• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
10omq6o.jpg
2i1i4vr.jpg
Stephen van Lonkhuyzen, 37, (left) and his boys Ethan, 7, and Timothy, 5, (right) went missing on a road trip
[....]
father and his two young sons have vanished without a trace during a road trip stretching across Queensland.

Stephen van Lonkhuyzen, 37, and his boys Ethan, 7, and Timothy, 5, left their home
[...]
about midnight on December 11 bound for a holiday in Cairns, about 1700km away.

They were due to arrive on December 15
[...]
Police say Mr Lonkhuyzen contacted his wife at Taroom on December 11 after he and his sons travelled inland to do some sightseeing.
[....]
concerns for their whereabouts as it is totally out of character for them not to make regular contact with family,'
[....]
The family are travelling in a white Mitsubishi Pajero with registration 426MCZ and are towing a trailer.
[...]
believed the car was last filled with fuel at Miles on December 11.
SOURCE
http://www.hotheadlines.com.au/redirect.php?artid=3668489

That's a whole week they've been missing. I hope they are found safe...and no harm has come to them. I wonder if they have had an accident that hasn't yet been discovered.

Outback search underway for father and his two young sons, missing for more than a week after starting out on a Christmas road trip across Queensland
  • Stephen van Lonkhuyzen, 37, and his boys Ethan, 7, and Timothy, 5, left their home at Lota, in Brisbane's east, about midnight on December 11
  • The trio were due to arrive in Cairns on December 15 but never did
  • They are travelling in a white Mitsubishi Pajero with registration 426MCZ and towing a trailer
  • Police say many outback roads have been cut because of flooding and swollen creeks
  • It is believed the car was last filled with fuel at Miles on December 11
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...stmas-road-trip-Queensland.html#ixzz3MV4NUjL4

Maybe they'll be located through Dad's cell phone, or, if it's a newer vehicle, LoJack or OnStar. I just hope they're okay, and home in time for Christmas.

If they were travelling from Brisbane to Cairns and truly got lost in the Outback, they took a few really wrong turns on what should have been a straight-up-the-coast route. One way or another, these boys are likely dead, I'm sad to say.

Father and his two boys, seven and five, found alive and well after going missing in the outback for TEN days
  • Stephen Van Lonkhuyzen, 37, and his boys Ethan, 7, and Timothy, 5, have been found alive and well
  • The trio were missing for ten days after setting out on a 1700km Christmas holiday road trip from Brisbane to Cairns
  • They were found in their 'severely bogged' car at Exhibition National Park in central Queensland by a remote property owner
  • Aside from being 'extremely hungry', Mr Van Lonkhuyze are believed to be in good health
  • Police arrived at the location on Sunday evening but are unlikely to help relocate the family until Monday
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hristmas-holiday-road-trip.html#ixzz3MbCSXnbj

Fantastic news - was just reading in another link that they survived on water droplets from the car tarpaulin/roof and didn't leave the vehicle , enabling them to be found easier than if they had wandered after being stuck .

Great news for once !

Woo hoo I had little hope of them making it out of this one alive. I've seen movies about the outback out there and it's some scary shit.

Back