• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Wait, she was murdered with 3 other people in the house? All this time I had assumed she was there alone. Doing what was done, with a hammer no less, seems pretty personal to me. Why would a burglar carry a hammer?

Where did you get other occupants in the house at the time from? It was my impression that she was in fact alone at the time of the attack?

ETA: Sorry. You got it from here:

She had been house-sitting with her sister Janet, 60, Janet's architect boyfriend Nigel Acres, 59, and their elderly mother Eileen, 87, while the property's owners holidayed abroad
[....]
She had gone to bed at around 10pm on December 30, and nothing more was heard of her. Twelve hours later, her sister Janet found her dead in her room

They cleared all the family members of suspicion without comment. Amazed they heard nothing, - or maybe they are all hard of hearing as well as elderly?

Last edited:
Wait, she was murdered with 3 other people in the house? All this time I had assumed she was there alone. Doing what was done, with a hammer no less, seems pretty personal to me. Why would a burglar carry a hammer?

I was confused but yes the 3 others were there sleeping upstairs, the 3 came for Christmas and were planning to go back home 30 or 31 Dec.

Hammer is definitely not the weapon of choice for a burglar, so think it was more a weapon of opportunity. The police were asking people in the village to check, so they thought the murderer may have knicked it. Small town, some people knew owners were away, maybe he planned to use it to break a window.

They found the door in her bedroom from the patio was faulty so he didn't need to use it to get in.

Thanks kind of fucked up they're asking all the men in the community to provide DNA. I mean, I can understand their desire to narrow down their search, but talk about a police state. What happens to those who politely refuse? Extra attention?

I have given my DNA before, when asked to do so. If the police have the guilty person's DNA, but don't know his identity because he aint been in trouble before, if you are innocent it simply quickly removes you from any possibility of being considered a suspect, which also helps the police avoid wasting time and thereby hopefully apprehending the real guilty person more quickly.

I am also happy to have my DNA on file, so that if for any reason any false allegation were levelled at me by anyone, they can rule me out from the start if my DNA is on file.

I don't really see this as in any way threatening.

I have given my DNA before, when asked to do so. If the police have the guilty person's DNA, but don't know his identity because he aint been in trouble before, if you are innocent it simply quickly removes you from any possibility of being considered a suspect, which also helps the police avoid wasting time and thereby hopefully apprehending the real guilty person more quickly.

I am also happy to have my DNA on file, so that if for any reason any false allegation were levelled at me by anyone, they can rule me out from the start if my DNA is on file.

I don't really see this as in any way threatening.
Did you give them access to your phone and passwords to your network and website accounts while you were at it? They'll probably find all that additionally helpful.

Did you give them access to your phone and passwords to your network and website accounts while you were at it? They'll probably find all that additionally helpful.

No, because that is an entirely different thing.

My DNA tells them nothing about my personal life. All the other shit you quoted does, so not a like for like comparison at all.

Police hunting the killer of an artist in a West Sussex village are to appeal to more men to have their DNA screened.

Sussex Police officers will be knocking on doors in the bid to get samples from every adult male who lives or works in the village or is a regular visitor.

More than 2,000 men have already had their DNA screened, with about 1,400 being ruled out.

Voluntary sessions were held in January and February for men to give a sample and a thumbprint.

Police originally hoped to collect 5,000.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-32161492

Latest posts

Back