• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
not much out just happened
Eight children have been found dead at a home in a suburb of the Australian
[...]
Police said they were called to the property Friday morning after reports of a woman with serious injuries.
“During an examination of the residence, police located the bodies of the children, all aged between 18 months and 15 years,” the Queensland Service said
[...]
The woman, who is believed to be in her 30s, is being treated for her injuries and is helping police with their investigation
[...]
http://foxct.com/2014/12/18/australian-police-8-children-found-dead-in-cairns/
[..]
When police got to the house, they found the bodies of the children inside. The victims range in age from 18 months to 15 years.

The 34-year-old woman is receiving treatment for her wounds and is in stable condition at a hospital,
[...]
he had no further information, including how the children were killed.

“As it stands at the moment, there’s no need for the public to be concerned about this other than the fact that it’s a tragic, tragic event,” Asnicar said. “
[...]
Detectives were speaking with neighbors and police had not determined the relationship between all of the children and the hospitalized woman.
[...]
Lisa Thaiday, who said she was the woman’s cousin, said the children were all siblings and that the woman was their mother. Thaiday said another sibling, a 20-year-old man, came home and found his brothers and sisters dead
[...]
“I’m going to see him now, he needs comforting,”
[...]
“We’re a big family … I just can’t believe it. We just found out (about) those poor babies.”

The street has been cordoned off and a crime scene will remain in place for at least the next day
[...]
Dozens of police have swarmed the home.

“These events are extremely distressing for everyone of course and police officers aren’t immune from that — we’re human beings as well,”
[...]
The tragedy comes as Australia is still reeling from the shock of a deadly siege in a Sydney cafe earlier this week.
[...]
http://nypost.com/2014/12/18/8-children-found-stabbed-to-death-in-australian-home/

People get really stressed at this time of year, I've read about women murdering their kids just because they can't afford to get them anything. I can't imagine ever feeling so depressed that I'd wanna hurt my kids.

Their brother is gonna need a lot of counselling. Eight kids at 34 is a lot, that's how old I am and I think three is a lot. Only fourteen when her eldest was born too. Wtf goes through people's minds? I'm presuming the mum killed them though, we won't know for sure until Whisper's update...

Truly a terrible tragedy. I have heard that the woman "is not a suspect at this time" and "is helping the police with their enquiries".

Certainly, to those of us on the outside looking in and not yet having been given many details, she is a potential suspect, perhaps the most likely one. Her own stab wounds may well have been a botched suicide attempt. But it may not have been done by the mother at all. I think we need more info from the cops as to whom they think is responsible before we can with any accuracy start casting blame.

Last edited:
Wow, 9 kids? That's a lot of children. Yes, in the whole story that's what I got stuck on.

I'll add I'm not pointing it out as if there is anything wrong with that but rather to say: Damn, God bless her because I would NOT want 9 children. My deepest sympathies go out to her and her surviving child.

Unless it comes out that she did this then I'll start bashing her life choices because that's what I do.

Jesus! Poor guy, seeing his siblings like that :(
I couldn't even imagine walking into something like that.
I hope the mother didn't do this. This is heartbreaking

[...]
Police in Australia do not typically name suspects. Police did say they do not believe a murderer is at large and that they were talking to the woman, who was found stabbed in the chest. She is believed to be the mother of seven of the dead children
[...]
The eighth dead child is also believed to be related to the 34-year-old wounded woman, Detective Inspector Bruno Asnicar said.
[..]
Asnicar declined to say how the children died.

He said he didn't believe there was a multiple murderer still at large and that police were talking to the woman. Asked if she was a suspect, he said officials have not yet identified any suspects and were questioning everyone who had contact with the family in the past 2-3 days.

Found bodies of brothers and sisters
"As it stands at the moment, there's no need for the public to be concerned about this other than the fact that it's a tragic, tragic event," Asnicar said. "The situation is well controlled at the moment.
[...]
The street has been cordoned off and a crime scene will remain in place for at least the next day
[..]
Dozens of police descended on the home, and crowds of local residents stood outside the police barricades, some of them wiping away tears.

"These events are extremely distressing for everyone of course and police officers aren't immune from that — we're human beings as well,"
[...]
"The news out of Cairns is heartbreaking," Prime Minister Tony Abbott said in a statement. "All parents would feel a gut-wrenching sadness at what has happened. This is an unspeakable crime. These are trying days for our country.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/stabbi...leave-8-children-dead-woman-injured-1.2878746

First thing I thought mom had enough and did it fuck this site has made me so jaded.
yep and by the wording on the last post I did it sounds like cops think mom did it or the 20yo
they said theres no killer on the loose and it wasnt random

A 37-year-old mother has been arrested for murder after eight children were found stabbed to deatH
[...]
It has been confirmed that she is the mother to seven of the children and the other was her visiting niece.
[...]
they have also located a number of weapons, including knives, at the Queensland home.

The children's bodies have been removed from the property and autopsies are expected to be conducted today.
[...]
the woman was arrested overnight and is currently assisting police with their inquiries.
[...]
'We're comfortable that the community at large is safe and have no need to concern.'
[...]
Inspector Asnicar was unable specify when charges will be laid.
The chilling sound of a woman pleading for forgiveness was heard coming from the home where eight children were found stabbed
[...]
On Thursday night a woman was heard shouting: 'Don’t let them take them away from us. God bless us. Forgive me for what I’ll do.'
[...]
said they heard a woman screaming in a mixture of English and Torres Strait Creole, a native language of islanders.

Mersane Warria, who is also known as Raina Thaiday, is a person of interest in the deaths of the children
[...]
The 37-year-old remains in Cairns Hospital in a stable condition and will undergo a mental health assessment. On Friday night police had still not laid any charges.
[...]
Another neighbour said she saw the mother taking personal possessions from her home to her front yard saying she was going to 'make a fresh start'
[...]
A 13-year-old girl said she walked two of her girlfriends to the Murray Street house on Thursday evening after they had been shopping.

She said when they got to the house, the older girl's mother - Ms Warria - came out and gave her money for a taxi home.

'She was saying stuff about God and other stuff,' she told
[...]
near the crime scene on Friday afternoon. She said: 'Papa God gave me the power to do anything.'

Warria also told the girl she was a 'warrior'.
[...]
SOURCE
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...162553523?nk=1ecc47646bfd43714b11055f25628004

Taking all her possessions outside and saying she wants "a fresh start", all the god talk, and turning her name into Warrior and thinking that it's significant, all sounds like psychosis to me.

MOTHER CHARGED: Heartbreaking scenes at makeshift shrine for eight children stabbed to death in Cairns home as devastated family members visit the scene for the first time
  • Horrifying massacre at a Cairns home just six days before Christmas
  • Police have revealed the young victims were four girls and four boys
  • Mother of seven of children, Mersane Warria, has been charged with eight counts of murder
  • She appeared before a magistrate in a bedside hearing on Sunday in Cairns Hospital and remains in police custody
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...haviour-hours-bodies-found.html#ixzz3MVE0AXrC

A tomboy, a grade-A student and two cheeky pranksters: The innocents allegedly murdered by their mother remembered by a community in shock
  • The eight children who were killed in Cairns have been remembered
  • The boys were pranksters who made everyone smile
  • 14-year-old Malili was a tough girl who loved AFL and pink
  • 7-year-old Rayden was an A-grade student who was shy
  • The youngest, 2-year-old Petronella, was doted upon
  • They were stabbed to death in the suburb of Manoora
  • Their mother has been charged on eight counts of murder
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...remembered-community-shock.html#ixzz3MVGjyb00

Absolute devastation' as five fathers are told their children were among those killed in Cairns stabbings
  • Police have informed five fathers that their children were killed in Friday's massacre in northern Queensland
  • A 37-year-old woman has been charged with eight counts of murder
  • She is believed to be Mersane Warria, also known as Raina Thaiday
  • The woman is a mother to seven of the children and an aunt to the eighth child who was due to turn 14 on Saturday
  • The father of the teenager says he dropped his daughter off at the Cairns home a week ago
  • He said he saw his daughter a night before her death, eating at a local McDonald's with friends
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...en-killed-Cairns-stabbings.html#ixzz3MVHH3Qzf

What a shame nobody tried/ thought to intervene when the Mother was walking around obviously showing signs of serious mental instability .

It may not have stopped anything because mental health and social services aren't the quickest to act , but it just may have saved 8 lives.

Last edited:
I live in the same state where this happened. It's awful. I feel so sorry for the surviving sister and brother... and also for the mother, who I don't believe has yet fully understood the scope of what happened and is awaiting a full mental health assessment. From my understanding it was a combination of mental health issues and/or drugs. There are suspicions it may also involve the possibility of losing her children and possibly the "stolen generation". But that's all talk at the moment - there are a lot of theories and conjecture. And a lot of grandstanding and political platforming. So sad.

Some updated details here:

Raina Mersane Ina Thaiday had been a victim of domestic violence at the hands of at least one ex-partner. According to a friend, Beryl Jackson, she claimed to have been abused from the time she was a small girl, growing up on Darnley Island in the Torres Strait.

Detectives suspect that Thaiday, 37, must have drugged the children before she took to them with a steak knife, later found dripping with blood.

Yet no stupefying drugs were found when police searched the blood-splattered house, sources close to the investigation say.

One of the most puzzling aspects of the tragedy is how they could have been killed without anyone hearing their cries or at least some of them fleeing — lending weight to the theory they were sedated.

Police will allege she confessed to her son. “ ‘I’ve killed them’ — that was the first thing she said to him,” a source said.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...ealed-her-demons/story-e6frg6nf-1227167506505

So so sad. I know how difficult it will be for the family to deal with the public's view of the mother versus their own memories and relationships with her.

I'm sorry that she lead a difficult and painful life having been abused, as her family members are reporting, but that doesn't give you the right to murder innocent children.

I'm sorry but I hate when a murderer's hard life is thrown out there like it's some justification for murder.

Now the fact that she seemed to lose her marbles before the murders is something to be fully explored because it could help explain this, but having been a victim of domestic violence, just a sympathy ploy. You're abused, kill the motherfucker who's abusing you, leave innocent child alone!

From 2017
An Australian woman who killed eight children in a stabbing attack at her home will not stand trial because she was of "unsound mind" at the time.
Raina Thaiday was experiencing a psychotic episode when she turned on her four sons, three daughters and a niece in Cairns in December 2014.
The legal decision - made last month but only now made public - means she cannot be held criminally responsible.
Thaiday, 40, is being held at a high-security centre in Brisbane.
It is unclear if she will ever be released back into the community.
The house where the children, aged between two and 14, were killed has been demolished. It has been replaced with a park to remember Malili, Angelina, Shantae, Rayden, Azariah, Daniel, Rodney and Patrenella.

Horrific! For all of them. No one chooses to be mentally ill and of course no one chooses to be murdered. I'm curious how she managed to birth at least eight kids (her adult son found them, plus the seven of hers that she killed) and her mental health was never called into question? Was she THAT good at masking it? :bigtears:

Well you know people seem to always look away when something makes them uncomfortable, she may not have been psychotic before this but just strange or weird. You know what they say, "HIndsight is 20-20. You can always look back and think of all the things you should have done but didn't.

Back