• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
"A teenage girl spent three years of her life convinced she was dead due to a rare medical condition known as 'Walking Corpse Syndrome'.

Haley Smith, 17, suffered from the ultra-rare illness Cotard’s Syndrome.

Sufferers genuinely believe they are dead, or that parts of their body no longer exist, and some die from starvation because they feel they no longer have to eat.

But with the help of a therapist – and, bizarrely, Disney films – she recovered."

At least it wasn't Barney repeats....

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...AD-Walking-Corpse-Syndrome.html#ixzz3OwRGZGXD

sounds emo to me not dead, and really how in the world do you keep a relationship with a boyfriend for 2+years if you're dead or truly believe you're dead.

Last edited:
:facepalm::wait:
I used to hang out in graveyards to. Because they were quiet and I was a little goth girl in middle/high school(I am not ashamed to admit it)
But I never believed I was a corpse.....
Yea she definitely sound like a teen girl looking for attention...But who am I to judge....:penguin: *Shrugs*

This is a recognized syndrome. Quite few people have it/ have had it.
I'm going to give her the benefit of doubt that it's teen angst/emo.

I think I want this disease for a day or two, maybe I could convince people to back off me a bit. Mom is a tiring job.

I'm not in complete disbelief but the pictures, she's wearing make-up and has her hair done, if you're dead you wouldn't do that would you? Just questions because I don't get it not that I don't believe her.

**Meh** she probably looked it up and used it as an excuse to sleep late skip school and hang out all night with her boyfriend.

**Meh** she probably looked it up and used it as an excuse to sleep late skip school and hang out all night with her boyfriend.

Yeah cause I guess if you're dead it's pretty hard to miss curfew or get pregnant,so you get to do whatever you want to do, cause DUHHHH, you're dead.

Like most mental illnesses, this one too sounds like total and complete horseshit. Why must pyschologists come up with a term for every asinine thing fucktards decide to fret over.

Back