• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
"Antonio Cicarelli was stabbed as he walked to work in the Lower East Side in the late 1950s — but it took more than five decades for him to die from his wound.

The NYPD is investigating Ciccarello’s murder now that the city’s medical examiner ruled the 97-year-old man’s death stemmed from injuries he suffered in that long-ago knifing.

“It was way out of left field for me,” Mary Paloglou, Ciccarello’s daughter, said Saturday.

The 57-year-old woman had heard stories that her father was stabbed when she was about 3 as he went to work, but she couldn’t believe those injuries led to her dad’s death."

http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/n...source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

Last edited:
That mother trucker was 97 years old, a violent sneeze at that age could have led to his "untimely demise"! Just saying, God blessed the man with 97 years on this earth.

I'm not an expert in anatomy, but I have real doubts that even a top notch coroner could look at a hernia and say with 100% certainty that it was directly correlated to the stab wound 50 years ago. It generally doesn't take 50 years to diagnose a hernia and his daughter says he used to be a porter and could have gotten it lifting stuff.

I'm also surprised that they did a autopsy on him, he was 97 and they never notified his daughter they were doing it. She expected him to be at the funeral home and found out he was at the morgue. What made them decide to do that?

I don't think they should be able to rule it a homicide on such flimsy "evidence". Something like this sets a dangerous precedent.

I'm also surprised that they did a autopsy on him, he was 97 and they never notified his daughter they were doing it. She expected him to be at the funeral home and found out he was at the morgue. What made them decide to do that?

I don't know if it's still the case, but some places used to require an autopsy in all "unattended" deaths. (Meaning no doctor present.) Could it be something like that?

I don't know if it's still the case, but some places used to require an autopsy in all "unattended" deaths. (Meaning no doctor present.) Could it be something like that?
NY allows a doctor who is regularly treating a person to sign the certificate even if the death occurs outside of his/her presence. The thought is that the person's treating physician is aware of their medical problems and can therefore state a cause of death based upon that.

Perhaps it was well documented that he had this knife wound and had gone his whole life without it ever being permanetly or properly repaired.

Anyways, if the culprit is still alive, i fail to see how this is a bad thing. They can bust the fucker for murder now, good stuff. Hope they send a swat team to the fuckers retirement home sometime soon, haul his old ass away.

They could have just put natural causes. He was 97, it's not like he was 27 and doctors are scrambling for answers, it's not exactly uncommon for 97 year olds to die from natural causes.
Well yeah, that's what I'm saying, I'm wondering why they didn't just do that in the first place instead of actually going to the trouble of doing an autopsy.

Back