• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

taintfutcha

"In May 2010, the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG) was reported to be considering the sanctioning of medically performed “ritual nicks” to satisfy the desire of some cultures for genital mutilation of young girls, while protecting them from more severe forms of the practice.1 Although the RANZCOG immediately issued a press release stating it did not support this approach,2 these events, which were similar to a recent debate in the United States,3,4 provide a timely opportunity to explore issues concerning female genital mutilation (FGM) in Australia."

from the medical journal of Australia

https://www.mja.com.au/journal/2011...n-law-policy-and-practical-challenges-doctors

there are more recent articles but I found this one to be more thorough in it's reporting

Just the fact that these countries would even consider accomodating these fucking barbarians is indication of taking permissive liberalism to an extreme. Doesn't ANYONE stand on values of any kind, anymore?
:mad::rage::finger:

Australian law has always been sound in regards to FGM @BostonBurns & @taintfutcha

According to senior Crown prosecutor Mark Tedeschi currently 21 years is max sentence
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/first-female-genital-mutilation-case-to-go-to-trial-in-nsw-supreme-court

Like Britain,the NSW Supreme court has its 1st prosecution involving two sisters under 7yo. Their mother & a nurse who performed them were arrested late 2012. In August 2014 the nurse & mother were committed to stand trial
Defence lawyers unsuccessfully tried to argue the girls were not victims of female genital mutilation because they only received a nick to their clitoris.

Magistrate Roger Brown dismissed the submission, saying: “Any cut or nick to the clitoris will amount to mutilation.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/sydney-sheik-mum-and-nurse-to-face-mutilation-judgment

While I do not agree with any form of forced genital mutilation the Medical JA article does bring up several points
-The demand for FGM is increasing
-Already doctors/nurse from those communities are performing them
-Risk of parents flying to their home countries in order for daughters to undergo

Its very disturbing and very sad to think its still happening, I think need far more open discussion in Australia, its pretty clear that local community leaders are lying about the prevalence.

@CLouise even if people are taking them to their home countries for the procedure, I feel it's important for Western culture to stand up for our values. If these people are taking their 10 year-old daughters back home to be married off to grown men, should we acquiesce and say, "we'll let your culture marry them off here at 12?" I know that we're talking mutilation here but these are people who'd probably do it themselves anyway if it wasn't exactly what they wanted. Let's not give in to these fuckers, and if they don't like it in the west they can go home to their 3rd world shithole.

I "talk" to Australian and en zed friends almost every day and im nearly always astounded at how very bright they themselves are but how fucked up their countries are. it really is a world away from my life "style".

having said that trite bit-

could I truthfully say; let the savages have at it? and mean it. maybe. truth is; theyre going to do it anyway. I don't want any kind of mutilation done to any child/person against their will and I do expect my "civilized" country to uphold that law and every accountable person to see to the safety of the vulnerable. in MY world, the world I raise my children in, I wont subscribe to any law that allows degradation of children's bodies or minds. that I take for granted.

do I really give one sweet shit what is happening to anyone but my own? maybe just the one shit.

I don't delude myself for a tick that I can watch rome burn and throw even one bucket on the fire.

we let the fookers in. now we have to deal with them. clever aren't we.

my Australian mates have taken to fighting it one fight at a time. it's really ourselves to blame, eh. too late to stop being so bloody open armed and accepting because it was the "right " thing to do.

so, little children will continue to be cut. the law may say ye canna do it. but ideology and political correctness in all it's glory will drain the nuts of the purported civilized world. we see it daily.

i'll give no excuse for rambling...sometimes it's better than composing.

bb" and if they don't like it in the west they can go home to their 3rd world shithole". they wont, even if we buy them the ticket

and louise; I personally do not fault the Australian government; theyre trying to meet halfway with people that don't meet halfway

Back