• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

sugarfree irony

Trusted Member
A ninth-grader faces third-degree aggravated assault charges after police say he attacked a 62-year-old teacher who tried to confiscate the teen's cell phone.

The teacher tried to take the phone from the 16-year-old student because he was not using it for academic purposes, the website reports. The video then shows the student wrap his arms around the teacher before body-slamming him to the ground.
http://abc13.com/news/video-student-arrested-after-body-slamming-teacher/491227/

The video at the link is gone , but I found this one on you tube .

A 16-year-old freshman? Yeah, that was my first clue that the kid wasn't a star student.

After he's bailed out, his mama ought to take his phone away until he proves he can handle basic education.

She should leave his ass in jail, 16 is old enough to learn the consequences of his actions.

And yeah, my oldest is a freshman, he's 14.

He should not have to worry about a phone any longer. If his parents don't cut it off immediately and permanently they are as much to blame for his behavior as he is. My children would fear me if I did bail them out after pulling one like this. They know the only reason why I would be bailing them would be just so I could beat the shit out them and then I would gladly revoke the bail and send their asses back to jail to let law enforcement deal with them. That's what this asshole needs, quite a bit of time without the comforts of a phone, sleeping in decent bed, decent food, etc. Oh Hell no, not going to put up with that.

I suspect his parents are just as misguidedly ignorant. Maybe they'll punish him, but more likely than not they'll complain to the school board that even though he *may* have misused his phone, in their opinion it wasn't any of that teacher's business to take the phone away. In their mind, he had no other choice but to give him a beat down! In fact, they'll probably sue the school because the teacher MADE him do criminal acts! If he just left the boy alone this all wouldn't have happened.

I think he deserves a good whomping for being such an entitled little prick. Then take his iPhone away for good and replace it with a phone that only Agent Gibbs would love.

I couldn't be a teacher nowadays. I wouldn't have just let him take me down. He wouldn't have come out unscathed.

Bottom line, punks have worthless parents, my kids would never have disrespected an adult like that

Del Blasio, is an idiot, one of those anything for a vote politicians, just pure scum
since elected he's been the problem not the solution, just a piece of shit

"What strikes me is that the teacher never even defended himself," retired teacher Lee McNulty told NorthJersey.com. "That just shows how much teachers are afraid of losing their job."

According to Pix-11, the school issued a statement in regards to the incident. While school administrators clarified that cell phones are allowed in classrooms, they should only be used for “academic purposes.” So, teachers can confiscate cell phones when they are not used accordingly. However, cell phones are usually returned to students at the end of the day. So, the student’s impatience led to the physical altercation because he would have gotten the phone back within a couple of hours.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1784751/ol...culous-reason-assault-caught-on-camera-video/

De Blasio Lifts Cell Phone Ban; Lets Schools Set New Tech Policies
Mayor Bill de Blasio's administration said on Wednesday it would lift the city's more than decade-long ban on cell phones in public schools.
“Parents should be able to call or text their kids," said de Blasio, who campaigned on a promise to lift the ban and said his own son, Dante, took his phone to Brooklyn Tech. He portrayed the change in policy as common sense.
http://www.wnyc.org/story/city-lift-cell-phone-ban-schools/

Parents should be able to call or text their kids," said de Blasio, who campaigned on a promise to lift the ban and said his own son, Dante, took his phone to Brooklyn Tech.
Well, within reason. There are some jobs that don't allow employees to have their phones on them, if there is an emergency people are to call the business directly and employees are free to check their phones on breaks. School shouldn't be any different. The students should be allowed to have them in their lockers but not strapped to their damn hands in class and stuff. That way they can check between classes, at lunch, and stuff. Classes are for LEARNING not texting Mom and Dad and if there's an emergency then the school has a phone system, call it, I bet it rings.

What has changed so much in the last 25 years that a parent can't go the whole school day without talking to liitle Suzy or little Johnny while school is in session? Before that you couldn't contact them directly and HAD to call the school and for the most part no parent ever had a reason to call them, they, *gasp*, waited til they were home from school or called the school directly if it was that important.

The only time I even ever thought about calling the school was when my younger son's PawPaw died and I thought it important enough that he stay in school and finish his day before he found out that bit of information, he was only 8, I didn't want him to know before he had to know.

Uh, DeBlasio, it's not mom and dad they're texting, it's Slutty Sally two rows away in English Comp while ignoring the lecture. Or they're sexting their boyfriend/girlfriend across campus.

Not a single student tried to intervene. :banghead:
At 16, he's probably the toughest kid in class, and I think I heard someone yell, "we need help in here."

When I was in 7th grade there were a few dudes who should have been softmores in HS, so people were reluctant to mess with them.

I still think children today forget about how important it is to do the right thing sometimes. Even if it means gettin' your ass whooped.

De Blasio Lifts Cell Phone Ban; Lets Schools Set New Tech Policies
Mayor Bill de Blasio's administration said on Wednesday it would lift the city's more than decade-long ban on cell phones in public schools.
“Parents should be able to call or text their kids," said de Blasio, who campaigned on a promise to lift the ban and said his own son, Dante, took his phone to Brooklyn Tech. He portrayed the change in policy as common sense.

There ya go. Further proves my point. Now he wants to lower the bar further still to appeal to an even lower denominator. How low will it go until the kids are making the rules?

This De Blasio clown is yet another obstacle to a sane society. Shit head.

I still think children today forget about how important it is to do the right thing sometimes. Even if it means gettin' your ass whooped.

That kid looks HUGE for a freshman so I doubt anyone could take him down, why get yourself beaten up too? I doubt anyone could've helped and they would've instantly become his new favorite whipping boy. High school is hellish enough already without becoming the snitch, the new target of a king size bully with anger problems.

If you saw a fight on the street with two huge angry dudes beating the shit out of each other would you join in and tear them apart? It's a nice thought that it's the "right" thing to do, but protecting yourself from harm is damn important too.

Huge difference between two huge dudes and a 16 year old kid assaulting a 62 year old teacher.
I am physically assaulted pretty regularly in my line of work. Often times by people significantly larger than myself. I don't get to hit back either.
That's the problem. So much 'self preservation'. I understand it is something psychologically hardwired within us, but that should not be an excuse to stand aside and watch the wicked do as they please.
I saw at least four or five young males in that video. Together they could have pulled him off. I don't care how big and bad that kid is. In order to end tyranny, the small must realize that size is not the only factor that matters.

Are you fucking shitting me? They're calling this a "slam"? Give me a fucking break. Seriously, what a load of absolute total horseshit.

Suspend the kid, def, expel him even, but assault charges? What a load of shit.

The teach shouldn't have been putting his hands on the kid or his belongings, even if it was just to confiscate a phone. Teach should only engage a student physically if it's to prevent harm from coming to himself, the student, or another person. Not saying he was askin for it or deserved it, but perhaps the school might want to come up with a more intelligent policy.

And the way the article is worded makes me think the school allows cellphones for academic reason. The fuck? What academic use could they have for a cellphone? What a load of shit. You're just asking for students to abuse it and use it to play hungry birds or whatever it is during class. Idiot school.

“Parents should be able to call or text their kids,

Talking to a parent isn't an "academic reason" though. Not to mention, parents can contact the office to contact their children.

Fuck cellphones. If it wasn't for m yjob i wouldn't have one. And if they didn't threaten to fire me, i wouldn't have even had one then.

Fuck cellphones. If it wasn't for m yjob i wouldn't have one. And if they didn't threaten to fire me, i wouldn't have even had one then.

I recently gave up my cellphone :) and love it. I am actively reducing my online footprint (except when I opened an account here on DD). I am going back to the olden ways.

And I feel so FREEEEEEEE... :D

Are you fucking shitting me? They're calling this a "slam"? Give me a fucking break. Seriously, what a load of absolute total horseshit.

Suspend the kid, def, expel him even, but assault charges? What a load of shit.

The teach shouldn't have been putting his hands on the kid or his belongings, even if it was just to confiscate a phone. Teach should only engage a student physically if it's to prevent harm from coming to himself, the student, or another person. Not saying he was askin for it or deserved it, but perhaps the school might want to come up with a more intelligent policy.

And the way the article is worded makes me think the school allows cellphones for academic reason. The fuck? What academic use could they have for a cellphone? What a load of shit. You're just asking for students to abuse it and use it to play hungry birds or whatever it is during class. Idiot school.

Talking to a parent isn't an "academic reason" though. Not to mention, parents can contact the office to contact their children.

Your post are always half crap
First part is always crap
Then you end with someting half rationale
It's a lame game you play

Your post are always half crap
First part is always crap
Then you end with someting half rationale
It's a lame game you play

It's crap to say that it's bullshit embellishing and exaggeration to call that a "slam", let alone some violent slam warranting assault charges? Give me a break.

@JackBurton , if you research the legal definition of what qualifies as assault then the child does fit those standards according to law. I'm on my cell so I can't cut and paste or add link.
Just google legal definition of assault.

@JackBurton , if you research the legal definition of what qualifies as assault then the child does fit those standards according to law. I'm on my cell so I can't cut and paste or add link.
Just google legal definition of assault.

I realize that. Practically any contact whatsoever can amount to assault. I think it's bullshit they'd choose to charge a 16 year old kid with it over something as inconsequential as this though.

Back