• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
no mugs yet that I could find
[...]
woman faces a felony aggravated assault charge after police allege she gave her boyfriend a bite wound requiring several stitches.

Lola Lauren Brush, 30, faces the felony and a domestic battery charge.
[..]
she bit part of her boyfriend’s chin off and beat him with a wooden baseball bat and two snow shovels during an argument
[...]
She is out of jail on a $7,500 unsecured bond
[...]
the concerns of Teton County Deputy Prosecutor Terry Rogers that she was a “very violent” flight risk.
[...]
the apartment the two share after several neighbors called to report their loud shouting.
[....]
victim alleged, and Brush allegedly admitted, that the argument included the biting and the beating.

Officers allegedly found a strip of flesh with part of the victim’s beard on it
[...]
, and found blood in and around the apartment, as well as on the handle of a SpongeBob Squarepants children’s snow shovel outside.

The fight allegedly occurred while the couple were on their way home from a hockey game and continued when they returned.
[...]
The victim was transported to the hospital, where an emergency room doctor “lost count” of how many stitches it took to close the bite wound on his chin
[...]
Brush is not allowed to contact or associate with her boyfriend while the case makes its way through the courts.

Between the two charges, Brush faces a maximum of 10 and a half years in jail and a $10,750 fine if she pleads or is found guilty.

While she is out of jail,
[...]
Judge James Radda ordered Brush to take twice daily portable breath tests at the Teton County Jail and to refrain from possessing or drinking alcohol.
[...]
also is required to see a doctor and a therapist and file updates with the court to prove she is following their recommendations.
http://www.jhnewsandguide.com/jacks...cle_be193ad3-60ef-5c3c-948e-52efaa5bb88d.html

All I could think reading that was how was she able to do all that damage without receiving any injuries if get own. That man has some super willpower.

What a peach! He's lucky she didn't kill him. When a fight comes to the point of spittin' out a flap of chin, you've won. To continue to bludgeon him is just...is overkill the right word?

Last edited:
Daily breathalyzer tests means she's got an alcohol problem (saying it mildly) and I'm guessing some mental issues too. Magic 8 ball says "Bipolar". I'll go with that. She needs some serious help!

She is out of jail on a $7,500 unsecured bond
This is utterly pathetic. Had they found a joint in her pocket when they arrested her, then her bail would have been higher for that alone. This pathetic excuse for a woman beat and maimed her boyfriend and she's out on $7,500 unsecured bond.

Yes, that amount certainly sends a message to all abuser. One that says the courts there don't take domestic violence seriously at all.

Maybe, mentally, she was still at the hocky game and thought the Spongebob Square Pants shovel was a hockey stick and she was re-enacting a part of the hockey game because those guys have been known to bite a time or two. My best advice for him is run as fast as he can for cover under a new identity and name. What a nut! I was imagining the bacterial infection he could contract but then I thought the alcohol from her mouth might have taken care of that issue.

Or maybe he is an alcoholic and abusive towards her and she was defending herself..... no 30 year old man would allow a woman to do all those things.... people do crazy things when they are being abused and maybe she was tired of it....... #foodforthought

@chelsea are you saying that if he is abusive (although I doubt it) that rather than get tired of it and leave she should be allowed to bite off his chin instead?

Clearly this guy has more self control and respect for woman than I do cause I would have killed that bitch.

Or maybe he is an alcoholic and abusive towards her and she was defending herself..... no 30 year old man would allow a woman to do all those things.... people do crazy things when they are being abused and maybe she was tired of it....... #foodforthought

If you have some real facts that don't start with maybe, Please share them.

Oh and welcome new new member.

I don't have facts..just stating my thoughts. Have you ever been in an abusive relationship? Where you were threatened with your life if you left?? Yeah informing police or outside help of the situation sometimes gets you out alive but sometimes it doesn't. She may have been staying because she felt trapped or until she could figure something else out. Maybe he was abusing her that night and she did what she had to do to get away.

QUOTE: I don't have facts..just stating my thoughts.

You will meet A LOT of people on DD who have been in a few bad relationships and who have feared for their lives. Yes I am one of them. Pretty much here we go by the stories given here. If we find out more information and find we were wrong and given the incorrect information most of us try to make it right. This one sounds like an out brawl and she might have had a bit to much to drink. If not let me know and I'd love to take it back. If she was drinking and at fault then this man is a saint compared to a lot of them! WELCOME!

@chelsea from the amount of damage she did to this guy the only person I'm positive that's being abused is him.I'm sure that HE was afraid for his life, I mean for God's sake she bit off his fucking chin. ..... When a woman gets the shit kicked out of her by a man we never stop and say well maybe she got what was coming to her. Do you know why that is? Because violence is never the answer. But because he's a man he must deserve to be disfigured right?

QUOTE: I don't have facts..just stating my thoughts.

You will meet A LOT of people on DD who have been in a few bad relationships and who have feared for their lives. Yes I am one of them. Pretty much here we go by the stories given here. If we find out more information and find we were wrong and given the incorrect information most of us try to make it right. This one sounds like an out brawl and she might have had a bit to much to drink. If not let me know and I'd love to take it back. If she was drinking and at fault then this man is a saint compared to a lot of them! WELCOME!

Well its my aunt. I didn't want to say anything till I called my mom to get the full story since I have been out if town and wasn't home to be filled in. He is an alcoholic. They went to a hockey game and both drank. Got into it when they got home he got physical and she was defending herself. She may have done more then she should have but you never really know your reaction till you are in that situation. Hell who knows his chin may have been all she could get to. I am not defending her actions because violence is never the answer. But I did want to clarify she is not a monster, or an alcoholic, or a violent person. Sometimes people just get into bad situations and when there is a continuous problem you have to fix it or end it because 9 times out of 10 it will end badly. And this did.

@chelsea from the amount of damage she did to this guy the only person I'm positive that's being abused is him.I'm sure that HE was afraid for his life, I mean for God's sake she bit off his fucking chin. ..... When a woman gets the shit kicked out of her by a man we never stop and say well maybe she got what was coming to her. Do you know why that is? Because violence is never the answer. But because he's a man he must deserve to be disfigured right?

No that is not what I was saying......... this is my aunt and I didnt want state facts until I knew for a fact they were true..... violence is never the answer in any situation and like I stated in a previous post I am not justifying her actions but he isn't the only victim in this situation.

Welcome to the Den, Chelsea :)

I'm torn by your posts, because you admit that violence wasn't the answer and say you aren't defending her actions, but at the same time, you are defending her actions at least a little. But since she's 30, and your aunt, I'm guessing you're fairly young, and it's natural to want to defend your aunt. I'm sure the situation is more complex than we get from just this story, but that still doesn't excuse her behaviour. I hope you stick around and take on board what others are saying, because I'd hate for you to absorb some of the lessons you seem to be getting from your aunt's relationship and potentially wind up in an abusive relationship yourself.

You've used alcohol as a mitigating circumstance when it comes to your aunt, but as a character assassination when it comes to the bf. If she chooses to be with a violent alcoholic, and stay with him, then she is, perhaps unwillingly, condoning the behaviour.

"No 30 year old man would allow a woman to do all those things" - now here, you're showing a double standard that's sexist to both men and women. But a woman would put up with it, right? And a real man wouldn't? But men are sometimes the victim of domestic violence, and from what we know of this story, this man is as well. Your aunt didn't have any recorded injuries, while her bf needed stitches. The attitude about what men will and won't put up with does no one any favours when it comes to domestic violence awareness.

Have you ever been in an abusive relationship? Where you were threatened with your life if you left?? Yeah informing police or outside help of the situation sometimes gets you out alive but sometimes it doesn't. She may have been staying because she felt trapped or until she could figure something else out. Maybe he was abusing her that night and she did what she had to do to get away.

I have, yes. My father is also an alcoholic. So it's difficult to write this, because I know how hard it is to leave, and I hate when people blame the victim or fail to understand, and say "why didn't she just leave?" as if it were that easy. On the other hand, I had to work hard in therapy to understand my own role in the type of relationship I selected and why, and why I felt I had to stay in those relationships that hurt me; in order to change the pattern. Understanding how hard it is to leave is one thing, excusing any behaviour because someone stayed in a bad relationship gives them an excuse to never challenge their own behaviour patterns and an excuse to act just as badly, if not worse, than the original abuser. We're all responsible for our own behaviour, regardless of provocation.

There's no evidence yet that he was abusive, and while ending the relationship is the most dangerous time for a DV victim, it seems you and your mother aren't sure why she stayed - which suggests she wasn't making a get out plan. Going to law enforcement doesn't always work, no, but staying and hoping for the best rarely does either. About whether he was abusing her that night.. perhaps he was, verbally, perhaps it was a two way fight - but she has not a mark on her, and didn't accuse him of being the aggressor to the police at the time.

The story mentions a Spongebob snow shovel... are there children in the middle of this?

I am not defending her. I am informing you all that this is not a recurring problem for her. I'm informing you that he is an alcoholic and things get physical. And yes by staying with him she is not doing anything to get out of the situation or make it better. I am 26 and not defending her I am filling you in on what the news left out. Which they do often to get ratings. The news doesn't always tell the whole story. Which you would see if you looked at all the different stories of the incident....all stemmed from one story and all a little bit different. But the story you didn't hear was that she does have bruises all over her body. He was drunk as well, not just her and trying to kick her door in. He didn't have enough stiches that the doctor lost count. And last I was told he didn't have to have plastic surgery. That was just talk when he first came in.

My dad is an alcoholic as well. So I understand everything you are saying. Maybe I worded my posts wrong, I just wanted to let yall know there is more to the story then what these news sites reported. I am not defending or justifying her actions either. Yes I am saying she is not this person who bites people's chins off. Lol but that is because these news sites are making her seem like a crazy cannibal. But what she did was wrong. I just wanted you guys to know that being aggressive is not normal behavior for her.

I'm not sexist either.. I said man because that is who we were talking about.... what person would let someone walk up to them and start beating on them and get close enough to bite their chin off.. sorry if I seemed sexist but I am far from it.

Last edited:
We appreciate your insight into this case. As far as your aunt and the abuse, considering she also beat him with a baseball bat and two shovels, it sounds like mutual combat is common in that relationship. Considering she's been ordered to take a breathalyzer a twice a day, the courts obviously recognize that he isn't the only abusive drunk. In my book, they are equally culpable.
However, when u step up the level of your abuse to heinous, where the police report states they picked a piece of flesh up? That's IMO is when your aunt makes national news and it's no longer just DV.

ETA: just wanted to add that we understand your need to defend your aunt. She's family. You're young, so my advice is to use this situation as a warning for any future relationships u get into. :)

Last edited:
QUOTE: Well its my aunt. I didn't want to say anything till I called my mom to get the full story since I have been out if town and wasn't home to be filled in.

I do hope that BOTH of them get the help they obviously need. My mother had severe alcoholic parents who severely abused her until she ran away at 14 and never returned home. She then married a severely abusive alcoholic and after 30 years finally got rid of him. I know how it can affect people and see it on her still to this day along with me my and brother. I think that's why it's good open and honest about things such as this and have a few friends who know exactly what you are going through. DD kind allows me to compare my life with others and REALLY MAKES ME THANKFUL for the life I do have. I do not know what kept me from repeating my mother's choices but some how I was saved from all of that and reading some of these stories I know now I had to have a guardian Angel somewhere watching out for me. I hope your aunt finds her one too and some how finds her a new path to go down because where she's at now is not a good place for her. Good luck and Tis the Season for starting a new life reasons!!!

Back