• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

JackBurton

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Never bothered to learn how to properly quote/summarize, so deal with it, or fix it for me(for which i'd change tune and show gratitude and humility). Here's a brief rundown. Back in 2011 a cop in what i assume is a shit-stain area of Oklahoma(which doesn't narrow down the setting too much when it comes to Oklahoma, what a cesspool) violently handled some poor bloke who was arrested for the ungodly, shocking crime of public drunkenness, got fired, lawyered up, and now has his job back and possibly more....

http://www.tulsaworld.com/communiti...cle_0bd72bfe-dadb-56a2-a4d3-8f41e12d4ba5.html

"OWASSO — Back pay owed to a police officer who was fired in 2011 and then reinstated remains under negotiation

The City Council will address the issue of Lt. Mike Denton’s back pay via a budget amendment that could go before the City Council at its Dec. 16 meeting, Lehr said.

Denton, who was reinstated by the courts after being fired in November 2011 for violating the Police Department’s use-of-force policy, went back to work Sept. 22, said Michele Dempster, Owasso’s director of human resources.

“He’s put back into the exact same role that he left under, which means that he is a lieutenant over a patrol shift,” Police Chief Scott Chambless said.

In January 2013, Tulsa County Associate District Judge Dana Kuehn had found that an arbitrator-ordered reinstatement of Denton would pose “a special risk of injury, physical and psychological, to citizens and, if he is allowed reinstatement, the department will be faced with explaining why Owasso allows abusive conduct by its officers, which is against the law.”

In the appellate court decision that reversed Kuehn’s ruling, Presiding Judge Larry Joplin wrote the majority opinion.

“We hold the cited criminal statutes establish no public policy impediment to enforcement of the arbitrator’s decision setting aside Denton’s termination and reinstating him to the employment,” Joplin wrote. “The trial court erred in vacating the arbitrator’s decision as contrary to public policy.”"

There's a vid in the link, but this one gives better view of the elbows...

This somehow doesn't, "rise to the level of excessive force within the meaning of existing case law.”" Whatever the fuck that means. Any lawyer types here, please shed some light on it for me/us, but as far as i can make out it means in the beautiful pit of Oklahoma, nearly ripping a cuffed drunks arms out of their sockets, beating him bloody, and elbowing him in the face, isn't excessive ENOUGH to warrant removing a cop from being in a position to do whatever the fuck he chooses to society at large. Fucking scary there's acceptable levels of police brutality. Fucking ridiculous. Wonder what a cop has to do to actually get fired.

Now before anyone starts thinkin i'm a bleeding heart, i'd like to make clear that this suspect no doubt is a rotten degenerate piece of shit himself. Getting wasted, causing a scene(i assume), no doubt disrupting the lives of his friends/family/neighbors/etc. with his drunken or whatever dipshittery, spitting at cops, whatever the fuck else he likely did, all culminates in me not really giving a shit about him in the slightest. That said, him being a lowly scumbag in no way gives police the right to abuse him like this. This type of disgusting, dangerous behavior is shocking and should never go unpunished. It could be me or someone i care about getting this treatment next time. If you're too stupid, too rude, too hot-headed, too easily angered, that you can't deal with your customers, find another line of work. That applies as much to cops as it does your pimply faced dipshit, fuck your order up then give you an attitude when you call him out on it, slime fast food worker(which coincidentally is exactly where this fucktard SHOULD be working now).

And the courts decisions in the case is prob more vile and irresponsible then the actions of the force officer, i mean law enforcement officer, himself. There will always be scumbags and criminals in any and all lines of work, just the nature of things. We need the courts to have our backs when this shit happens, that's the oversight, that's our one and only protection. Even the dept. initially did the right thing it seems and fired the guy, he whined a bit, lawyered up, and now he's right back where he was before. This wasn't some "grand jury refused to indict" or "prosecutor refuses to charge scumbag cop with the one crime he no doubt would be found guilty of" type of deal, this is a court saying "fuck the rights of the public, fuck the rights of the dept itself in handling these matters, this guy used unnecessary force and abused a prisoner and we don't give a shit about it, give him his fucking job back".

Makes me want to fucking vomit.

Here's an article where he whines about his side of the story. It apparently wasn't an elbow, it was the back part of his arm. Of course, that COMPLETELY changes everything. And it was cuz he thought the guy was about to spit? Ah ok, fair enough. They don't have special masks for that or any other means of dealing with it, like merely turning the suspect toward a wall, bashing his face makes perfect sense. I've hit several people in the face over the years and it's not like spit/blood often shoots out when hard blows to the mouth(hah) occur.

Lying scumbag...

http://www.newson6.com/story/18996114/owasso-cop-fired-for-excessive-force-speaks-out-about-video

"People want to think I'm some rogue cop. No!" Denton said.

Denton said he didn't smack a handcuffed, drunken suspect with his elbow because the guy was running his mouth.

Denton said he was protecting himself.

"The guy was getting ready to spit on me," Denton said. "That's why I did what I did. It's a defensive tactic; it's self defense."

"He says his words, you can see him collecting in his mouth, as he progresses forward, he looks down and to the left; then you can hear him go 'whoop,'" Denton said.

Denton said he used the back part of his arm - not the actual elbow - to hit suspect, Bryan Spradlin's face three times.

"There's nothing punitive about it," Denton said. "All it is, is to distract him to make him not think about what he was going to do. I'm not going to let him spit on me."

Hate to see the defensive(aka offensive) means this cop utilizes to deal with other perceived slights he encounters on the street.

Aside from the elbow to the jaw three times I really didn't see anything wrong with how he was treated. Get up and walk you sack of shit or get carried into the friggin station.
That being said, I can't for the life of me understand why this cop would ever get his job back and frankly should be charged with battery.

Actually, it makes perfect sense in Owasso. It's quite an uppity city with more than its share of "Betty Lou better than you" types, especially since Garth Brooks became popular back in the day. One of my bio idiot's sisters is his dentist. They do not tolerate the unholy, unwashed masses.

Last edited:
Aside from the elbow to the jaw three times I really didn't see anything wrong with how he was treated. Get up and walk you sack of shit or get carried into the friggin station.
That being said, I can't for the life of me understand why this cop would ever get his job back and frankly should be charged with battery.

While on the ground you can see the officer forcing his arms down in a very awkward and dangerous manner. Totally unnecessary and excessive. That alarms me more then the elbows honestly, as that's the type of shit that's run of the mill for cops and most people wouldn't bat an eye at yet it could cause some far more damaging injuries then some shots to the mouth. You ever tear your shoulder up? That very often is forever life altering and in a BAD way. Now i understand causing discomfort so as to dissuade a suspect from fighting with you, but i don't trust for a second this cop was merely doing that and not trying to cause outright pain just cuz he's in a pissy mood. I don't trust for a second this cop would think twice about callously wrenching someones arms to the point where his life will never be the same. I don't trust that there aren't a shit ton of other cops out there just like this guy.

I got not beef with him being carried, although i'm sure there was no effort made not to "tap" boots to body as they're stepping with him or touch a wall or two during the travel.

While on the ground you can see the officer forcing his arms down in a very awkward and dangerous manner. Totally unnecessary and excessive. That alarms me more then the elbows honestly, as that's the type of shit that's run of the mill for cops and most people wouldn't bat an eye at yet it could cause some far more damaging injuries then some shots to the mouth. You ever tear your shoulder up? That very often is forever life altering and in a BAD way. Now i understand causing discomfort so as to dissuade a suspect from fighting with you, but i don't trust for a second this cop was merely doing that and not trying to cause outright pain just cuz he's in a pissy mood. I don't trust for a second this cop would think twice about callously wrenching someones arms to the point where his life will never be the same. I don't trust that there aren't a shit ton of other cops out there just like this guy.

I got not beef with him being carried, although i'm sure there was no effort made not to "tap" boots to body as they're stepping with him or touch a wall or two during the travel.
You should write this up for the FP...

I totally have no ulterior motives here.

*whistles*

Back