• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
"Roughly one third of male university students who took part in a study would rape a woman if there were no consequences, according to a new scientific study.

The research, published in the scientific journal Violence and Gender, presented mostly white male American participants a questionnaire on how they would act in certain sexual situations.

Amongst other questions they were asked how they would act in a situation where they could have sexual intercourse with a woman against her will “if nobody would ever know and there wouldn’t be any consequences”."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...if-there-no-were-no-consequences-9978052.html

Here's to hoping this is inflammatory and lacking any actual scientific merit!

i believe it, I didn't have many girl friends growing up( I still don't) and one drunken night this came up....not many said they wouldn't... .even less said no after we decided for whatever reason the girl wouldn't know either....I never got drunk with them again..... mainly out of fear

I believe that number to be higher. If you add alcohol or drugs into the situation, the propensity for a college age male to rape a woman under those circumstances would be astronomical.

While this number is terrifying, I believe it to be way higher. It is very likely that part of the college kids interviewed wanted to say yes, but felt that they had to say no because "what if my Mom or Dad finds out I said yes."

Personally, I hope this isn't accurate, and I hope the numbers are lower.

But a better spin on it is to say that two out of every three men would never contemplate rape even if they knew they could get away with it.

As for the remaing third, it would be ideal - but sadly probably impractical - if they were denied entry into the military, law enforcement, prison guard, and carer professions.

But to be honest I have more faith in humanity - including the male half of it - not to doubt the accuracy of this poll. I suspect it is probably a rogue poll with a rogue result, which can happen sometimes with just a single poll.

Even if it was true (its not) If someone asked me if I would kill someone and have no consequence would i do it? I would say yes and i would know who I want to kill, but to fantasize it and doing it would be very different...And the study that was done seems like the author kept asking questions in different ways until she got the answer she wanted..I think most people are good people and couldnt really hurt someone..I am sure some guys fantasize about it ( so do women). I really believe that the reality verses what they fantasize is different.

That's why I'll discuss a one research study issue on something in the theorhetical or hypothetical, but I don't ever take them as fact, proof or even real evidence of anything. They live in my land of "what if" non-reality. Even on the slim chance the Abstract/Dissertation and the entire study, protocols, controls, stats, etc., are published and check out , one study on anything does not a truth make, IMO. As discussed, ulterior motives and personal agendas are rampant.

That's why I'll discuss a one research study issue on something in the theorhetical or hypothetical, but I don't ever take them as fact, proof or even real evidence of anything. They live in my land of "what if" non-reality. Even on the slim chance the Abstract/Dissertation and the entire study, protocols, controls, stats, etc., are published and check out , one study on anything does not a truth make, IMO. As discussed, ulterior motives and personal agendas are rampant.
Statistically statistics are bull shit...Studies show that studies are generally flawed:)

Since the definition of the crime of " rape/sexual assault," is not consistent between the law, and what certain groups want universities to enforce, I can only roll my eyes at these studies. Since a young couple can go out for drinks and have consensual sex, that the female later regrets, and half the world wants to call it rape; these people make it difficult for legitimate sexual assault victims to be taken seriously.

I had a discussion with my oldest yesterday that made me think of this thread. Keep in mind I do know that this "study" was fake.

Ev had just taken his Health final and got a 92, I asked if they taught them about sex (he's in 9th grade), after he turned 6 shades of red he said "no". After a second he said that they did learn about rape. My husband tried to be quick to point out that they were the same. To which I had to chime in that actually Ev was right, they aren't the same, rape is about power and control and violence NOT about sex and sex is just that the actual consensual physical act. It made me think of this thread because I know that my husband knows the difference between the two but so many people believe rape is about sex, about a guy (or girl) wanting sex so bad that they have to force another person when in reality it has very little to do with sex other than in the regions of the body that are affected.

@Krystal, you've got that spot on.

Rape is not about sex - it is about power and dominance - possibly control and humiliation too - but predominantly about power.

Anatomically and physically, the actual bodily mechanics might be the same, and the rapist may well shoot his load at the end. But it is the power and dominance that is getting him off, not sex.

Sex is readily available to any guys these days - you can pay for it pretty cheaply if you truly want it right now and no one willing is immediately available. No one needs to rape to get laid. Those who choose to rape do so because it is the act of rape itself that they get off on, particularly the power and dominance involved. They'd still rape even if they had sex on tap from their choice of willing women.

I had a discussion with my oldest yesterday that made me think of this thread. Keep in mind I do know that this "study" was fake.

Ev had just taken his Health final and got a 92, I asked if they taught them about sex (he's in 9th grade), after he turned 6 shades of red he said "no". After a second he said that they did learn about rape. My husband tried to be quick to point out that they were the same. To which I had to chime in that actually Ev was right, they aren't the same, rape is about power and control and violence NOT about sex and sex is just that the actual consensual physical act. It made me think of this thread because I know that my husband knows the difference between the two but so many people believe rape is about sex, about a guy (or girl) wanting sex so bad that they have to force another person when in reality it has very little to do with sex other than in the regions of the body that are affected.

No Sex Ed. by freshman year in Health class? :( I've been such a proponent for Sex Ed. in middle school/jr. high I guess I forget sometimes it hasn't been made a national curricular requirement yet. Good talk, mom/wifey. :) I told mine rape is an assaultive crime of power and control, and forced, non-consentual sex is the perp's weapon of choice.

@Krystal, you've got that spot on.

Rape is not about sex - it is about power and dominance - possibly control and humiliation too - but predominantly about power.

Anatomically and physically, the actual bodily mechanics might be the same, and the rapist may well shoot his load at the end. But it is the power and dominance that is getting him off, not sex.

Sex is readily available to any guys these days - you can pay for it pretty cheaply if you truly want it right now and no one willing is immediately available. No one needs to rape to get laid. Those who choose to rape do so because it is the act of rape itself that they get off on, particularly the power and dominance involved. They'd still rape even if they had sex on tap from their choice of willing women.

Exactly. How many of these guys (and to a lesser extent, women) do we hear about who're married? And if they're featured in a true crime show, many of the wives have said they were clueless, one of the reasons being they 'always had a good/normal sex life.'

Edit: Gary Ridgeway (Green River Killer) is a prime example.

No Sex Ed. by freshman year in Health class?
I guess not. I don't think I had it in school until my Sophomore year, a little elate for me by that point. So, Mom has done talking for a couple of years now. It's not the school's job to do that, it's mine as a responsible parent. Which is why I ask him questions like I did about his Health class, I want him to get over the embarrassment of the word and feel free to talk to me, or his step-dad about it. I figure the more comfortable he is talking to one or both of us the less of a chance of him becoming a Daddy before he's a high school graduate. Or at least that's what I'm hoping.

But I do like that his class talked about rape separate from talking about sex, it does seem to help get the message through that they are NOT the same. Part of the talk they had about it included a story about a girl gang-raped by 4 football players in front of a group of her friends and the cops blaming her, what Ev doesn't know is that's my story, my case has been used for training for about 3 years now. I won't tell Ev but I have met personally with some students who were interested in knowing more, mostly athletes, I think their coaches pressed for that. I'll quickly add that those students were from other schools 30+ miles from my son's.

I guess not. I don't think I had it in school until my Sophomore year, a little elate for me by that point. So, Mom has done talking for a couple of years now. It's not the school's job to do that, it's mine as a responsible parent. Which is why I ask him questions like I did about his Health class, I want him to get over the embarrassment of the word and feel free to talk to me, or his step-dad about it. I figure the more comfortable he is talking to one or both of us the less of a chance of him becoming a Daddy before he's a high school graduate. Or at least that's what I'm hoping.

Absolutely the parent(s) job. I always joke about going overboard on the "open and honest" factor with my two about sex b/c they end up (ended up in my dtrs. case) coming to me about a few things (not questions, stories) that were definitely TMI, even for me, *L*.

But I do like that his class talked about rape separate from talking about sex, it does seem to help get the message through that they are NOT the same. Part of the talk they had about it included a story about a girl gang-raped by 4 football players in front of a group of her friends and the cops blaming her, what Ev doesn't know is that's my story, my case has been used for training for about 3 years now. I won't tell Ev but I have met personally with some students who were interested in knowing more, mostly athletes, I think their coaches pressed for that. I'll quickly add that those students were from other schools 30+ miles from my son's.

OMG Krystal, how godawful!! I'm so sorry. JC what is wrong with some people. I can't even imagine, smh...Well, there really isn't a better person in the world for them to talk to about it, that's for sure. :( <3

Last edited:
So, I am sorry to say I think that given the opportunity a lot of teenage and adult men would rape if they knew they would get away with it.

One time, a million years ago I was at a party. There were a lot of people at this party and one girl who was there was really fucked up and actually going through the onset of Schizophrenia. All of the guys at this party were guys I had known for YEARS. Sure, I thought they were all assholes in other ways but never did I see them as the type to rape someone, let alone someone they fucking knew for years and they knew was not right in her head.

Like 5 of the dudes, maybe more had sex with her in the back yard that night. Sure, she wasn't screaming "no, stop, stop" but it was fucking rape. When I and anther friend walked outside to see what was going we flipped out, we screamed and yelled, and cried and took our friend and left.

I still cannot get it out of my head the way they were laughing and all thought that it was funny.

That being said, I have brothers and uncles and shit, a dad - who I could never in a million fucking years imagine doing anything like that because they are respectful and caring men. I guess I am rambling and maybe not making my point so well, but YES - I do think a lot more guys would rape given a particular situation maybe even laughing and not thinking it really was rape.

I live in Nevada where it it legal to pay for sex . and forced sex because you are horny is not rape but still wrong But if there is an online poll I would have to say I think about it from time to time. For me it is payback for women who have hurt me both physically and mentally.

I live in Nevada where it it legal to pay for sex . and forced sex because you are horny is not rape but still wrong But if there is an online poll I would have to say I think about it from time to time. For me it is payback for women who have hurt me both physically and mentally.
How in the hell is this even your thought process. This is fucking psychotic. You need help NOW. payback? Seriously?
You frighten me. Not for me but for the women around you.

Therapy, lots and lots of therapy. And maybe stay the hell away from female human beings in the meantime, and probably afterwards as well.

Clearly you need help... Forced sex is the definition of rape! Would it somehow be OK with you if I jammed a jagged broom handle up the ass of every guy that has ever hurt me? Jeez Dude, get your head on straight before you do something you'll spend time in prison for.
Like x1000.

You sir may have some psychiatric issues you should get checked out. Or possibly even work towards getting some with out forcing or paying. I know it's hard some times for shy people but once you break the ice it's not really all that hard the next time. Again no paying or forcing despite your full-retard take on the matter forcing sex is the definition.

Thinking about hypothetically it is one thing, but if you're ever thinking about actually doing it, as in planning how to get into her house or whatever, then you need psychiatric help. Or, as a backup, castrate yourself. Ya know, maybe castration would be helpful for you in controlling these urges.

Your previous statement is ten thousand kinds of wrong. Sticking your dick into an unwilling person is rape, no matter what your reasoning is.

I hope to fuck that you are just trolling with those statements to get a rise out of us.

Because if you actually mean what you say, those are the kind of thought processes that go through the minds of serial rapists.

There is also a massive amount of tarring all women with the same brush here. You have never even met the vast majority of women on this planet.

Fact is, just about every guy knows women who have been mean to them at some point, just like almost every woman has known guys who have been mean to them. But most of us are mature enough not to go hating on all women and want to rape them as "payback".

If you are serious, you are dangerous. This is dangerous thinking.

I will not judge you further, because I am assuming you haven't actually raped anyone - at least not yet. And I have no knowledge about how badly you have been hurt by which women. If, for example, you were cruelly abused during childhood by your mom or something like that, the root cause of your thinking would be easy to discern.

But it is dangerous and wrong to think this way, and you need to seek help for it - before you cross the line and do something for which there will be no redemption.

Last edited:
You guys! Buncha over-reactors here, lol. Dude-man is fine. They totally have pills for this affliction. @Donald, they're called Cyanide, they will fix you right up. Run along and get some. I'll take care of these lil scamps for giving you such a hard time!
:hilarious: You's guys...

Back