• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
51vps4.jpg

Richardson's husband died in 2013, but she continued to run the thriving trucking company.​
Kristi Richardson's tidy home was undisturbed when police arrived on Oct. 7 -- the front door deadbolted, both cars in the garage and the recently-widowed trucking executive's purse where she always left it. But there was no sign of the 61-year-old grandmother that day or since, and her disappearance has left loved ones and law enforcement
[..]
stumped.
[...]
family is convinced Richardson met with foul play, but police say there's not enough evidence yet to classify her disappearance a crime.

"The hard part of this case is that she is literally the only thing missing from her home," Capt. Steve Freel
[...]
"This is truly going back to 1950s police work."

Richardson, the longtime owner of a trucking business in Casper, was last seen on Oct. 6 when she drove to her daughter's home -- on the same block -- to drop off a birthday card and visit her grandchildren. Phone records show that later that day, at 7:45 p.m., Richardson took a routine phone call from one of her drivers.
[...]
next call to Richardson's phone, at 11 p.m. and from a vendor that does business with Richardson Trucking, went unanswered.
When Richardson did not show up for work the next morning, her 41-year-old daughter, Amber Fazio, entered her home using a spare garage door opener. No one was home, and the house was undisturbed, according to Fazio. In addition to the purse, which held Richardson's ID and $800 cash, Fazio told
[...]
her mother's cellphone was in the home.

"Nothing was disturbed," Fazio recalled the morning she entered the home searching for her mother. "Her front door is a dead bolt so that’s the only way you can unlock it. Quite a few sliding glass doors within the house were all locked.
[...]
no sign at all of forced entry."

Freel said he is looking at several possibilities, including that Richardson might have been targeted by a current or former employee of Richardson Trucking, a well-known trucking company she owned with her late husband
[....]
Freel said detectives are also investigating employees at competing companies in the investigation, noting that a booming oil and gas industry has brought an influx of people and new businesses to the area. But he still can't say that a crime has even been committed.

"Do we suspect foul play? Absolutely, but we're also keeping an open mind,"
[...]
"Was there somebody else she left with? Was she taken against her will? We’re looking across the board at all the possibilities."

Crime is low in the central Wyoming city of 55,000.
[..]
Freel noted that the burgeoning local oil and gas industry has brought a host of strangers to the state's second-largest city.

"Wyoming right now is booming,"
[...]
"The crime rate in Casper is not high but we've seen quite an increase over the last six months."

"It's become a lot higher and a lot more violent,"
[...]
noting the city has had seven stabbings or shootings over the past six months.

Richardson's family
[...]
is offering a $25,000 reward for any information leading to her whereabouts. Fazio is convinced her mother and grandmother of five is the victim of foul play.

"I think that someone has her or had her," Fazio told
[...]
"I don’t think that she did this on her own."

"She never left the house without using her car,"
[...]
"My gut tells me that someone was there before she got home."

Richardson's husband died in 2013. Fazio said that when her father once suggested retiring from the business and moving
[....]
her mother remained committed to running the company they had founded 35 years ago.

"She's very strong-willed in running that trucking company,"
[...]
"It was her life."
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/12/no-trace-mystery-surrounds-disappearance-wyoming-grandmother/
KristiRichardson1.jpg
Richardson, center, wearing a yellow shirt, was last seen Oct. 6 in Casper
@cubby

Thanks Whisper for posting this for me, you're the greatest.

I hope they find her safe and sound but odds are she's already dead, probably someone with a grudge against her and/or the trucking company.

Police stumped after wealthy grandmother, 61, vanished from home two months ago without her purse or cell phone
  • Kristi Richardson was last seen on October 6 when she visited her granddaughters close to her home in Casper, Wyoming
  • When she failed to go to work the next day, her daughter went to her house and found her purse still on the kitchen counter and the doors locked
  • The only thing that was missing was an opener for the garage
  • Authorities say they suspect foul play but they do not have enough evidence to say a crime occurred
  • She was the owner of a successful truck company so they are looking into her customers, employees and competing companies, cops said
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2871711/Police-stumped-grandmother-61-vanished-home-two-months-ago-without-purse-cell-phone.html#ixzz3Ll0M2opK

She doesn't look very healthy in those pictures, especially the one from October 6th, she looks like she may have a pretty serious physical illness.

I agree with the daughter. I believe someone was in the home when she returned from her daughter's house...she went in...set her purse and phone down...started to settle in...then wham the person presented themselves or she discovered them. The person forced her out of the home. I don't recall reading that her vehicle was missing. So maybe the perp tied her up or subdued her somehow...left and went to get a vehicle...if that's the case the perp lives nearby.Because I don't believe Ms. Richardson would have entered her home if she noticed a strange vehicle at her home...unless of course she knew the individual and didn't fear them... She was targeted. Someone that knew she lived alone. It's obvious robbery was NOT a motive. Nothing taken from home and she had quite a sum of cash in her purse. I've tackled this so many different ways. I hope we find out what happened to her.
I'm sorry this happened to her...but the mystery of it all fascinates me. :popcorn:

Thanks Whisper for posting this for me, you're the greatest.

I hope they find her safe and sound but odds are she's already dead, probably someone with a grudge against her and/or the trucking company.
and someone she knew and trusted, this is tragic

She doesn't look very healthy in those pictures, especially the one from October 6th, she looks like she may have a pretty serious physical illness.
probably just grief and stress. It's hard running a company especially one like that for anyone more so for a woman more so at her age. That's the type of business where the employees would be more likely to challenge someone in her position

Cases like this are so sad and frustrating. People don't vanish into air. I hope this is solved soon, but the chance of finding her alive doesn't look good.

Back