• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
did you really pay attention to the selfies? She's taking pics of the mirror! Even with the digital camera you can clearly see that she just took a pic of the mirror, so she really doesn't know how to take a selfie.
Where was the mirror when she took the selfie sitting behind the wheel of the car?

--Al

She's taking pics of the mirror! Even with the digital camera you can clearly see that she just took a pic of the mirror, so she really doesn't know how to take a selfie.
Well, see guys, she can't even take a proper "selfie" so she must be a retard.

@Mindy Wilson , what you posted is a serious disservice to those who truly are disabled due to a mental disease or defect and who function properly within the bounds of society.

And this:

maybe she didn't understand the body changes because nobody explained those things to her in SPECIAL ED!
But darling, they do. It is utter negligence to not explain such things to special education students who have the ability to function in the world, with or without assistance. Unless she was drooling on herself and wearing a helmet through school she took Health class, even most of the children and teens with those profound disabilities take the required classes in school but they do so with an aide.

You can try to deflect the blame or give whatever bullshit rationale you want for how this was all some terrible mistake because she was "special" but the fact still remains that she KNEW she was pregnant and she tried to MURDER her unwanted baby and needs to pay for that crime.

BTW, if my autistic child did this shit I'd kick is ass into next week and then kick his ass for missing a week. Autism or not he still knows right from wrong because I've taught him and he would be held to that standard by me.

My daughter, Katie, is a caregiver for a woman with Down's who will never mentally advance beyond a 5-year old. SHE knows right from wrong, good from bad.
I don't buy that she was so disabled she could not tell right from wrong. If I'm wrong, I will apologize.

I have a relative who is extremely developementally disabled, she didn't walk until she was nearly 3, is not verbal, she points and grunts, she has been known to smear her poop on the walls and think it's funny, but even she knows when she's done something wrong, she'll drop her head and try to hide behind the door. My half sister can't read or write, she went thru school in special ed, she competed in the special olympics, she has always worked, birthed 3 children, raised all 3, they are all alive and doing fine, she's now looking after her mother who needs assistance now that she is older.

I could have believed she could have not known she was pregnant, until it came out she was talking about due dates and babies, birthed a baby on her own without no one in the house knowing or hearing, kept the baby for 24 hours and then put her in the trash can, her silence and secretivenes shows that she was hiding and hiding means consciousness of guilt. She knew and she did it anyway.

did you really pay attention to the selfies? She's taking pics of the mirror! Even with the digital camera you can clearly see that she just took a pic of the mirror, so she really doesn't know how to take a selfie.
For fucks sake, i cant even answer my phone without hanging up on someone, my mother never could operate a vcr! Watch me try to operate a fucking game system and by your judgement I would be able to throw away a village of babies and have no clue what I was doing.

I can understand why everyone wants to blame & judge Alicia right niw after seeing the photos. However, did you really pay attention to the selfies? She's taking pics of the mirror! Even with the digital camera you can clearly see that she just took a pic of the mirror, so she really doesn't know how to take a selfie. As for the partying, I've seen A LOT of devementally disabled people get used/taken advantage of. Those people in the pics were probably hanging out with her because she was buying the booze & sadly she thinks they're her friends. It happens day in & day out. Also, it's very plausible for her not to have known she was pregnant, maybe she didn't understand the body changes because nobody explained those things to her in SPECIAL ED! Also, I'm sure she was sheltered @ home because of her condition & her parents may have believed they would never need to have "the talk". She may not have had a regular cycle or didn't notice it stopped. Some women have no symptoms until labor, hence the TV series "I never knew I was pregnant". I'm just saying by her appearance (almost almond shaped eyes & strange poses), mirror selfies, incriminating statements to police & well documented history of mental issues don't rush to judgement until everything comes out. Oh, one more thing, yes, DD & LD people can drive & work according to their skill set. She worked @ a rental car agency. That doesn't mean that she's @ the front of the house doing computer work, contracts & taking money!! She's probably in the back cleaning the cars or putting those paper floor mats in them. This is an equal opportunity nation & if companies continually denied employment to disabled people the ADA & ACLU would be all over them. Let the justice system do its job before the entire jury pool is tainted please people, what if this was your daughter or sister?

If she was so developmentally and mentally disabled then she shouldn't have been left alone to get pregnant and not know who the father is. If she was that unable to take care of herself, someone dropped the ball.

that
They're in Utah... maybe uber-mormon?
's why there is uber birthcontrol the morons. Everyone keeps saying 24 is old enough to know better but fkn 13 is old enough to know better. There is no excuse and I personally feel anyone should be able and in some cases forced to get birthcontrol so there are allot less tossed babies. This has become a full on epidemic. In the old days in China infacide was practiced regularly but that was because they didn't have better birth control methods. In Japan there is a major issue due to the hurdles to get birth control so you have mega abortions that makes allot of sense

A woman accused of leaving her newborn baby to die in a trash can near Salt Lake City is not mentally competent to stand trial, a Utah judge ruled Monday.

Court-ordered evaluations found that Alicia Englert, 23, is mentally disabled and has an IQ too low for her to legally stand trial on a felony attempted murder charge, lawyer Josie Brumfield said. Utah law says a defendant must have an IQ of 70 to face trial.

Judge Elizabeth Hruby-Mills said Englert will enter treatment. The judge set a new hearing date for June 8 to re-assess whether she's become competent for trial.

Englert had a difficult childhood, Brumfield said. Her mother went to prison when she was about 18 months old, and though she was able to finish high school, a single in-depth conversation shows she didn't function at typical adult level.
http://news.yahoo.com/woman-accused-leaving-baby-trash-ruled-incompetent-180524641.html

Baby covered in feces is because she wrapped her in a nasty ass towel left her for at least 24 hours to sit there on the floor in her room (how her family didn't hear her crying, I don't know) then threw her in a garbage can to finish dying. Babies poo even if they haven't actually been fed and when they are not wearing any clothes much less a diaper then it tends to travel all over. It can travel all over even with the diaper. I don't know why this one makes me so much madder than all the others, but it does. I want Baby Hope to be able to thumb her nose at this bitch of a birth vessel one day.
There is no effing way my mom would have not noticed me being pregnant... No way at all.

Is anyone else confused as to the reasoning here?
Her IQ is too low to stand trial....go to treatment....check to see if she's competent in June....
Are they planning on increasing her intelligence between now and then? :confused:

Is anyone else confused as to the reasoning hee?
Her IQ is too low to stand trial....go to treatment....check to see if she's competent in June....
Are they planning on increasing her intelligence between now and then? :confused:
No. It's more they like are going to show her why her actions were wrong and why the fuck she is being punished for it pretty much. Basically she isn't competent enough to understand that when you do something you think you may get in trouble for you don't do something worse to cover up for it. Seeing as I have a kid with certain delays this is a lesson that we constantly work on. That and if you make a mistake do something wrong etc. it's better to tell someone and face the consequences than hide it and make things worse.
If anything I'm sure being raised in Utah she learned one thing: sex is bad and girls who end up pregnant out if wedlock bring shame upon their families.
I wanna hate her coz I've been there and as you all know my baby is six and we still kicking it but I'm not her and she's not really like the multitude of stupid bitches we see here.
That being said she is still WRONG and I hope to God when all is said and done someone looks after this girl/woman from henceforth so no more babies end up abandoned coz she's too ignorant too know better.

Was everyone in her family and circle of friends retarded too? Cause she looked fucking pregnant. And I'm scared that we let people who don't know you don't trash babies drive and partake alcohol.

Just to put this in perspective for everyone...one of my daughter's finished high school too but during graduation ceremony she received a Special Education Diploma as I suspect this girl did as well...especially if her IQ is below 70

She has that brat obstinate, "I'll do whatever I please" pout on her mug. Whenever I see that in a kid, I think "This kid has never been told NO."

If she is mentally handicapped, and her dad says he knew this, why in the hell was she not being strictly monitored and disciplined? Instead she is let loose partying like a lowlife. Wonderful. Major fail. In this case, even though she is legally an adult, I think the parents should both be charged as well.

I think the parents should both be charged as well.

i think you are correct, if she has an IQ so far below 70 she didn't know she was pregnant and didn't know what to do with a baby, she needed to be supervised so that she never was alone long enough to get pregnant. I have a young relative who is very extrememly delayed, she graduated high school, also, but is barely potty trained and is about 37 years old. She'd be pregnant too if she wasn't supervised. Parents in this case have failed this girl if she is as delayed as they are saying. Maybe she ought not to be driving and partying if she is as they say.

i think you are correct, if she has an IQ so far below 70 she didn't know she was pregnant and didn't know what to do with a baby, she needed to be supervised so that she never was alone long enough to get pregnant.

From all accounts I've read through, it does seem she knew she was pregnant. Granted, those accounts are hearsay - party friends and a store clerk - but, I have a hard time buying the mystery pregnancy defence when it is based on low IQ. Knowing you're pregnant is a body thing. Even the low end of the spectrum knows when they are pregnant. If someone has contradictory evidence, I'll buy it. But, I highly doubt it.

In my estimation, she knew, but just didn't care. It's a moral failure, which goes to caring about more than your own skin. I used to work with Down's Syndrome kids many years ago and they can be taught basic morals. The crucial thing is that they are taught them. From the fact that she was let loose with no limits, it seems her parents lacked in their responsibility.

Not everyone has the benefit of that basic grounding from their parents and then as an adult the onus does fall on the offspring to teach themselves - can't indefinitely parent-blame. We do have free will. But, in this case, because of her low IQ, it would be incumbent on the parents to take a more proactive approach, if not just for their daughter, but the rest of the community.

It bugs me that her dad has his arm around her after the fact and in the eye of the media and her mother is nowhere to be seen. Should have been upping their game for the last 24 freaking years.

I have a young relative who is very extrememly delayed, she graduated high school, also, but is barely potty trained and is about 37 years old. She'd be pregnant too if she wasn't supervised. Parents in this case have failed this girl if she is as delayed as they are saying. Maybe she ought not to be driving and partying if she is as they say.

Yup.

I think this girl was born with some degree of disabilities.. But I think her parents actually caused her disabilities to become worse.. Instead of better.. If that makes any sense.. It takes a special loving parent to raise a child with disabilities... And these parents were already shitty parents . And there is no way they did not know she was pregnant.. That photo screams pregnant.. The mom fb also made me sense the whole family is a lil slow.. Jmo

January 19, 2017

A judge has ruled that a Utah woman accused of leaving her newborn baby to die in the trash cannot have her competency to stand trial restored because her intellectual disability is too severe.

Judge Elizabeth Hruby-Mills sided with attorneys for 25-year-old Alicia Englert of Kearns in her Tuesday ruling.

Deputy Salt Lake County District Attorney Robert Parrish says he plans to file a motion giving the judge options to restore Englert's competency. But defense attorney Josie Brumfield told Hruby-Mills that Englert's reasoning and memory ability is not going to change.

Authorities say Englert abandoned her infant daughter in August 2014 and that the baby would have died if she wasn't found. The child recovered and was placed in state custody.
http://newsok.com/article/feed/1152155

As a man who was along for the crazy ride of my wife's pregnancy, I can't for the life of me understand how someone can hide a pregnancy??? Was she dressed in a moo-moo all day?
My wife went the full 9 and she was as big as a house! A wonderful, bright airy house...but a house none the less!
[doublepost=1516409338,1516408990][/doublepost]
You know, I was just thinking about this. How many women have done this throughout the ages & DNA testing is the only thing that slowed it down. Or a bleeding woman. None was going to seek medical care for bleeding, it's "improper".
I imagine this was done often & the stranger, if they were a good person just took the baby home or to someone they knew who would care for it.
Like "Changelings", we believed once upon a time when a baby got colic that they were a changeling, you know because suddenly the baby cries all the time and is difficult to manage so...they put it outside overnight & waited for the fairies (or was it elves? trolls?) to bring back their child to them. But, the baby often died in the elements.
I think this crap has been happening since humans could procreate. But in 2014 they're just stupid because there's too much technology and medical advancement to keep it hidden.

"The Changeling" with George C. Scott scared the living crap out of me...still gives me chills"
[doublepost=1516409568][/doublepost]
Abandoned newborn fighting for her life as Utah mom faces attempted murder charges
The 23-year-old Kearns mother, Alicia Englert, told cops she was afraid to tell her parents about the pregnancy. Englert reportedly hoped the child’s death would solve her problems. The baby girl lived and is now in critical condition.

Que Dueling Banjo's.

Back