• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Isn't she trying to claim that her husband was sexually abusing her boys, though? That's what I thought the original quote was saying was BS.

This just makes me feel like she really doesn't feel remorse at ALL for what she did.... because if she understood now what she had done- to her children, her family, the public, really everyone- she would feel LUCKY that she's not in hell yet.

"...She said in her document that a history of violence and sexual abuse as a child caused her acts of violence and should have been considered as her alibi.

She wrote that she did not want her children to be subjected to sexual abuse and wanted out of her marriage to their father, David Smith..."

Well, she isn't stating whom she thinks would sexually abuse her children, but it could be inferred as her husband by the wording of the article.
In that respect, I concur, it's absolute bullshit.
She and David Smith were separated and living apart when she murdered
the boys, so her "wanting out of the marriage" excuse is also a load of shit.
IMO, her claiming fear of them being sexually abused is just a half-assed attempt at judicial cannon fodder, and a thinly veiled projection of her own experiences on to her children.
Also, considering that she continued in a mentally fucked-up and twisted sexual relationship with her stepfather right up until weeks before she drowned her two boys, and was (still is, even in prison) rampantly promiscuous, it's possible that she herself may have been the one who posed the threat of sexual abuse towards Michael and Alex.
Following this train of thought, she may have even convinced herself that she was saving them from herself. :rolleyes2:

Susan Smith is one of those people who view their child(ren) as an extension of themselves, and doesn't grasp the fact that they are (or sadly, were) separate and sentient persons in their own right.
This makes it so much easier to disconnect from the emotional instincts of parenthood when disposing of one's own progeny - for those like her, it's hardship is as comparatively difficult as changing hairstyles/colors.

The deadline for post-conviction relief is usually one year from an appeal, but since she never filed an appeal, it would be one year from the trial ending, Brackett said: "Her first hurdle would be explaining the delay."

He said the attorney general's office will assign a prosecutor to handle the case, and Smith may be appointed a lawyer, or it may be dismissed before it gets to court because of the missed deadline.

"Sometimes people file these motions because they don't have anything better to do," he said.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/local/story/1199683.html
:pound:

oh geeze this woman is a piece of work. i remember seeing her on TV a thought what a shitty lier. i was 14 or 15 at the time and even i knew she was full of shit. i can only imagine the thoughts of the police.

that bitch is never gonna get out and she knows it. shes just spinning her wheels to get some attention.

Actually, the sexual abuse claim was factual.
Her stepfather admitted on the stand to molesting her for many years during the sentencing phase, and publicly blamed himself for her mental issues, which included several suicide attempts from her teen years and up, and sexual promiscuity as an adult.
Her natural father committed suicide when she was six, IIRC, and she had serious depressive episodes afterwords throughout her life.

All this aside, I think she should consider herself lucky to be eligible for parole after only 30 years.

I meant her claim that the husband was abusing the boys.

The deadline for post-conviction relief is usually one year from an appeal, but since she never filed an appeal, it would be one year from the trial ending, Brackett said: "Her first hurdle would be explaining the delay."

He said the attorney general's office will assign a prosecutor to handle the case, and Smith may be appointed a lawyer, or it may be dismissed before it gets to court because of the missed deadline.

"Sometimes people file these motions because they don't have anything better to do," he said.

Yeah, like waste more taxpayer more than has already been wasted on her sorry ass!

Last edited:
Yeah I remember her standing up there and crying and blubbering about bringing her babies back and I remember telling my ex that those babies weren't coming back. Something about her affect was off or flat. Liar, liar pants on fire.

I vividly remember seeing her stand behing the microphone saying shit like, Yo mama luzz yoo, yo daddy luzz yoo" never once did she look up.guilty slut. shit, I told my husband right then and there she was the phantom black man. That fake choking up and shit, my 7 yr old does a better job...

I don't know if they were holding hands. That seems kind of impossibly, sadly sweet, you know? But I did watch the A&E documentary on this case and saw the film of them raising the car out of the lake. You could see Alex and Michael pretty clearly in the backseat, slumped over in their car seats. The recreation also showed the car floated for about 7 minutes slowly filling with water. It took along time for those babies to die.

I think Susan Smith is pure fucking evil. I feel for Andrea Yates more because she had an obvious mental disease. Susan was just selfish and continues to be so. Fucking people in jail and claiming that David might harm those boys. She is fucked, so fucked in the head someone needs to just shoot her and spread her diseased brain on the ground.

No soup for Sue!
judge plans to throw out Susan Smith's request for a new trial unless the South Carolina mom convicted of leaving her two young sons in her car to drown in 1994 can come up with better arguments.

Smith filed a handwritten appeal earlier this year, claiming unspecified allegations of prosecutorial misconduct and said she was abused by her now ex-husband, David Smith.

She didn't detail the abuse and a prosecutor who tried her said an investigation did not find any wrongdoing by her ex-husband.

Circuit Judge Lee Alford has given Smith 20 days to give better reasons to allow her appeal to continue. Smith, who is representing herself, has refused interview requests from The Associated Press since she was convicted in 1995 of leaving 3-year-old Michael and 14-month-old Alex strapped in their car seats as she rolled her car into a Union County lake in the northwestern part of the state.
[...]

In her appeal, Smith mentions "battered woman's syndrome," which is normally used when someone kills a spouse or boyfriend because they are being abused.

Smith's former husband hasn't returned several messages from AP. But prosecutor Kevin Brackett said Monday he had never heard anything bad about David Smith.

"David Smith has a right to put this behind him," Brackett said. "Every time this case comes back up, it picks at a scab."

Prosecutors sought the death penalty for Smith, and Brackett pointed out her lawyers vigorously fought to save her life.
[...]

The appeal also said Smith's "Amanda Rights" :pound: were violated, apparently referring to the Fifth Amendment right to have a lawyer present when police question a suspect. And the papers show Smith still sometimes dots her 'i's with little circles — just like she did in her written confession more than 15 years ago.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35650931/ns/us_news/

What a dorkapotamus dipshit.

It seems like I remember reading he wasn't exactly a prize but he doesn't deserve this shit over and over just because she doesn't want to own up to her own actions.

All I think of when I hear this bitch's name is those two poor baby boys struggling to keep their heads out of the water and breathe. Drowning is one hell of a way to die... not that there's really a good way but damn.

Smith or the reporter?? Amanda Rights??? 5th Amendment right to counsel??
Smith. For everything... including that lame appeal and asserting her Amanda Rights (which I assume is her jailhouse lawyerese for Miranda rights)

i remember this story...i was 17 and pregs with my son...horrible bitch...when i seen her on the news back then i knew she was full of shit...do over? :pound: why NOW??...damn its been 15 years since this happened!!...those poor kids should be in high school and college right now!!

A judge plans to throw out Susan Smith's request for a new trial unless the South Carolina mom convicted of leaving her two young sons in her car to drown in 1994 can come up with better arguments.

BOOYAH! Rock on, Judge Alford!

Oh, and about.com has the text of the letter that Smith's lovah lovah, Tom Findlay, sent her. Apparently, he didn't just break up with her because she had kids--another big reason is that she was messing around with a guy who was married to one of her friends. It seems that while he was okay with nailing someone who wasn't legally divorced, he wasn't okay with her getting her freak on with married men.

America's original most-hated mom Susan Smith was found in a pool of blood in her prison cell after she slashed her wrists during one of her bizarre cutting rituals, according to reports.

Former fellow prisoner Stephanie Hulsey spoke to the National Enquirer about Smith's suicidal behavior and revealed she has a butch lesbian lover.

She said: 'Susan says she cuts herself because it releases all her pain. She has terrible raised scars on her wrists, maybe 15 of them, some three-inches long.'

Miss Hulsy also revealed that, not only does Susan have a lesbian lover on the inside - who is 'a big woman like a man serving life for armed bank robbery' - she also has a male suitor on the outside who she plans to marry if she gets paroled.

'I've seen him visiting her. Over the years he's sent her thousands of dollars and paid for her hospital bills.'

The wealthy suitor - though not been named - is not Tom Findlay, the man she killed her kids over.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...over-wealthy-male-suitor-waiting-outside.html

As the 19th anniversary of Michael and Alex’s death approaches, what happened to their father, David Smith?

In an interview with HLN’s Nancy Grace Monday night, David Smith said he’s happily remarried with two children, Savannah and Nicholas.

“There are still bad days, but there are definitely more good days now than bad days,” David Smith said. “Around the holidays and around the anniversary which is coming up this month, Michael’s birthday is a few days away, those days are still very hard. Days like that still probably bring me down to my knees, but in all, life is much better now, and I’m doing really well.”

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/10/09/david-smith-susan-smith-killed-sons-where-are-they-now

Slashed wrists, sex with prison guards and a jailhouse lesbian lover: Inside the twisted world of Susan Smith 20 years after she drowned her sons and blamed 'a black man'
  • Susan Smith, now 43, remains in prison in South Carolina but has a long history of delinquent behavior while behind bars
  • Former director of the South Carolina Department of Corrections Jon Ozmint says Smith just can't 'turn the corner' toward being a better person
  • Smith was caught having sex with two separate prison guards in 2000 and has since taken a lesbian jailhouse lover
  • The child killer remains troubled -- a fellow convict says she has long, deep scars on her arm after a gory suicide attempt a few years back
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wned-sons-blamed-black-man.html#ixzz3HPrometF

21 years go this October, Susan Smith of Union SC stood before the media and pleaded for the black man that had carjacked her and took her boys Alex (14m) and Michael (3) to return the children.
I felt a deep connection to this case for several reasons; Susan and I share the exact same birthdate, her son Alex and my youngest share birthdays and my oldest was just a couple months older than hers.
As if that isnt creepy enough, I lived not far from Susan and remember well the announcement that the boys were missing and her pleas for their return.
My aunt was visiting at the time and from the first moment we saw Susan on TV I said she was guilty as hell.Of course my aunt knows everything and said there was just no way a mother could hurt her kids.
On Oct 25 1994 Susan reported the carjacking and kidnapping of her kids. She claimed she stopped at a red light where a black man took her car by force. One major problem with that story was she claimed to have caught a red light at an intersection where the traffic light only turns red when a car approaches from the intersecting road. According to Susan's claims, she didn't see any other cars at the intersection begging the question why was she stopped at the traffic light when it wasn't red?
She told several versions of the story, had an inconclusive polygraph that showed clear deception when questioned about the location of her sons.
On Nov 3 1994 she finally confessed that she had put her kids in their car seats, drove to John D. Long lake outside Union SC and let her children drown.
Why? Ha! You'll love this one; her rich boyfriend didn't want kids. Her and the children's father had been off and on due to Susan's cheating and drug use when she met the wealthy suitor who had no interest in children but also had no interest in a long term relationship.
Susan was molested by her step father who admits not only did he molest her they also had consensual sex into her adulthood. She has of course been diagnosed with mental illness.
Blackhearted Susan is now serving her sentence in a SC women's facility. She has been moved a couple times due to ofiicers having sex with her.
She will be eligible for parole in 9 short years.

Yep, the moment I saw her crying interview on TV, I knew those boys were never coming home, I don't know what made me think that, but something about her screams, "I am a lying liar who lies"!

Back