• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
The Old Bailey heard how handyman Mr Thrower had been drinking and became enraged when his girlfriend Geraldine Roberts told him the youths swore, spat and threw a drink at her earlier that day.

When he confronted them, Subeir and Halliburton shut themselves in a bin chute on a first-floor communal balcony at St Dunstan's Close.

As Mr Thrower hammered with his fists on the glass partition, the 17-year-old found a 4ft long axe in a shed and Osman passed it up to Subeir, who had managed to get onto the roof of the adjoining porch.

The victim emerged from the bin chute covered in blood, staggering, holding the axe before he collapsed and died from a stab to the heart.

As the defendants ran away, Ms Roberts chased after them.

Subeir admitted striking Mr Thrower three times with the axe and Halliburton confessed to stabbing him, but both denied murder, claiming they had acted in self-defence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-30182460

According to the article, Kiro Halliburton was convicted of murder, Mahdi Osman and Zakariya Subeir were convicted of manslaughter, and a 17-year-old co-defendant was cleared of all counts.

QUOTE: Subeir admitted striking Mr Thrower three times with the axe and Halliburton confessed to stabbing him, but both denied murder, claiming they had acted in self-defence.

Uhhh........I am pretty sure murder would be the appropriate term. Axe and stabbing versus fists, which would you think could cause the most harm? o_O

Last edited:
Punks and thugs turned into murderers. This was murder. You don't take an axe to a fist fight. The man didn't have a weapon.

zwg4xw.jpg
161gxs9.jpg
18-year-old Kiro Halliburton (left), who delivered the fatal knife wound, has been jailed for 16 years for murder. Zakariya Subeir (right) will spend eight years in a young offenders' institution for manslaughter
33vysno.jpg

Mahdi Osman, who handed the axe to the killers, was given a sentence of five-and-a-half years
30j42oi.jpg
Police have released a picture of the axe used in the attack, which left Mr Thrower covered in blood
Teenagers who hacked a man to death with an axe in scenes likened to horror film The Shining are jailed for a total of 30 years
  • Handyman challenged teens after his girlfriend said they spat at her
  • He chased them onto communal balcony at flats in Hayes, Middlesex
  • The 46-year-old was then hit on head and shoulder with an axe
  • He was also stabbed ten times, once to the heart, and died at the scene
  • An 18-year-old has now been locked up for 16 years for murder
  • Two others have been jailed for manslaughter for their involvement
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cked-man-death-axe-jailed-total-30-years.html
abmqsp.jpg

Paul Thrower, 46, pictured, died after two 18-year-olds hacked at him with a 4ft axe and stabbed him 10 times at a block of flats in Hayes, Middlesex​

jailed for a total of 30 years
I got excited about the long sentence until I realized that 30 years was all 3 fucktards sentences added together not what 1 got.

16 years for murder is pathetic, the other 2 sentences are even worse.

I hear you Krystal! I love GB, really, truly do. BUT! the sentences handed down for heinous crimes are a fuckin' joke. I have read lots of stories, here and on other sites, where a person convicted of murder given 20 years and out in 7. What's the use of having a lwop if it doesn't mean life?

Criminals are usually pretty stupid (or they wouldn't be criminals), but knowing the sentence handed down doesn't mean he'll actually be in jail for a long, long time.

To all my Brit friends, I ove GB, the people I've met have lovely manners, are articulate and have funny stories to tell. My great aunt Anne came over as a war bride, sadly, she passed away years ago. She was hilarious and is responsible for the few good manners I learned. I can curtsy too; with my back straight as a rulerI 'm dying for a chance to use that talent.

Back