• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2lw3y87.jpg

Found his pic but no names released yet​
A three-year-old boy who police allege was slapped and abandoned by his father at a bus stop was "very distraught," says the woman who took care of him for hours in a nearby liquor store
[...]
One of Lucy Ingram's customers told her
[...]
that a man had struck a boy in the face and boarded a bus without him. When she found the child, his feet were soaking wet and he was wearing swim trunks, a T-shirt, a summer jacket, a toque and one mitten.

"He came right to me, arms up, and I just picked him up and brought him across the street and into the store," said Ingram
[...]
"We were trying to get him to say anything, but he didn't say anything, not even a word for over an hour and a half."
[...]
recommending the Crown lay assault and child abandonment charges against the boy's father. The suspect has since been released with conditions and the boy has been safely reunited with his mother.
[...]
she and a coworker cared for the boy for four hours on Saturday, trying to cheer him up with iPhone games and toys, until workers with the Ministry of Children and Family Development arrived.
[...]
was touched by an outpouring of support after a customer posted the toddler's photo on her community Facebook page.

"The amount of people that came in just from the Facebook page to bring him teddy bears, little dinosaur toys... That perked him right up when he saw the dinosaur toys. From there on in his name was 'dinosaur.' That was all he would say,
[...]
Another customer drove home and came back with sweatpants and a hoodie for him to wear
[...]
Ingram said police came within the hour but the boy remained in the store until about 2:30 p.m. when ministry workers arrived. By that point she and her coworker had grown so attached to the little boy they had trouble saying goodbye
[...]
once the boy finally began talking, he asked for his mother.
[...]
Joe Johal said the suspect is a Surrey resident who is in his early 40s. Police are also recommending a theft charge because they allege he was caught on security video stealing three cans of juice from a nearby convenience store shortly before the alleged incident at the bus stop.
[...]
thanked witnesses who called police and circulated the boy's photo on social media, saying they helped officers swiftly identify the suspect and get him into custody on Saturday.

"A lot of people called and (there were) a lot of tips, and even the arrest that took place was due to a tip from a citizen who observed and called us,
[...]
Police felt it was safe to return the boy to the mother's care but the ministry will keep its file open
[...]
The investigation continues and police are still looking to speak with additional witnesses. No names have been released.

Ingram remains shaken by the incident. She said she feels "sick to her stomach" thinking about the boy being left alone at the stop.

"I just couldn't imagine," she said. "The thought of that being my grandson or my granddaughter or one of my daughters when they were small
[...]
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/police-3-old-boy-struck-face-abandoned-surrey-155636119.html

How frightening for that little sweetie. I'm always happy to hear of the many ways good samaritans help out. This child was so lucky good people cared for him. God bless them every
one.

Poor baby. How could he do that to this precious baby? Thankfully there were good people around to keep him safe.

If I was that that boy's Mommy, I would never let that sorry excuse for a Father anywhere near my son again. The “what-ifs” of this situation are terrifying. I wish these people would stop and think about what kind of effect their actions have on a child's developing psyche. He may have thought he was teaching the child a lesson about whining, or tantrums, but the only thing the little guy probably learned was that he can depend on nobody, he is not safe, if he is not perfect, Daddy will leave. Too bad Daddy didn't get hit by the bus.

It's really hard to get sole custody in Canada, you pretty much have to have police intervention and absolute proof of neglect, this douche canoe of a father just gave the mom all she needed to get it. Hopefully she takes this and uses it to better her child's life. If the sperm donor was willing to go this far in public, one can only imagine how he treated him in the privacy of their own home.

Wow what a derelict father. This boy wasn't even dressed to be out in the weather. So nice to hear about the goodness in people. Many stepped up to the plate to help this little guy. What a terrifying situation for him to be in. Those feelings of abandonment don't soon go away. I hope his mother is a better parent and that the father doesn't live in the home.

Back