• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
1z556py.jpg

Heather Cagle, a teacher at R.J. Wells Middle School in Catoosa, Okla., drove students to a nearby Walmart because she wanted to reward them with Goldfish crackers​
[...]
Oklahoma middle school math teacher was fired Wednesday after she made a snack run with 11 students in her car — including two in the trunk.

Heather Cagle's fuzzy math and poor judgment led to her dismissal by the Catoosa School Board after she was suspended with pay Oct. 23, two days after her ill-advised snack run
[...]
"No parent or grandparent or guardian should ever expect that any teacher, particularly not an experienced teacher, will take their children off campus in the trunk of a personal vehicle," school district attorney Karen Long
[...]
Cagle, a math teacher, yearbook advisor and cheerleading coach employed at R.J. Wells Middle School in Catoosa, Okla
[...]
drove the students to Walmart one quarter of a mile away because she wanted to reward them with Goldfish crackers.
[...]
"This was a terrible mistake," Cagle cried as she spoke to the school board
[...]
"I didn't want to hurt anyone. I just wanted to do something nice."

It took five minutes for the students, members of the school's yearbook, to cram into the teacher's Honda
[...]
a road trip fail caught on school surveillance video. Two 12-year-old girls made the journey locked in the car's trunk while seven more created a human pyramid in the back seat,
[...]
Not only was the teacher's clown car stunt dangerous, but school officials said Cagle needed to get the parents' permission before taking the students off campus.

About 50 supporters showed up to support Cagle at the school hearing, but the board voted 4-1 for her dismissal
[....]
"Good teachers will let students do things like this to let students let off steam," Cagle's attorney, Richard O'Carroll, told
[....]
"It was such a cowardly decision (by the school)."
SOURCES
http://www.tulsaworld.com/communiti...cle_ce620bfe-2e9f-5ecc-ada5-31aeb076c871.html
&
http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news...-job-tuesday-night-after-snack-run-gone-wrong

the board voted 4-1 for her dismissal

It kind of concerns me that someone voted to keep her there. I'd prefer that the schools attempt to hire people with brains fully secured within their skulls.

Clearly she's a dipshit with incredibly horrible judgment but thank God she wasn't raping students or physically abusing them.

Sounds like she was trying to be the cool teacher and more of their friends than being a responsible teacher. What a shame senseless act but at least it wasn't a tragedy it could have been so much worse.

She made this decision with the mindset of the teenagers surrounding her. Very poor judgment. Not expected of a teacher with so much experience. This was way over the top all the way around. Totally irresponsible.

Yep that's what she meant, stupid decisions made for what seems like a good reason at the time, but when you actually think about it, you know how stupid it really was, and all the horrible things that could have happened.

Back