• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ChaosKitty

Queen Bitch From Hell
RonnieTowns.jpg

if you see this man “Jay” Adrian Towns 28yrs old about 6' call 911 there are 2 active warrants out for him and he could be the man the coouple went to meet to buy a car.
Bud had put an ad in Craigslist for a 1966 mustang and someone called him saying they had one for sale in another county of Georgia. The couple when to meet the individual Jan 22nd and were never heard from again and their cell phone was turned off.
250A3DC300000578-2925514-image-a-21_1422197425016.jpg

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/missing-marietta-couple-left-buy-car-posted-craigs/njwSX/
http://scaredmonkeys.com/2015/01/25...air-county-to-purchase-a-car-from-craigslist/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-going-meet-car-seller-met-Craigslist.html

Telfair County sheriff's deputies say that they are looking for 28-year-old Ronnie "Jay" Towns. He is currently wanted for giving false statements to investigators, as well as criminal attempt to commit theft by deception.

"We were interested in who last had phone contact with the Runions, and this individual did," Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson told WMAZ-TV. "We interviewed Mr. Towns early on in the investigation and the info he provided did not corroborate with our investigation."

Authorities told the station that the last phone number to have contact with the Runions was traced back to a disposable phone. Authorities are using signals from that phone in the hope of finding the couple.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/2...spect-in-case-missing-elderly-georgia-couple/

@Wolf_of_Mars left this in shout. Thanks Wolf! :)

I really think there should be some better policing methods on craigslist at this point in time along the lines of lets say an online selling site like ebay. You have to have verified information about your self up and you have to verify your information to a third party to get in to get the phone addie of the seller also. The amount of murders over cars alone on craigslist at this point in time is beyond hairraising. I have to admit I have bought a good half dozen cars on craigslist in Cailf up and down the coast going into some unique and challenging areas to do so.

It doesn't sound like this couple's disappearance is going to end well. So sad...there are truly evil people in this world around every corner.

put an ad in Craigslist for a 1966 mustang and someone called him saying they had one for sale
Bastard, using the promise of having a vehicle like that to set them up. Rotten bastard. I'd sell my first born for a 66 Mustang.

Just kidding. Okay, maybe not, he is pretty mouthy and I really, really like 66 Mustangs.

The news is not good.
Bodies, vehicle found in search for missing Ga. couple
WMAZ-TV, Macon, Ga. 6:32 p.m. EST January 26, 2015
Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson said two bodies have been found in their search for a missing Atlanta area couple. They also found the couple's car submerged in a shallow body of water.

TELFAIR COUNTY, Ga. — Two bodies have been found as police searched for a missing Cobb County, Ga., couple, said Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson.

Elrey "Bud" Runion, 69, and his 66-year-old wife, June, have been missing since Thursday when they traveled to McRae, Ga., to buy a vintage car from someone they contacted on Craigslist.

In a news conference Monday afternoon, authorities said the vehicle of the missing couple was found submerged in a body of water. Two bodies — one man and one female — were found nearby. Those bodies have not been identified, and their causes of their deaths have not been determined.

Story continues here.

--Al

Steverson said they worked with Towns' father to arrange a location to meet up Monday morning. Towns' father brought him to the location and Towns was taken into custody then.

From Alf's link. His own father turned his sorry ass in and helped them catch him.

I heard an update on the radio here in flyover country and updated this as soon as I got home. I was so bummed about the authorities finding bodies in connection with this couples' disappearance that I didn't want to read any more of the story than what I did read in order to put the update here.

--Al

ETA: good for dad. I can't imagine it was easy to turn his son in.
A.

Why? Was he planning to rob them or is he just a murderous bastard? He's good looking in the top pic, not so much in the other with his hat off. I'm still usually surprised when the monsters aren't ugly lol.

This case reminded me of Thomas and Jackie Hawks being murdered for their yacht. They were tied to the anchor and thrown overboard. Anyone else remember? The killer had a part in one of the Power Rangers series. Skylar Deleon, his stupid made up name has stuck in my head. Horrible way to die fs.

DAMN IT TO HELL: bodies found in Georgia: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bodies-found-in-search-for-missing-georgia-couple/ it's not official but it's them. I think he murdered them realized it was too hot for him after questioning and dumped their car near them in body of water
I didn't realize others had already put something up I didn't see posts, this makes me sick another mindless murder for a little bit of money.
yeah, I remember that one he should have been cut some and then drug behind a slow moving boat for shark bait

Facebook page update...be sure to watch the video too.

UPDATE: As several of you are aware, the Telfair County Sheriff's Office just held a press conference. They positively located the Runion's vehicle this morning submerged in a body of water. Nearby they also located two bodies. The investigation is still on going and the family and I will updated you all as soon as more information is released. During this heartbreaking time I ask that you keep the family and friends in your thoughts and prayers. http://www.11alive.com/…/police-searching-for-mis…/22283503/

Ronnie Adrian "Jay" Towns
Telfair County Sheriff's Offie Booking photo from 01/26/2015

10411180_361273237388919_489464466451587320_n.jpg

Possible meth head/tweaker?

And check this out...a scammer by the name of Carla set up a fraudulent GoFundMe account! Apparently this GoFundMe account was deleted and Carla's Facebook accounts seem to have gone poof also. How low can people go...:(

IMPORTANT: The family wants everyone to know that they do NOT have any funding accounts set up for donations at this time. It has been brought to our attention that someone has set up a FRAUD GoFundMe account in Bud and June's name -- we're reporting it to the authorities and media now so please do NOT donate to any accounts unless we post one on this site. Please continue to pray for everyone during this incredibly difficult time. This page is also the ONLY official page as well! God Bless. -Samantha
(link)

Fuck this sociopath. I'm sure this family is reeling :(
people like this make me sick, you see it time and time again. recently I was thinking of checking gofundme to set something up for cat rescue/feeding/fixing and don't like that they won't use paypal so I won't use them. I feel for the family and hope Carla gets hit with a good felony fraud charge and ends up where she belongs

Why? Was he planning to rob them or is he just a murderous bastard?
I would say a bit of both. A 66 Mustang, depending on condition is worth a lot. If he told them it was is good condition they could have had thousands of dollars ready to pay for it. He may have always planned to kill whomever he got to show up but I think it was probably for the money that he assumed they would have on them.

I spent a week watching the Barrett-Jackson Classic Car Auction and saw a Shelby Mustang (Carroll Shelby's personal Mustang) in the classic Shelby Blue sell for 5 million dollars! I saw many classic Mustangs go for well over $50,000. They are pretty extreme examples but it kind of gives you an idea what a 66 is worth.

Good gods! That poor couple. They trusted too easily :(
I mean I totally got my puppy from a family off of Craigs list. But you never know what will happen.

Telfair County Sheriff's Office
6 hours ago ·

Press Release Jan 27, 2015
Today an autopsy examination conducted by the GBI Crime Lab in Atlanta on two bodies recovered from a wooded area in rural Telfair County, allowed investigators to positively confirm their Identities.
They are the bodies of Elrey “Bud” Runion and his wife June E. Runion. The cause of death has been determined to be Gunshot wounds to the head of both victims.
Also today, Investigators obtained warrants for Ronnie Adrian Towns, 28 year old white male, charging him with the Murder and Armed Robbery of Elrey “Bud” Runion and his wife June Runion of Cobb County Ga.
Mr. Towns Will be arraigned later today at the Telfair County Courthouse.

From the Runion Facebook page...

Find Bud & June Runion shared a link.
4 hours ago ·

In lieu of flowers and in memory of Bud and June's ministry, Forever Grateful Ministries, please donate to House of Hope in Canton, GA, at http://www.houseofhopefreehome.com/home.html, Bud and June would be overjoyed that their mission would continue. Please click the red 'Donate' box on the top right corner.

Last edited:
One of my wife's relatives was murdered when he put a car up for sale, and the prospective buyers wanted the car but didn't want to pay for it. He was kidnapped, held for ransom, then murdered. The murderer currently resides in jail.

Apparently, car deals are one of the 'popular' ways to lure victims into something. So beware. I won't try selling a vehicle to a private citizen anymore, nor buy one in that manner.

This Jay guy lost his job weeks before the murder. He pretended to go into work every morning. There were several thefts in the area the police questioned him about. He made robbing people a job and graduated to murder.

Sheriff: Robbery announced as motive in killings of Cobb couple

TELFAIR COUNTY, Ga. — Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson told Channel 2 Action News that robbery was the motive in the murder of a Cobb County couple.

Bud Runion, 69, and June Runion, 66, were shot in the head, sheriff’s officials say. The couple disappeared Thursday, Jan. 22, when they left their Marietta home for south Georgia. The couple were going to purchase a 1966 Ford Mustang. Bud Runion posted an ad on Craigslist looking for someone selling the vehicle, and police say Ronnie “Jay” Towns, 28, responded and lured them to their death.

The couple’s bodies, along with their SUV, were found in Telfair County Monday. The SUV was in a pond, and the bodies of the Runions were nearby, sheriff’s officials say.

Steverson said there is no evidence that Towns had a 1996 Mustang to sell the couple. He said deputies had previously questioned Towns in a rash of petty thefts. He was never charged.

"Obviously, they didn't find a strong enough connection," Steverson said.

Steverson detailed some specifics about the current case to Channel 2’s Aaron Diamant.

"We feel that we can prove it was motivated as a robbery," Steverson said.

Towns is charged with murder and armed robbery, along with some lesser charges, for the killings of the Runions.

"We don't have any evidence of there being a '66 Mustang owned by this individual or anyone who's associated with him," Steverson told Diamant.

Channel 2 Action News learned that a landscaping company recently fired Towns because he stopped showing up for work regularly.

"To know that an individual from this community is involved in this heinous crime on my watch, yeah, it pisses me off,” Steverson said.

Steverson says the department is still plowing through a mountain of evidence to piece together the Runions' final moments.

Back