• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
jg7iuc.jpg

Dana Craney
mjy3va.jpg
[...]
Wilton man accused of bludgeoning his grandmother to death with a hammer will remain in jail without bail following an initial court appearance
[...]
Dana “Mikey” Craney, 22, had lived with his grandmother, Joanne Goudreau
[....]
He was charged with murder on Sunday by Maine State Police after his grandmother’s body was found by the trailer under plywood.

Craney was in court in connection with the death of his grandmother Joanne Goudreau
[...]
Dana Craney and his attorney Walter Hanstein approach the microphone during Craney's initial appearance in Franklin County Superior Court in Farmington
[...]
Police had gone to the home Saturday afternoon because relatives asked them to check on Goudreau’s well-being.
[...]
court appearance Monday, Craney, represented by attorney Walter Hanstein, was ordered to remain in jail pending a bail hearing.
http://www.pressherald.com/2014/12/...used-hammer-to-bludgeon-grandmother-to-death/

There's no speculation as to his motive yet. Could be anything, but for some reason, seeing his pics makes me wonder about Schizophrenia before drug addiction, etc. Helleva horrible death. Am curious to find out why. :(

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

Report: Man accused of killing grandmother is son of convicted murderer

WILTON, Maine — The man accused of killing his grandmother over the weekend is the son of a convicted killer, the Sun Journal reports.

Dana Craney Jr., 22, is accused of killing his 67-year-old grandmother, Joanne Goudreau, who was found dead in her backyard Saturday. An autopsy lists her cause of death as blunt force trauma to the head.

The suspect’s father, Dana Craney, was convicted in 1993 of killing Leon Michaud, a 73-year-old used furniture dealer and auctioneer. Michaud was found shot to death in a culvert on a rural Auburn road in 1990, according to Sun Journal archives.

Dana Craney and Willard Eastman, 41, of North Carolina were both convicted in Michaud’s death. Craney, now 52, and Eastman, now 63, are serving their sentences at the Maine State Prison in Warren, the Sun Journal reports.

According to the Sun Journal, Dana Craney’s estranged wife called police about his involvement in Michaud’s murder. Dana Craney Jr. was five months old when his father was arrested.

The Associated Press reported that witnesses in the trial against the elder Craney testified that he admitted killing Michaud for money on Dec. 20, 1990, because his rent was due and because he had no Christmas presents for his children.

Under Comments on Report...

"Shame on Dana and Katherine Craney, the parents of this murderer. Katherine knew her husband had killed a man. Rather than give the victim's family peace, she and her husband spent the money he had killed for, had yet another child, and never said a word about the murder until 3 years later, when the marriage turned sour. I believe Katherine should be in prison along with her husband and son. And guess who owns the trailer where the victim and Craney lived together? Katherine. Why would she place her mother in a living situation with her mentally ill son?"

Last edited:
I thought it said Dana Carvey at first and I was like NOOOO WHHHHHYYYY, Then I saw this mother fucker and was relieved.... Still feel sorry for grandma but at least she's free from living with this nut

I wouldn't be surprised if his so called father has more contact with him now that he's in prison than he did before. He can teach his son about something he knows all to well, prison life. They eerily look a like, did their murders almost at the same age, in the same state, both victims elderly and almost same age! I wonder if his sentencing will be the same amount of time? F-R-E-A-K-Y! The only hope that is left of this nut job family is that the younger Crazy Craney never had a chance to breed. The nightmare needs to end now! :eek:

Is there the death penalty in Maine? If not can we make an exception for this fucktard?

I HATE those who harm the elderly and see no use for them anywhere in society.

It's amazing how much crazy runs in families. Hopefully they can pinpoint why that happens in the future. Since he's 22 he was probably born in 1992, and his father's crime happened in 1990 and he was convicted in 1993 so the younger crazypants must have popped out right before the older crazypants was arrested. They basically spent no time together. I wonder if his grandmother was paternal and fostered a really violent environment or if the psychotic nature is genetic.

Joanne Goudreau raised this young man after his folks were sent away to pay for their crimes. What a horrible way for her to die.

Just amazing that father and son were not together during the younger nut's life and still had some crazy similarities. Poor grandma gave up her life to raise this crazy fuck just for him to turn around and kill her. I am sure she had an inkling that he would turn on her and what a shitty way to die knowing you already saw this coming.

Crazy both father and son commit murder right around Christmas. Of elderly people no less.
If he is crazy can they use him as a guinea pig to try out all the different crazy meds to see what works and what doesn't. It's for science or whatever.

Back