• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Beantown Bitch

So recently i had to move and now rent a room from my X and it's great. I'm up in the mountains now. Anyway, i watch CM because i love it. He says i'm obsessed with all this crime and murder stuff. Aggravates me. I have always wanted to do somethng in forensics and he knows that. I love CM , and all those others shows on id discovery, dateline, etc. I can remember reading those old detective magazines they used to sell. I just love mystery sand stuff like this. It's not a a bad thing yet he is trying to make me feel as if it is.
He says it's unhealthy. LOL. C.monnn now. He then throws in the "you" of all people shouldn't be watching that crap.... {i had a brother that was murdered}. I had a love for it before he was killed so i don't find that a reason. Does there have to be a reason anyway?? I just like it. Plain and simple. So, i guess we are all obsessed then! hhaaaa

I think CM is the most watched show in this house. Getting into the psych profiles of killers is more interesting than all the CSI shows which usually have at least one disgusting scene per episode.

When Bones is on, I joke that we're watching our dog's favorite show.

My daughter like CM too and so we watch it a lot! She's only 8 so I am impressed she can follow it pretty easily. For some reason she hates Law and Order though. Did you guys see the Season Finale (of CM) I thought it was really good.

I loooove this show - even when it's obvious the stuff they are representing is exaggerated. Makes you think outside the box & keeps you on your toes!

I've just started watching s2 it much better than I thought, admittedly I only started watching because of Paget Brewster.

I'll def watch the 3 Mandy Patinkin seasons

The only thing that drives crazy is those presentations to local cops & such, they all take a turn so everyone gets a line. Did they rehearse that on the plane trip? Plus Hotch being a wet blanket, I find him so flat.

Guess you could be out shaking your stuff instead right?? IMO I'd much rather my hubster be on FB and watching sports then out and about on the hunt. Also different things interest different people for different reasons....I have an investigative mind and I am very passionate about finding the truth to either point out someone's lack of honesty, save someone from further hurt, or to solve a crime. It's about the truth, and you doing all the work to get to that truth.

I'm binge watching this show on Netflix, currently. I love cop shows (NYPD Blue being my favorite) and this one is one of the best. They take time to develop the characters.

And CLouise, I love Hotch. He's my favorite on the show.

My daughter asked me the other day who would I marry from the show, I said Spencer Reid and she said "me too" hahahahaha!

Yes. It has only been less then a year since someone introduced me to CM, and I am now hooked. Since I only have watched the reruns on A&E and ION, they are out of order, but that's OK. My favorite was Gideon, but the current cast is still great. It has encouraged me, as an investigator, to try and learn more about profiling and victimology.

I'm binge watching this show on Netflix, currently. I love cop shows (NYPD Blue being my favorite) and this one is one of the best. They take time to develop the characters.
And CLouise, I love Hotch. He's my favorite on the show.
Its a great show to binge watch, I watched up to mid s8 & lost interest.

CM writers do a decent job from the beginning of not making the characters clichés, I think they're all pretty credible but Hotch & Morgan (JJ to some extent), I just don't find as interesting or dynamic.

Emily is my favourite, by far, then Rossi.

I've not watched many cop shows, I've finished Hannibal and just starting The Wire.

Gideon was my favorite, and I miss him. To me, Morgan is less believable, but I do still like him. I even like Penelope and Kevin. The only person I have ever disliked, was on only a few times. She was suppose to be an agent whose father had been a serial killer.

Gideon was my favorite, and I miss him. To me, Morgan is less believable, but I do still like him. I even like Penelope and Kevin. The only person I have ever disliked, was on only a few times. She was suppose to be an agent whose father had been a serial killer.
I think Morgan and Penelope(I liked her a lot) both could have used a bit more in their storylines but not a lot of room with case-of-the-week

The whole idea of the academy student was ridiculous, combined with the s6 mess firing the actresses no one was ever going to like Agent Seaver.
I'd already watched the 3 seasons of Continuum before CM. It was exactly like realising Hotch was from Dharma & Greg, I couldn't believe it was the same actress, both of them are much better suited to those roles.

I think Morgan and Penelope(I liked her a lot) both could have used a bit more in their storylines but not a lot of room with case-of-the-week

The whole idea of the academy student was ridiculous, combined with the s6 mess firing the actresses no one was ever going to like Agent Seaver.
I'd already watched the 3 seasons of Continuum before CM. It was exactly like realising Hotch was from Dharma & Greg, I couldn't believe it was the same actress, both of them are much better suited to those roles.

I love Hotch just because of his flat, no nonsense way of looking at things. He's rarely ruled by his emotions, but when he is it's pretty epic.

Aside from my fascination with crime and sick and twisted people, I think the reason I love the show so much is the way that all of them always have each other's backs. If one of them needs help, the whole team shows up. We should all be so lucky to have friends like that.

Watching a programme about women being murdered every week is entertaining?

Pete. I understand your point, I really do. For some reason, while I avoid things, such as ever seeing anything about Hannibal Lector and a few others, I still like many - not all - of CM.
I am not that good explaining things with words, but I will try. I am fascinated by the profiling in the show, since it has been an interest of mine for a long time. I like how the individual characters are shown in complexity, and how they relate to one another. Also, I kind of make a game of trying to figure things out about the "unsub" and see when they do the profile, if I have gotten anything right.
I will admit there are scenes I look away from, and ones involving children I really have difficulty watching. But that's just me.
I did wonder when someone would make a comment like yours. I respect your opinion. Thanks.

Julia

Latest posts

Back