• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sue sue

Take 6
415DF6D3-FADE-457F-A8C9-10B94BC28763_zpszqoaumhq.jpg
If you have the answer you can call the NOAA hotline at 1-800-853-1964. If you are the asshole that did this please take your gun and shoot your self.
The first dolphin that was fatally shot and was found three weeks ago in Choctawhatchee Bay near Miramar Beach. This was a pregant female who also had recently given birth. The dolphin's necropsy revealed she had suffered a fatal shot from a small caliber gun. The bullet ended up in the lung.
The second dolphin was fatally shot with an arrow. It was a good possibility that the dolphin was swimming around with an arrow in it for for for five days before he passed away. This dolphin was found in Orange Beach Alabama.
Dolphins are protected species and you will do time and be fined if you're caught harassing or killing them. I hope you like your ass in the federeal pen for one year. I also hope you pay the $100,000 fine too.

Okay people lets find this ass clown.

[QUOTETwo dead in three weeks – a rare occurrence, NOAA says. Both of them were fatally shot, one with a bullet and the other a hunting arrow.][/QUOTE]
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/27615675/reward-for-info-on-dolphin-deaths-rises-to-20k

http://m.nwfdailynews.com/local/noaa-seeks-help-with-dolphin-shooting-1.406003

Last edited:
That is disgusting. Dolphins are amazing animals.

My last day living in Florida was spent at the beach. I was on a boat when two dolphins appeared out of nowhere, swimming alongside and wanting to play. It was awesome.

I can't understand why anyone would ever want to harm them. :(

There should be a warning in the title of this thread. I don't get bothered by many pictures but the one in this thread does it for me.:(

I don't care if they're the most awful creatures anywhere, they still don't deserve to be slaughtered. Every living thing deserves to carry on in their own way without being hurt or killed just for the sake of doing it.

Dolphins are amazing animals.

Um no, they're not. They disgusting, vile, sick monsters of the sea. They sexually assault anything and everything, humans, other sea life, baby dolphins. It's well documented. Dolphins are not the sweet, peaceful, loving creatures the media makes them out to be. One of the more despicable animals in nature.

The culprits should be given a 20 grand reward. Bless them.

and wanting to play.

They likely wanted something more then that.

Thanks for the story and pics topic creator, i was feeling kinda down today.

@JackBurton - ascribing them qualities like "disgusting, vile, sick monsters" and "despicable animals" is as nonsensical as describing them as wonderful and luminous.

They're just animals. Ascribing morality to them is silly, and no better when demonising them than when chanting to them as marine angels. They just be doing what animals do, and it's great that we're at least getting a more balanced look at how they behave.

Morality and terms such as disgusting/vile/sick/despicable don't have to go hand in hand. I wasn't attributing any value based or moral characteristics to them. Some animals are sweet and peaceful, some do horrific, brutal things. Dolphins are among the latter category.

He does have a point there are many creatures in the animal kingdom that are thought of as cute and cuddly. Dolphins being one of them. Then there are chimpanzees that are usually depicted has cuddly creature but they are not. Males are known to roam in groups and attack females with young. They will kill the infant chimpanzee and breed with the female to continue their genetics.

It's only fairly recently discovered that chimps will also hunt smaller species of monkey at times, chase them down, then tear them apart and eat them. I don't recommend watching the video clips, the terrified faces and screams of the smaller monkeys are quite distressing. Also, ducks are such rapey bastards that the male and females have an evolutionary war going on when it comes to how their genitalia develop. (Worth reading about, for the curious.)

Animals of almost all species do "horrible" things, and things that seem altruistic at times. My point was that no creature is "good" or "bad"; they're just animals, doing what happens in nature. It's a flaw in the human brain that stereotypes everything, from other people to animals, and then acts shocked when the reality of nature hits home.

Dolphins are dolphins. They do assholeish things, they also sometimes save swimmers. They form strong social groups and have a 'culture' of sorts. But they'll also rape babies, and kill other dolphins. They're predatory mammals, so that shouldn't be surprising, but it is if you view nature as cuddly and dolphins as blessed angels of the sea that look cute as a tattoo. It doesn't mean that everything we already know about them is wrong, it means you have to open that schema wider and accommodate the fact that they're more complex than that.

I only commented because Jack's post used a lot of loaded words, and as I said, saying dolphins are evil is just the other side of the coin as people saying they're wonderful and praying to them. Jack cleared up what he meant though. I back up AZ in saying that they're amazing creatures though, the more we learn about them, the more complex they are. That's fascinating.

Regardless of all that, whoever is killing them in the linked story isn't doing it because "dolphins are assholes and deserve it", and isn't killing them for food. They're not justified in interfering with nature just because dolphins can be dicks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-dolphin-washed-shot-ARROW-Gulf-Mexico.html

An underage suspect has confessed to killing a dolphin in the northern Gulf of Mexico by shooting it with a bow and arrow.

The dolphin, with a yellow-feathered arrow embedded in itsside, washed ashore on Orange Beach, Alabama, over the weekend,according to a news release from the National Oceanic andAtmospheric Administration (NOAA), whose law enforcementofficers are investigating.

As the suspect is a juvenile, authorities are not identifying them or the charges they may be facing.

Back