• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2015/01/over-40-dogs-disappear-during-past-two-months-in-north-texas/
So far, in an event that is yet to be explained by law enforcement, over 40 dogs have gone missing from their homes in a North Texas county. This has been going on there over the past two months, and so far, no clues have been found linking the disappearances to any person or persons. This is leaving the police baffled and the residents of Wise County are scared for the lives of their dogs.

“I’m horrified,” Robin Lewis said. The Lewis family lost their black Labrador, Jack back in December. “It’s been really difficult trying to explain Jack’s gone, and are we ever going to see him again?” said Lewis. “They’re heartbroken. I’m heartbroken. My husband’s heartbroken.”

On the same day that Jack went missing, Decatur Mayor Martin Woodruff had both his daughter’s pit bull and his Great Dane go missing as well. Both dogs somehow were taken from Woodruff’s fenced in backyard, and once again, there were no clues left behind as to who took them, or where they would be taken too.
[....]
According to the Wise County Sheriff, the total of missing dogs since November is now over 40. Not a single shred of evidence or a single clue has been found, giving investigators nothing to go on.

“It’s really disheartening to think that there are people out here that would do this,” said Woodruff.

Lewis is left wondering about where all of these dogs are. One would have to figure that 40 dogs, collected in one area, would be hard to miss.

“It begs the question of where are these dogs going? And who’s taking them? And what are they doing with them?” said Lewis.

The police and sheriff’s office have no physical descriptions of possible suspects, nor what their vehicles possibly look like. They are reminding residents to keep constant watch over their pets until something turns up. People noticing anything out of the ordinary at all are urged to call the authorities at once.

There have been reports in the US for about a year now warning people to keep an eye on their dogs. It's become popular for people to steal dogs and resell them for quick, virtually untraceable money.

I'd bet the thieves are local to the area, no one who had transportation would steal so many dogs from one area and risk throwing up red flags and being caught.

That's creepy... my guess is either aliens or the dog's have somehow gotten super intelligent and are forming their own colony somewhere

dog fights for the larger breeds, reesale on the teenies , up and coming serial killer working the area, and/or Asian restaurants

is there anyone in the u.s. without a security camera these days...apparently so...

This makes me sick! Wise county is very rural with lots of isolated areas. My guess is there's a dog-fighting racket nearby and they were stolen for bait.

:( Omg that would be so sad! I really hope it's not that
it would make the most sense and I think they are called b dealers but they are notorious for doing things like this. There needs to be laws banning them and documentation on any animals that labs buys and personally I think they have a right to none. I hate animals testing but what is worse is animal nabbing for animal testing.

here's a little info on b dealers there are multiple sites up about them they should be outlawed and the USDA has not been doing much of it's job in all areas especially this one:
Class “B” dealers are licensed to purchase and sell animals to research. The law has unfortunately allowed “B” Dealers to obtain animals for re-sale from other “B” dealers, shelters and from persons who have bred and raised the animals themselves.
However, as LCA proved in our historic undercover investigation, “B” dealers routinely violate the law by acquiring animals from fraudulent sources and abusing and neglecting them, as documented in HBO’s “Dealing Dogs”. These animals are often stolen pets, strays or animals obtained under false pretenses and deception through “free to good home” ads. It is virtually impossible to know the true history of an animal acquired by a Class “B” dealer. Each time a Class “B” dealer sells an animal to a research lab, a strong possibility exists that he or she is a lost or stolen family pet.
http://www.lcanimal.org/index.php/campaigns/class-b-dealers-and-pet-theft/what-are-b-dealers
wiki is much kinder than they deserve [they probably allowed a b dealer to do their own write up]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laboratory_animal_sources

I would never leave my dogs in the yard if I wasn't home or overnight. And there's a big chain and lock on the gate. The fence is 6' tall chain link so they're not going to haul my 110 lb Doberman over that. He's not friendly anyway. The smaller 45 lb mixed breed doesn't take any shit either.

Could be PETA.

Not joking, it's been well documented PETA has dognapped from peopels yards and even their homes and executed the animals.

I don't hear much about PETA being active down here, so I'll have to look into it. There haven't been any updates on the story.

Back