• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ChaosKitty

Queen Bitch From Hell
article-2923960-24FF345900000578-518_636x382-620x382.jpg

Rivky an orthodox jew was denied a divorce by her animal estranged husband and has been forced to survive through more in her young 25 years of life than many on the damn street.
http://latest.com/2015/01/orthodox-...raped-wedding-night-beaten-pregnant-tortured/
An Orthodox Jewish mother was denied a divorce by her husband despite being raped, beaten and tortured throughout the marriage.

"Rivky Stein, 25, told the Brooklyn Supreme Court that she has been unable to move on with her life after her estranged husband, Yoel Weiss, 33, refused to give her a ‘get,’ a divorce decree under Jewish law.

According to Stein, she was raped, punched in the stomach while she was pregnant and locked outside of her home when it was freezing cold outside. She also claimed Weiss starved her and their two young children.

The civil case is being heard to determine the custody of the couple’s children, child support payments and alimony for Rivky. Her attorney, Michael Stutman, had the following to say:

“We are fighting for our clients right to raise her children, not live in fear and find the happiness that she deserves.”

Stein was interviewed by Daily Mail Online last June, where she opened up about being raped on her wedding night at the age of 18 and being tortured throughout the marriage.

“I didn’t have anywhere to go back to. He had cut me off from my family and my friends. He monitored my phone. Everything was controlled, I couldn’t reach out to family and I was also ashamed. And I was scared what he would do,” she said in the interview.

“So I thought, that’s it, I’m screwed, this is what I have to deal with now. And that all started from the beginning.”

Stein also said that when she tried to get help from the rabbi’s no one would listen.

“I would ask them what I should do and if I had permission to call the police. They told me that I can’t. They wouldn’t give me permission to.”

Mr. Weiss’ attorney maintains that there is no evidence of abuse and criminal charges have not been filed against his client.

While the New York City Courts cannot grant Rivky a ‘get’ (which under Jewish law can only be granted by a husband and through a rabbinical court), Judge Esther Morgenstern has put pressure on the man to give his ex-wife the Jewish law degree.

Without the document, while Rivky and her husband can be divorced in the eyes of the state, under Jewish law Rivky remains an ‘agunah’ or chained woman and cannot remarry under Jewish law.

Watch Rivky’s story and learn more about agunah (a woman who is denied a get) here.

Image credit: Daily Mail/Byron Smith (Left: Rivki Stein, Top right: Yoel Weiss)"

now this woulda been where I would have been losing my religon after the first night

Yet another reason to not believe in organized religion... I do believe that there is something bigger than us out there, I just don't believe in man's perverted "I'm right, you're wrong" version of it.

I do have my own kind of home-spun religious beliefs, but I do not follow or believe in any organised religion. I believe we must find the answers within our own hearts, minds, and souls, and not simply take on board any old shite that some preacher somewhere tells us. Of fundamental importance to my beliefs is the need for us to make our own independent moral choices, and learn to choose the right paths ourselves.

The sort of shit above is a glaring example of the way organised religions - usually motivated by 2000 year old misogynistic thinking about wives being the property of husbands and wholly subservient to them and stupid sexist shit like that - by refusing to step back and make enlightened and independent moral decisions, are excusing and hiding this kind of treatment.

I don't care what religion has to say. Any woman and her kids treated this way should be legally entitled to a divorce, even under that religion, that can be enforced by law in defiance of the religion if necessary. Any husband who rapes should be tried as a rapist. And if what this woman is saying is exactly what has gone down, her piece of shit husband ought to be in jail, and those who told her it was against God's wishes to report him or some shit like that exposed for the morally misguided shitbags that they actually are.

But one word of caution. This is coming out in a civil case to determine custody of children. And what does quite often happen in such cases, is ex-partners frequently exagerrate or invent nasty shit about each other. And although it hasn't happened here, labelling the ex-husband a paedophile in such disputes is a frequently used gambit, for example.

So, whilst I suspect that what this woman is saying is the truth and hubby is a piece of shit, I do still think we should keep an open-mind on this one, insofar as the specifics of the case are concerned.

She seems like a fighter
Without the decree, Rivky is considered an agunah – or chained woman – among her religious community and unable to move on with her life or date other religious men.
Far from being shunned, however, many in her community are supporting Rivky and calling on her husband and alleged abuser, Yoel Weiss, to do the right thing.
Much of that support comes from a Facebook page Rivky and her friends started to spread the word about her plight – a bold move in the usually insular, Hasidic world.
Yet despite pressure for the rabbis, the community, social media and Rivky herself, Yoel has refused to respond.
On Wednesday, after a much publicized battle that has caught the eye of the New York media, Rivky and the required numbers of rabbis gathered and waited for Yoel to show up and make good on his promise to end the dragged out fight.
read more: http://latest.com/2014/08/shande-modern-hasidic-wife-became-chained-woman-abuse/

I think she can get a civil divorce and the law would protect her from further abuse, but she must want to keep her religion.

somewhere on here is an article when they charged a rabbi for using men to try and force husbands to grant their wives divorces. He looks allot better than they made him out in the news now. It's not the basic tenets of any religion it's what people seem to interpret from the old remaining documentation of such. I'm all for belief systems I have a solid one but what people chose to hold onto or create from the Abramic ones is what turns into an issue. At one point in time I tried to really read the Koran so I could argue sharia law and how it is interpreted but since all I could read was english version [and other things, lol] realized I could only go so far in that.

Personally I would just walk away from the religion. Speaking generally, no religion likes and condones divorce, Catholics have to go through some crap if they want to remarry, I think (I'm not Catholic, just been married to one) but most aren't as bad as Orthodox Jewish.

I believe in God, I attend church (sometimes) but I'll be damned if anyone is going to tell me that I have to be abused to keep practicing a religion. Personally, I think God knows that not every marriage is supposed to last forever and he is okay when a woman (or man) has to divorce to save their lives and that of their children. But that's just MY take on it, I could be wrong and I know that "church people" would tell me that I'm wrong. You know "those" kind of people that make others hate churches and religion.

Latest posts

Back