• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
She is not being named by the Daily Herald because of her age and due to previous judicial instructions.
But they give the victim's name?

repeatedly stabbing 11-year-old Dora Betancourt in the younger girl's bedroom

It's her half sister, wouldn't it be pretty easy to figure out from just having the victim's name?

And, I'll add that I dislike naming the victim but shielding the criminal's identity. The victim should have just as many rights as far as that goes.

Screwed up sentencing. It wasn't in the heat of the moment, it was planned out and she made up a story because why? That's right she knew it was wrong. If she can kill a beloved sibling in this kind of scenario, imagine what else she is capable of.

I do agree with all the stories, as I was 7 years older than my siblings, I was the babysitter. Proud to say they are all still alive, but I did decide I didn't want kids lol. I think children of this generation have such a sense of entitlement that when anyone crosses them over anything, they just flip.

This might sound crude but i sure as shit hope they figure some way to sterilize this girl, cause if shes all stabby over her half sister being ungrateful imagine her being a mom to children who can be notoriously ungrateful 24/7!

I'm glad she's not going to jail forever, I may be wrong but I think she needs counseling and support. Yes she knew what she did was wrong and lied but we don't know what kind of pressures mom put on her. Age difference doesn't matter if the burden was on her for everything, I'm not saying I think she should get away scott free I just don't think she should serve 40 years

There is no excuse for flipping out and killing anyone because you think they're ungrateful. There's still so many unanswered questions, did the older one get in trouble for what the younger one did/did not do? What was the norm for when mom was gone, did the older one have the final word or did the younger one do what she wanted when mom was gone? Did their dads visit with them or did only one get to see their dad?

I remember my brothers never knew who their dad was and when mine would visit he would give me money and tell me to buy my brothers something too.

People should wait until age 30 or more before thinking about having children. By then, they should be mature enough to handle the responsibility, except the ones who still live at home with mom & dad.

Of course, and unfortunately, too many people having children nowadays don't give it much thought at all, or about as much as they'd give to deciding whether or not to purchase a pet.

Having a child or children is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make, so...CHOOSE FUCKING WISELY. Of course, I'm preaching to the choir here.

She said she misses her sister and hopes her family can forgive her.

"I am truly sorry for the pain I've caused them," she said of her mother and former stepfather. The teen added that "I know that God forgives me" and that she will embrace her sister in heaven one day.

"I have had a lot of time to think and cry," said the teen, as a pastor and extended family waited outside the courtroom.
The teen, described as a "mini-mom" to her younger sister, recalled the things she and her sister used to do together, like watching movies, making bracelets and playing sports.

"Now I can only remember those times," she said. "I can never get them back."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...ister-killer-sentence-met-20150303-story.html

Back