• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
(Fairly) quick story. I was raised in Jersey (culturally/ religiously diverse) and moved in my late teens to a tiny town in SC. I made friends, and discovered tht some didn't like me because I was a "Yankee" :eek: Whatever. So at school mostly everyone is friendly to each other. I made a close friend and one day she stopped speaking to me. I start realizing a few more are ignoring me. Wtf? Someone finally informed me that my friends mother had seen me in town (read: not in school) talking to a black guy and told said friend to stay the hell away from me. :jawdrop: I earned a nasty racial slur nickname .

So I was shocked first, then pissed, but I moved on. A month or two later, I had two friends over who happened to be black and we were making cookies. Another friend came by, stopped in my doorway, and stared. She whispered to me "does your dad know u have a black guy in your house?!" as my dad came out of the bathroom, as if to say if my friend was outside it wouldn't be as bad. She then said "your mom and dad are talking to him!" Um, yes, he is not invisible....
Three weeks later, one of those friends had a note taped to his car that said "tell that fucking Yankee we don't do that shit or y'all hang"
The cops searched really hard to find out who left it:sarcasm:. This was 1998, ffs!

Someone asked if they were aware that their relationship is taboo. They would be reminded every time they were in public together.
It is truly, truly disturbing.

Last edited:
Sounds pretty awful. Actually, it sounds a whole lot like what African Americans have been going through for pretty much ever. Without the "lover" after the N-word, of course.

Seriously, I'm not busting your chops, McDanel. I know swimming upstream can be very rough. Some people can do it, and some people can't.

LOL, you couldn't bust my Civil Rights chops if you tried. I became aware of the falsehood of racism the moment I was first indoctrinated at about age 4-5, too long a story for here, but I was the one called "n-----lover.

I read "Black Like Me" at age 11 maybe, and was thrilled by the author's heroism. He faced death threats for documenting life as a black person traveling in the south, the epic struggles in such things as simply finding a place to pee. He enlisted a Dr. in his plan, and took the medication for vilitigo (SP?) and would lie under a sunlamp turning himself apparently black.

It's not in fashion right now to mention the white people in the Civil Rights movement, some were activists, some just common decent people. A number even gave their lives in horrible ways.

None the less, we're both old enough to realize that noble behavior is a rarity in human nature. Regardless of what one may think or feel, risk is another step removed.

(Fairly) quick story. I was raised in Jersey (culturally/ religiously diverse) and moved in my late teens to a tiny town in SC. I made friends, and discovered tht some didn't like me because I was a "Yankee" :eek: Whatever. So at school mostly everyone is friendly to each other. I made a close friend and one day she stopped speaking to me. I start realizing a few more are ignoring me. Wtf? Someone finally informed me that my friends mother had seen me in town (read: not in school) talking to a black guy and told said friend to stay the hell away from me. :jawdrop: I earned a nasty racial slur nickname .

So I was shocked first, then pissed, but I moved on. A month or two later, I had two friends over who happened to be black and we were making cookies. Another friend came by, stopped in my doorway, and stared. She whispered to me "does your dad know u have a black guy in your house?!" as my dad came out of the bathroom, as if to say if he was outside it wouldn't be as bad. She then said "your mom and dad are talking to him!" Um, yes, he is not invisible....
Three weeks later, one of those friends had a note taped to his car that said "tell that fucking Yankee we don't do that shit or y'all hang"
The cops searched really hard to find out who left it:sarcasm:. This was 1998, ffs!

Someone asked if they were aware that their relationship is taboo. They would be reminded every time they were in public together.
It is truly, truly disturbing.

I live out west now, but yes the cultural civil war is still on in the east, seriously.

Last edited:
LOL, you couldn't bust my Civil Rights chops if you tried. I became aware of the falsehood of racism the moment I was first indoctrinated at about age 4-5, too long a story for here, but I was the one called "n-----lover.

I read "Black Like Me" at age 11 maybe, and was thrilled by the author's heroism. He faced death threats for documenting life as a black person traveling in the south, the epic struggles in such things as simply finding a place to pee. He enlisted a Dr. in his plan, and took the medication for vilitigo (SP?) and would lie under a sunlamp turning himself apparently black.

It's not in fashion right now to mention the white people in the Civil Rights movement, some were activists, some just common decent people. A number even gave their lives in horrible ways.

None the less, we're both old enough to realize that noble behavior is a rarity in human nature. Regardless of what one may think or feel, risk is another step removed.

I'm sorry. I phrased that wrong. There was truly no offense intended, although I can see how some could be taken.

Ive been watching American Freedom Riders
an African American life and history on PBS here since Thursday
am amazed everytime I see some of the stuff thats gone on

Last edited:
How heart breaking that your child is murdered and nobody does shit or investigates. They must feel so helpless :( What can you possible do if the cops won't even fuckn help you?!?

Also gross that a 31yr old would be dating a 17yr old!!

Toni Morrison actually made a good point when she was on the Colbert show. Skin color, is not your "race". Humanity is a race. Your skin color means nothing except you got more pigmentation in your skin than the next guy.
So if you're a racist wouldn't that mean you hate another race? Coz to hate another ethnicity would be an ethnicist?
Does any of the above make sense... I'm stoned.

Toni Morrison actually made a good point when she was on the Colbert show. Skin color, is not your "race". Humanity is a race. Your skin color means nothing except you got more pigmentation in your skin than the next guy.
So if you're a racist wouldn't that mean you hate another race? Coz to hate another ethnicity would be an ethnicist?
Does any of the above make sense... I'm stoned.

Yeah. It does.

Tight-knit town of Bladenboro in North Carolina becomes center of furor after hanging death of teen
The population is roughly 80% white and 18% black, and the sleepy Southern town was once home to a textile mill, a sawmill and a logging business. Now there’s a mobile home park where 17-year-old Lennon Lacy’s body was found hanging nearly four months ago.
6e24ac.jpg

Pierre Lacy and Claudia Lacy, brother and mother of Lennon Lacy, 17, demand answers in the teen's suspicious death.​
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/bladenboro-n-center-furor-teen-hanged-article-1.2044504

I'm clearly very naive I really couldn't imagine this sort of blatant racism in this day in age. I'm just shocked.... Well I'm disgusted too.
I'd like to hear about this gf... Why is any woman in their 30's banging a 17 year old? Did she know he's only 17? Did she know that their relationship would cause him trouble?
there was another case in Texas recently that when I heard of it knew the guy had been murdered. First: he had disappeared cops wouldn't look for him. Had a white wife and a coupke of little kida, he was black. Then hew his found all nearly naked and multilated sherriffs said he did this crap to himself high on drugs. Parents and wife freak and try to get DOJ involved. Turned out he had been having an affair with the sherriffs daughter too, so I'm thinkin not just good ole boy lychin but cop assisted lynching, they'd ripped out his eyes and God knows what else

As I read through the comments I'm floored at the racism that people have seen/experienced. I'm in AZ, I've never experienced this.
My grandma was also born & raised in AZ, she went to visit my grandfather in VA or WV (can't remember) in 1956 when he was stationed there. She accidentally drank off a "colored" drinking fountain, she didn't even know back then that there was such segregation. Being a 19 yr old 50's housewife I'm not sure how much of the world news she read. But everyone looked at her like she was a monster & it took her a few minutes to see the sign after being confused about the looks she was given.

So......we know the leash, belt & shoes could be tested for prints/DNA, is it safe to assume that's never going to happen now? And if it was they either wiped it clean or destroyed the evidence.
I also assume if a white person killed this boy & was sent away for it that the boys family would have to move fore their own safety.

I became aware of the falsehood of racism the moment I was first indoctrinated at about age 4-5

Me, too. I already had the truth in my heart, but then they sealed it by sending me to Sunday School where I learned the Jesus loves all the children of all colors. When I heard that I knew that was the truth, because it was what I felt in my little heart. Later, I was also part of the struggle for civil rights.

I didn't have to read The Freedom Riders' stories. I watched them live. THIS was what inspired me and is still a memory I use when I get uber pissed off and want to do bad things to people.

Courage, faith in something greater and a willingness to give your life for your cause makes you pretty awesome. I remember Dr King saying that we must also pray for our sick white brothers and sisters; so that they may be healed of the awful disease of racism. Now I'm getting all maudlin. Don't care.

I didn't have to read The Freedom Riders' stories. I watched them live. THIS was what inspired me and is still a memory I use when I get uber pissed off and want to do bad things to people.

Courage, faith in something greater and a willingness to give your life for your cause makes you pretty awesome. I remember Dr King saying that we must also pray for our sick white brothers and sisters; so that they may be healed of the awful disease of racism. Now I'm getting all maudlin. Don't care.
sad thing is all that happened before I was born
and now here I am with 3 grands and its still happening
why??
I don't get it
I was raised EVERYONES the same and I raised my kids the same way

So the cradle robbing bitch was never questioned nor were his foot prints prior to his demise. One more racist place to avoid on my excursions around the USA. I hope this family gets some answers and justice. No one deserves to have their loved one treated as if they are not important at death sad just sad.

It's sad that four months later, the FBI have to step in because the local law is just too damned racist to give a proper shit about his death.

The things that throws me off are the shoes found on his body and his death appearing as a suicide. Why was he in someone else's shoes? Did his killers not want anyone to notice missing shoes? My understanding of lynchings is that the act is a murderous demoralizing public message directed to the black community. If this were a lynching, why would those involved bother to put different shoes on his feet? Why would they hide their message of hatred with the implication that he killed himself?

It's possible whoever killed Lennon Lacy counted on the local law to not dig too deep into a black suicide so they could get away with murder.

Local officials calling this a suicide is a slap in the face to this young man's family. I hope every officer, official and whoever had the balls to put suicide on paper as his manner of death all answer for their grossly antiquated personal views that obviously carry over to their entrusted jobs of civil servants.
Pieces of shit, every one of them.

6i9wlw.jpg

Belief: Michelle Brimhall says she believes her relationship with Lennon Lacy could have cost him his life
EXCLUSIVE: White girlfriend, 31, of 'lynched' 17-year-old Lennon Lacy says she believes their relationship led to his murder - and reveals she was warned not to date a black man in 'Crackertown'
  • Lennon Lacy, 17, was founded hanged from a swing set in Bladenboro, North Carolina and initially believed to have committed suicide
  • But his family are convinced he was actually murdered and the FBI is now investigating a lynching
  • Now his white girlfriend, 14 years his senior, has broken her silence to speak about their relationship in a town she says was 'racist'
  • Michelle Brimhall, 31, has left North Carolina for Illinois, saying she does not feel safe in the town
  • 'Neighbors had told me they were against inter-racial relationships and it was "not right" me being with a black guy,' she tells DailyMail.com
  • His family did not approve of their relationship but she denies claims she is a drug addict or that she was having his child
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...date-black-man-Crackertown.html#ixzz3MK1xh5ER

I dont care about age differences
except on this kinda age span
when you have been married and have 3 kids
wtf can a boy do for you?
Aside from the cougar sex
he has nothing going in his life yet
barely graduated high school
no career going etc
Really its selfish to even have him in a relationship
He is a kid that needs to live a little bit
and not someone almost old enough to be his mom
my son brought home a 32 year old Id fucking kick his ass after I did hers
I find her disgusting
and surely not worth losing his life over
when she got threats if nothing else she shouldve told him to stay away
not because of the race factor but because of the age
JMHO
I am much younger then my husband and that was hard enough for people to accept but it wasnt like he was old man
I was 15 he was 21 when we started out

I stayed in Greenville, SC for six weeks when I was nine. Absolutely loved it, everyone was friendly and they all seemed rich to me lol. I knew nothing about racism, the fighting in my country was all about religion and politics. I'm thirty four now and I've never had a conversation with a black person. At the most it's a quick hello or just a nod of the head. Since the ceasefire there are a lot more visitors here, so seeing different coloured faces is becoming more common.

Now that I'm older of course I realise that racism has always been rampant in SC, and the family I stayed with weren't rich lol. They told me at the time they were poor for Americans, but I didn't believe them. I thought all Americans were rich when I was wee.

The too small shoes says a lot I think, like someone shoved them on his feet, maybe when he was already dead. I have an almost eighteen year old son and I'd be very unhappy about him seeing a woman in her thirties, no matter what her race or religion. I'd probably pay her a wee visit.

my son brought home a 32 year old Id fucking kick his ass after I did hers
I find her disgusting
That's how I look at it. What would I do if that were my son in just a couple of years?

And also as a woman not too much older than her, I find the thought of dating a teenager, a 17 year old, skeevy. While not illegal it is gross. And honestly I think not good for the 17 year old, it's having him enter a "world" that he's not ready for, your typical 17 year old boy isn't ready to be a father figure to 3 kids or handle the adult problems that a 31 year old divorcee could have.

That's how I look at it. What would I do if that were my son in just a couple of years?

And also as a woman not too much older than her, I find the thought of dating a teenager, a 17 year old, skeevy. While not illegal it is gross. And honestly I think not good for the 17 year old, it's having him enter a "world" that he's not ready for, your typical 17 year old boy isn't ready to be a father figure to 3 kids or handle the adult problems that a 31 year old divorcee could have.

But the age difference was not why he was killed......

And I doubt it was the only reason his family was against the relationship..... I think they feared something exactly like what happened. :(

exactly what I was trying to say
theres just no place for a woman that age with a boy
Im sorry to me he is a child still
what the hell about a kid that age can turn you on
to where you strike up a relationship?
I have never and will never understand that kinda cougar thinking when it comes to teen boys
older guys in their 20s and with older women... knock yourself out that doesnt bother me
I personally like guys older
but 17 and with a woman in her 30s shes borderline pedo
In my book she is one
but thats just my opinion
maybe if she was pretty I could see what he saw
right now as I see it he was getting a piece of ass
I dont think he saw her as a girlfriend
he was getting laid and when a pretty girl more his age came along he wouldve dumped this one in a heart beat

This woman is disgusting. I was hoping he at least was spending his last days on earth banging a hot white woman, but this thing? Sick. I don't buy she wasn't a drug user, nasty lookin skank. Def vile and bizarre for a woman even in her 20s to be dating a highschool kid, shit even a college age kid is prettty "off" as far as i'm concerned. The differences in maturity levels and where each individual is(or SHOULD be) in their lives is so immense. What is there to relate to with one another, to do together? It's fucking weird.

Why was he in someone else's shoes?

Perhaps he was in his girlfriends home(or someone elses) when the attack or a chase initially occurred. He may have thrown on some shoes in a hurry and either didn't care that he had the wrong ones cuz he needed to book it, or he didn't have time to change into his own.

He also may have owned some very nice, expensive shoes. The killers could have stolen them. If they intended for this to look like a suicide, they may have thought leaving him with missing shoes might draw attention to other possibilities. Throwing their own kicks on it, in their dipshit minds, could have seemed like the smart move.

Also brings up another question, was this a lynching? Could they have merely thought they'd have a better chance of getting away with murder if they, however half assed it may have been, made it look like a suicide?

I would think it'd be easy to tell if the deceased had been in any type of scuffle. He'd have more injuries/wounds if something was forced around his neck and he was forcibly hung than if he had merely done it himself. I suppose if there's a gun to your head you may let someone tie your neck up and all that, but i'd think even then at some point a struggle would ensue.

Whtever the fuck happened, it's shocking the cops didn't thoroughly investigate, or investigate at all for that matter. The folks running that dept need to lose their jobs.

Latest posts

Back