• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
"A man who admits to killing his mother and his cats wants to plead guilty, but he has an unusual request."

"During a hearing Wednesday in Woburn Superior Court, Matthew McAveeney told the judge he plans to plead guilty, but he wants the names of the two dead cats added to his indictment.

“The animals are, were, living beings. They had lives, they had personalities, they had identities and if I’m going to be convicted of killing them, I would like them to be known for what they were, you know, who they were, by their names,” McAveeney said in court."

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/01/...ers-murder-if-cats-names-added-to-indictment/

Well. He's not wrong I guess.

The judge is going to allow that, but she ordered him to undergo a mental health evaluation before she accepts his guilty plea.

Yuuup. Sounds like a good idea.

QUOTE: The animals are, were, living beings. They had lives, they had personalities, they had identities and if I’m going to be convicted of killing them, I would like them to be known for what they were, you know, who they were,

WTH is this? A confession, remorse? I can't tell if he's upset about killing the cats or wants credit for it. He doesn't appear affected about what he did to his mother though.

WTH is this? A confession, remorse? I can't tell if he's upset about killing the cats or wants credit for it. He doesn't appear affected about what he did to his mother though.

Sounds to me as though he feels bad about killing them. If he isn't, he is being incredibly facetious about admitting to their "murder".

Back