• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Yeah, and why are so many people rounding on the dad as if it's his fault?

He didn't rape and muder the child! He didn't let the scum who did into his life and hand over all discipline rights to him. He didn't hide the child away from those closest to him to protect that piece of scum and hide what he did. And he was not the one denying parental access to an ex-parter for vindictive reasons in ways obviously extremely hurtful to the child.

So he left the woman - relationships break up all the time. It's not the crime of the century. And in view of her behaviour in using her kid as an emotional weapon regardles of kid's feelings, allowing someone she barely knew into her life with full chastising rights, hiding kid from loved ones to cover up bruising to protect new boyfriend - well that's the kind of woman I and any decent guy would walk out on, to be frank.

And he never abandoned his child. He tried all that was legally in his power to gain access to his kid, and was himself fighting for custody! If the law were less automatically biased in favour of mothers in such circumstances, perhaps he'd have been recognised as the more suitable parent sooner.

People seem more happy to blame him for not breaking the law - without recognising how that would utterly have destroyed any chance he had of gaining custody from the woman, which as we now know was vitally urgent and didn't happen in time - instead of blaming her.

No. The guy who raped and killed the child is a walking advertisement for the death penalty right there. But the woman who allowed him in without really knowing him, stupidly trusted him, protected him at the expense of her daughter - putting him instead of her kid first - is herself criminally negligent in my view and should serve jail time too!

I think I was just so horrified at the thought of this happening to a child who had a loving father that my miind refused to accept the full horror of the situation. The thought of being helpless to protect your child is unbearable to me. It's so much more comforting to think that he could have done something than to accept that he was rendered powerless by a system that assumes mothers are the only ones fit to take care of and protect their children.

I remember holding my children when they newborns and promising them that I would always provide for them and protect them. But in the very back of my mind was the despair of knowing that some things are beyond my control.

The thought of being helpless to protect your child is unbearable to me.
Nobody is helpless to helping your child. If she didn't help her baby it's on her, not anyone else. She brought that sadistic animal into her baby's life, no one else made her.

Nobody is helpless to helping your child. If she didn't help her baby it's on her, not anyone else. She brought that sadistic animal into her baby's life, no one else made her.
I think Lurkin was speaking of the child's father feeling or being helpless because she had kept the child away from him in the weeks prior to the murder.

LurkinLion said: ▲
The thought of being helpless to protect your child is unbearable to me.

I was talking about the dad. I don't know that he was helpless, but I am willing to concede the possibility.

The mother may not be as much to blame as the guy who did the actual deed, but in practical terms, what does that mean? He deserves 100 death penalties and she only deserves 50?

I think Lurkin was speaking of the child's father feeling or being helpless because she had kept the child away from him in the weeks prior to the murder.
Thanks, in that case I think many dads get the short end of the stick in custody cases. There are some women that find it a blessing to be rid of their kids and pretend they don't exist, and there are some that think they will force a bond with the new man and child and think that by moving dad out of the way that's going to happen.

There really is no recourse for the non-custodial parent that is treated like an emergency when the mom decides "you're not taking MY child this week" usually they have to get a lawyer and file a hearing with the court that could take a month or more. The fee for hiring an attorney to do this is $3000 retainer in my area MINIMUM.

Last edited:
I was talking about the dad. I don't know that he was helpless, but I am willing to concede the possibility.

The mother may not be as much to blame as the guy who did the actual deed, but in practical terms, what does that mean? He deserves 100 death penalties and she only deserves 50?

I feel very strongly when mom doesn't pay attention that their child is being beat, she knew he was mistreating the baby, that's why she didn't let dad come around.

If it was up to me, they would both spend life in jail.

The fee for hiring an attorney to do this is $3000 retainer in my area MINIMUM.
We have the same retainers in my area and not many lawyers so a lot of non-custodial parents are fucked where I am.

Unless there is a concern over safety and a VALID concern, the custodial parent shouldn't cut off contact with the non-custodial. I do have to concede that there are situations where no contact is the safest for the child but those situations don't happen that much.

He

He deserves nothing less than a slow, painful, and horrible death. She, I'd settle for a serious horse whipping and anything between 10 years and a lifetime behind bars, depending upon how much she knew about what he was capable of and doing, and how much she covered up for him on the one hand, and how much he hid from her on the other.

If it was up to me, they would both spend life in jail.

I actually think that life in prison is worse than death, but I just can't stand the thought of feeding them for 50-60 years while that perverted piece of garbage is getting his jollies on the memory of raping that baby.

She, I'd settle for a serious horse whipping and anything between 10 years and a lifetime behind bars,
I think she deserves the same fate as him. My sons are there safety are my responsibility and my feeling for my huband should never cloud my judgment or allow them to be mistreated in any way. The minute that I'm blinded by love and stop seeing what is happening to my children and therefore failing to protect them then I have failed my children.

We're not talking about a situation where "punishment" or discipline went too far, we're talking about a child being raped and beaten. I don't think it was a one time occurance and I think either she knew something or that she should have.

I think she deserves the same fate as him. My sons are there safety are my responsibility and my feeling for my huband should never cloud my judgment or allow them to be mistreated in any way. The minute that I'm blinded by love and stop seeing what is happening to my children and therefore failing to protect them then I have failed my children.

We're not talking about a situation where "punishment" or discipline went too far, we're talking about a child being raped and beaten. I don't think it was a one time occurance and I think either she knew something or that she should have.
Yeah, I understand where you are coming from which is why I "liked" your response. It is the heartfelt response of a decent mother who knows what her priorities should be and always puts the interests of her kids before all else.

I've kind of assumed this failed mother knew nothing about the sexual abuse or the full extent of the beatings, but if she knew he was not only severely beating the kid but also raping her, and was STILL covering up for him, well then yes, she would be as evil as he is and deserve the same fate without a doubt.

41 years? How the fuck did that happen? He will still be able to reproduce when he gets out. Fuck that.

If by some reason he does make it out I hope he gets taken out by a flying car on his release day. Fucking pig.

I mean at first 40 years doesn’t sound too bad. If he’d been in Germany, he’d probably be looking at 8-10 tops.
But then when I actually think about it, he raped and murdered a tiny helpless 3 year old. How does that not warrant LWOP or even the death penalty?

Back