses down from Sean Gillis; the OTHER Baton Rouge serial killer. He seemed like an ordinary guy, very shy and quiet. When the news broke I like to had a heart attack.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we are talking closest personal connection to a criminal, mine is pretty tenuous, but here goes:

My colleague used to live in a house that she rented from Fred & Rosemary West. When the police arrested Fred, my colleague had moved out, but she learnt that the house was one of several investigated carefully for clandestine burials. (There were none.)

A friend I went to High School with was shot with 3 other people (1 a baby) in the back on the head execution style over a small bag of coke across the street from where I used to live.
In Gary IN, there are still lots of murders- we used to hear gun shots daily all day all night. Crackheads kids ran around at 3am with dirty diapers in a friggin gang.
Some guys tried to rob me and beat the shit out of me before shooting into my house and running out with nothing.

Glad I am not there anymore :D

http://murderpedia.org/male.B/b/berdella-robert.htm

http://murderpedia.org/male.S/s/sappington-marc.htm

http://murderpedia.org/male.G/g/grissom-richard.htm

Because K.C., KS and K.C., MO are considered one, large, five county metropolis right on the state line, these boneheads all lived in my area less than 30 min. from where I am now. Berdella was only a couple of blocks away at the time when I lived in KCMO, Sappington was 15 min. straight east down one of our main drags, and Grissom was 25-30 min. straight south down another main drag through Overland Park/Lenexa, or 10 min. via hwy.

I grew up with divorced parents so my "town" actually consists of 2 (in different provinces) rather than 1.

From my town in Alberta:

Probably the most notable would be the Richardson/Steinke case. I was grown enough by then to be living on my own and had moved back to BC by the time it happened but it happened just down the street from our house. I got a phone call from my sister about it before I saw it on the news. While I didn't know the Richardson's, I knew of Steinke. Not as friend or an acquaintance. He ran in a bad crowd and most kids knew of that group, even if you went to different schools. It really wasn't a surprise to hear he was involved in something like this. He's now changed his name to Jackson May.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richardson_family_murders

And from my town in BC:

Most notable would be the Highway of Tears murders/disappearances. A lot of the girls were taken before my time but I was living there when victim #16 Nicole Hoar went missing. She went missing while hitchhiking from Prince George to see her sister in Smithers. There's an enormous amount of back roads and logging roads that jut off the highway. A million places for her body to have been stashed. They aren't sure where she was taken, only that she was last seen in Prince George. Prince George is about 300kms from Smithers, but its the largest city in the area, lots of people make that trip at least once a week, it's a fairly busy chunk of highway.

Because the disappearances happened mostly to Native women not a lot of media attention was given to what was happening. Only now are they delving into the fuck ups the police investigations brought about. There are many rumors about who might be doing it, from truckers to RCMP. At one point they figured they knew who it was but he died and yet the crimes have continued. There have been quite a few movies and tv shows done about the highway of tears and if you google you can find some of the other theories on the case. One thing I do know is that most people from that area do not feel the police have thoroughly investigated and that they are not being honest with the public. There have been a few high profile PI's that have tried to dig through it and bring up new information, but that information always seems to be squashed or downplayed by the police.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highway_of_Tears_murders

ETA: This is what is plastered along the highway. Nothing instills fear quite like a constant reminder there's a killer(s) on the loose.

1280px-Highway_of_Tears.jpg

Last edited:
Ayla Bell Reynolds missing from Waterville, ME. Presumed dead according to police. Sweet Ayla. I had just gotten over the Caylee Anthony injustice when my mom called and asked me if I had heard about the missing baby from Waterville. I told her that I had, but I just couldn't get involved again in a missing presumed dead baby case. I was wrong. I think about her often and hope and pray she is in a better place.

Ha! They just did this guy's story (J.R. "John" Robinson) on ID's "Vanity Fair Confidential" right now. I can't believe I spaced off this creepy f**cker in addition to the previous three serial killers I already listed, but they're showing clips of parts of the neighborhood next to mine (our 'burbs are next to each other) re: his older crimes.

I never got to work with him personally, but they actually showed a couple of clips with one of our old prison docs, Dr. Bill Bonner. He said the scum bag was trying to con him, too, including sleeping with his wife who was the prison librarian OMG! :jawdrop: Considering she was one of the bodies they found decaying in the chemical drums out on his country property, that kinda tells THAT story. Yikes. I didn't know they were knockin' boots. Ewwww!

This is the first showing of his story this in-depth (there have been others), and I knew he went from a regular skeeve killer to an Internet BDSM serial killer on Death Row, but I never knew the whole backstory on him. Pretty juicy stuff!

This V.F.C. episode, "Alter Ego" reruns tonight on ID at 12am midnight CST if you guys want to watch a very interesting case. In one of the sets of 'burb pics they show of one of his larger homes (not his southern property where his victims were found in the barrels - he admitted to killing a total of nine, 5 in KCMO) is the same main, two lane divided highway I use to drive to work. I didn't even know they were filming here. They usually run national filmakers, documentaries, etc. on the news or do a story about it in the paper. Hell, maybe they did and I just missed it, idk. *shrug*

http://murderpedia.org/male.R/r/robinson-john-edward.htm

Last edited:
Quakers hill nursing home arson

Dean, a former nurse, was sentenced to life in prison after starting a fire that killed 14 people at the Quakers Hill Nursing Home in Sydney's north-west in 2011.

An inquest has heard he was an unsupervised registered nurse in charge of a night shift when he deliberately started the fire.

Coroner Hugh Dillon is looking at how Dean had access to drugs, such as the strong painkiller Endone, and claims Dean's work references were not checked before he was employed by the Domain Principal Group, which ran the home.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-...-arsonist-stalked-worker-inquest-told/5779654

http://www.hellbeasts.com/?p=4356

This guy made me sick for two reasons

1) you don't light fires and kill people to hide your drug addiction obviously
And
2) you don't hang around after giving interviews and having your photo taken acting like a fuckin hero when what you truly are is an oversized piece of shit !

http://www.texasmonthly.com/content/killer-cadets

At the time this happened I lived in a tiny backwater between Mansfield and Midlothian, Texas. The field where the left their victim was just a couple of miles, if that, from my house. I used to walk all of those country roads and was very familiar with the location. Our 911 services were out of Mansfield, but mail and schools were Midlothian.

I am pretty sure the most famous is Gary Heidnik,

http://murderpedia.org/male.H/h1/heidnik-gary.htm

Beginning in November 1986, Heidnik abducted six women and held them in the basement of his house in Philadelphia that he shared with his longtime friend David Stec.

The captives were sexually abused, beaten, and tortured in front of each other. One of the women died of a combination of starvation, excess torture, and an untreated fever. Heidnik dismembered her body, ground it in a food processor and mixed it with dog food, which he then fed to the surviving victims.

He had a problem dealing with the arms and legs, so he put them in a freezer and marked them "dog food". He cooked her ribs in an oven and boiled her head in a pot on the stove.

He used electric shock as a form of torture; one victim was electrocuted when she was bound in chains, thrown into a hole that had been dug in the floor (usually reserved as a form of isolation punishment)....

But the sickest, most awful story I know of from the area is this:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/25970609/.../reports-details-philly-teens-horrific-death/

Well considering I'm from Leavenworth, that town has seen a large amount of notorious criminals reside in the Federal, Military and State penitentiaries that can be found there. However worst crimes committed there I'll have to go with the murder of Olivia Jackson since I personally knew her family. She was shot to death by a dead beat ex boyfriend bc he didn't want her to have the baby. But weeks before he stormed the house and shot her he and another brain child named Jarred Lee attempted to bomb the home she was in with a pipe bomb. But the attempt was botched and unsuccessful. The worst part is after this scum attempted to bomb an occupied home and then shot and killed a 7 month pregnant girl he was only sentenced to 24 years in prison.
http://www.leavenworthtimes.com/article/20100504/News/305049852
It was even covered on the prestigious DD'
http://www.dreamindemon.com/communi...contest-to-2-murder-counts.32948/#post-399623

Ha! They just did this guy's story (J.R. "John" Robinson) on ID's "Vanity Fair Confidential" right now. I can't believe I spaced off this creepy f**cker in addition to the previous three serial killers I already listed, but they're showing clips of parts of the neighborhood next to mine (our 'burbs are next to each other) re: his older crimes.

I never got to work with him personally, but they actually showed a couple of clips with one of our old prison docs, Dr. Bill Bonner. He said the scum bag was trying to con him, too, including sleeping with his wife who was the prison librarian OMG! :jawdrop: Considering she was one of the bodies they found decaying in the chemical drums out on his country property, that kinda tells THAT story. Yikes. I didn't know they were knockin' boots. Ewwww!

This is the first showing of his story this in-depth (there have been others), and I knew he went from a regular skeeve killer to an Internet BDSM serial killer on Death Row, but I never knew the whole backstory on him. Pretty juicy stuff!

This V.F.C. episode, "Alter Ego" reruns tonight on ID at 12am midnight CST if you guys want to watch a very interesting case. In one of the sets of 'burb pics they show of one of his larger homes (not his southern property where his victims were found in the barrels - he admitted to killing a total of nine, 5 in KCMO) is the same main, two lane divided highway I use to drive to work. I didn't even know they were filming here. They usually run national filmakers, documentaries, etc. on the news or do a story about it in the paper. Hell, maybe they did and I just missed it, idk. *shrug*

http://murderpedia.org/male.R/r/robinson-john-edward.htm
Whoa. How was he able to get away with this for so long? And the first set of police who stopped looking for Paula Godfrey after the typed letter "signed" by her was received? Full of fail.

Whoa. How was he able to get away with this for so long? And the first set of police who stopped looking for Paula Godfrey after the typed letter "signed" by her was received? Full of fail.

Full of fail is right. They made excuses for a lot of his victims b/c they were mostly "troubled" in some way and he could 'never have anything to do with it'...*gag*.

This guy had everybody conned thinking he was a bleeding heart, philanthropic business man who just had a heart of gold and loooved to help people (kinda like Gacy). Part of his gig to get victims was "helping" girls/women who were 'down on their luck', promising to help them find jobs, housing, doing organized Community Outreach stuff, the whole nine, right under everyone's noses. He even had the Mayor and the Chamber of Commerce snowed. One of our area Businessmen's Assocs. here gave him a "Businessman of the Year" award for all the "good work" he was doing for the community during the same time he was murdering all these people! Definitely one of those "last guy in the world you'd ever suspect" psychos.

We live right smack on the KS/MO state line and he had businesses set up on both sides of the line. He just kept jumping back and forth across the state line (about a 15 min. drive from his house in KS to his property in downtown KCMO) to get his victims then give them some bullshit story about having to run by his property in the country (about an hour outside the burbs by highway) where he'd do his sexual sadist thing, kill them and stuff them in the 55 gal. barrels. It's mostly rural acreage/farm land out there and no one would ever question an old, run down home with barrels sitting in the yard. And the area he lived in here in the city is an upper middle class, cookie cutter, subdivision "nothing bad ever happens here" neighborhood, so he had a perfect set up all the way around.

His wiki does a pretty good job of showcasing the general details.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Edward_Robinson

I live in a rural area. There are several small towns scattered along the coast and in valleys. The common link is that many children attend the same school district, and people shop at the same supermarket.
Richard Allen Davis, who murdered Polly Klaas, grew up in the valley next to mine. But I never heard of him until the murder. But apparently he was a well known trouble maker with a messed up family life in La Honda. In the link below, La Honda is called a village. It is a unincorporated area in the woods with the usual mix of gentrification, meth labs, assorted bums, old timers both nice and nasty, and a semi famous bar.
http://www.murderpedia.org/male.D/d/davis-richard-allen.htm

Back