• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
That's pretty much how it is with my friend's kids. They know their brother has a disability but it doesn't make it any easier for them when he hits them or breaks their stuff or hurts their pets (they have had to surrender their pet kittens, rabbits and fish due to their brother's tendency to torture animals). In two years time he will be eligible to enter a permanent group home and I don't think any of them consider it too soon. He's landed his mom in the ER three times after attacking her already.

Whoah... that's awful. I feel for your friend and her other children. That has to be incredibly difficult and painful for all involved. If you don't mind my asking, what is the minimum age for him to enter this group home?

It's crazy that even with her son having such a violent history, your friend is essentially being told to just deal with it for another 2 years. I certainly hope she isn't injured any worse between now and then. What awful choices (or lack thereof) parents have for children with these types of challenges. There needs to be a better option to protect all involved, and to allow the afflicted child to have a more fulfilling life. It isn't benefiting them any to force them to stay in a family environment that's so dangerous and restrictive for everyone.

Last edited:
@everjaded He's 10 now and can go into the group home at 12. There are group homes for younger children but none near them and there's some regulation that he can only enter a group home in his residential area. This is in Britain btw and while medical and related costs are much lower there than the U.S., there are also some very strict (and sometimes frustrating) rules about who can have what and where.

this story is NUTS. i posted about it on my facebook, and a few people were actually defending the mother, saying that its normal to not do things with your disabled child...my son has mobius syndrome, is deaf, mentally retarded/intellectually delayed, and has a feeding tube..he can eat baby food, but i have to feed it to him, he is and probably always will be in diapers, which he loves to rip off and smear everywhere...he cries a lot, and he has a newborn sleep schedule, in that he wakes up all night.we initially thought he might have fragile x syndrome, like this child, but he doesnt. i am also pregnant with my 8th child. do i lock him in a room, and say that the husband is repsonsible for his care only? of course not. i chunk his funky butt in the tub every single morning and give him a nice hot bubble bath with his toys, i dress him, feed him, love on him, take him places, and celebrate his being my son. i think these two dickwads cooked up that explanation to try and keep moms sorry ass out of jail! there is no way you can not see your child for that long, without being a complete and utter piece of shit. they most likely collected ssi for him too, and i bet that all went directly into their pockets as well! its rough, taking care of a kid like this..if i didnt have my husband helping me, i would probably have lost it by now, but we get by, and our son never goes without, and neither do his siblings. someone needs to go and arrest this so called mother and keep her in jail where she belongs!

Police in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, charged the parents of a 9-year-old autistic boy with homicide on Monday in their son's starvation death in July.
[...]
Jarrod N. Tutko Sr., 38, and Kimberly A. Tutko, 39, were arraigned before District Judge Barbara Pianka on criminal homicide charges. They were denied bail.

Prosecutors could later specify any one of a range of charges, from manslaughter to first-degree murder, which carries the death sentence in Pennsylvania.

Police went to the Tutko home on Aug. 1 to investigate a report that a child had died.

Kimberly Tutko said to police that her husband had told her that young Jarrod, who suffered from a form of autism called Fragile X Syndrome, had been dead for several days in his feces-smeared third-floor bedroom.

Dr. Wayne Ross, the pathologist who conducted an autopsy on the remains, found that the boy had almost no body fat at the time of his death, according to police.

“He indicated that the lack of body fat was a sign of starvation,” police said in an affidavit filed in the case. “Dr. Ross noted signs of dehydration and malnutrition.”

Dr. Andrew T. Stewart, a forensic dentist, told police the boy had two badly abscessed teeth that would have caused him terrible pain. Authorities could find no records of the boy ever being seen by a dentist.
[...]
Police said four children from her first marriage were taken away by the courts, and that young Jarrod and five other children in the house were from her marriage to Tutko.

The family subsisted on various government benefit checks received monthly.

The father has been in jail since the discovery of the boy’s death, and was already charged with endangering the welfare of a child and concealment of a corpse.
http://news.yahoo.com/parents-autistic-pennsylvania-boy-charged-starvation-death-230533341.html

So this woman had 4 previous children that were taken away!!! Then 5 more than with her now husband ::bored:.. She is just a victim making machine.

She couldn't handle 4 other kids...so they left her to deal with 5 kids, some with special needs? This boy dies unloved and invisible to his mom and his dad starves him and leaves him in a shit covered room. Anyone in involved from the minute she had her 5th kid deserves to hate themselves forever. I am in tears, this is one of the ones for me.

OMG! No wonder Jarrod was wreaking havoc in his room-- he was non verbal & in excrutiating pain!--- Anyone who has never had an abscessed tooth- it hurts like holy hell! My god, I cried for 24 hrs straight before the antibiotic finally kicked in- I'd rather be in labor then go through that pain!

A doctor or dentist visit would have caught Jarod's abscessed teeth before they became 'badly abscessed' so obviously they weren't keeping up with his appointments.

It's just 1 more horrifying revelation after another with this story!:(

No body fat on this poor boy and abscessed teeth . How hungry that little man must've been but if food ever came, how painful his teeth must have made any attempt to eat.

They didn't do anything for this child. Not one thing- food, clothing, heat/warmth or health care, no love and attention. They took the Government check for his disability quick enough , though.

I have to block out my thoughts of what life was like in that room for Jarrod , it is too painful. But I know what I think about these 'Parents'. It ain't good.

I feel sorry for those people who had to see Jarrods room and his body and even for those having to see photographs of the scene.

Imagine how cruel you must be to live there and not care.

Just leave these two fuckers in that death hell-hole room, put the tv on for 'company '. lock the door and set fire to it. Job done.

Any bets on the parents using his disablilites as the reason why they didn't get his teetth checked? I forsee one of two excuses on this one, maybe both- he couldn't go to the dentist because he was too disabled and would bite the dentist, or because of severe autism they didn't know he was in pain.

Anyone care to wager on this one? I say they pull those ones outta their asses soon.

Who wants to bet starvation? Who wants to bet some type of infection due to deplorable state of home? Taking bets, taking bets now. . . . . I'll bet an agree for starvation and a wtf for infectious wound. . . . . what you wanna bet, step on up and make your bets. . . . . Do I hear two for wtfs and another for agree. . . come on . . . don't get cheap on rates now. . . . .make your bets. . .

Gotta say you were spot on. Starvation and infection in his teeth.

Poor baby boy. RIP I too have experienced tooth pain and it is the worst. Wherever he is now, I'm sure it doesn't hurt anymore.

I'm aware that they didn't do anything to parent this child, I'm just throwing out what excuses that I think they will use to explain away the abscessed teeth, as the cum dumpster has been really good at throwing out a multitude of excuses thus far for her complete and utter failure with this child.

I have great respect for anyone that can wake up to a child who shit smears everywhere, everyday, all the time, for whatever reason, and clean it up, day after day, after day, with a smile on their face and marriage intact.
Forced puking, the constant screaming, and destroying whatever in childs path, and possibly yourself. All with a smile on your face, everyday.

I could not do this.

I can't imagine the horror ANY of the 9 children went through, can't even imagine. How COLD a mother must be to not have any contact with her young, disabled child for FOUR YEARS. That's unfathomable to me.

I wonder if the parents suffered from any addictions in addition to the neglect -- I'm not necessarily talking about drugs or alcohol, but maybe TV or being online, etc., because as much as they protest that they were taking care of the 'worst' children 24/7, it only sounds like one got any kind of real care at all, and how many hours a day did she require that care? I bet no more than an hour or two in total was spent actually doing anything with her.

I also wonder who cared for these severely disabled kids when Mom was giving birth to the others, or when she goes on her Walmart taxi rides or whatever. Obviously the little boy that died didn't get any care, but I wonder if the daughter was completely neglected during these times, too.

The trials should be interesting, to say the least. I hope that the son who preferred to roam the streets than be at home is now somewhere where he is happy and feels loved and wanted. I hope he's getting plenty to eat, and is beginning to realize that there really are some wonderful people in the world. Actually, I wish this for all the kids, but this one in particular just captured my heart, probably because we haven't learned much about the others.

I have great respect for anyone that can wake up to a child who shit smears everywhere, everyday, all the time, for whatever reason, and clean it up, day after day, after day, with a smile on their face and marriage intact.
Forced puking, the constant screaming, and destroying whatever in childs path, and possibly yourself. All with a smile on your face, everyday.

I could not do this.
And that is the difference between you & these monsters! I see you as honest & brave to admit that you couldn't handle a child like Jarrod- and that might mean you would try hiring a home health aide or even place him in a group home. And the result of that would be a healthy, living child!

These 'parents' also knew that they were unable to care for their son, but refused to reach out to get him any help. They instead left him to waste away in his attic dungeon, until he finally died laying in filth & waste, completely alone. It's too awful to imagine!

Im selfish. I could handle a child with mild disabilities. I have a now grown up one, that had physical ones. That required treatment at Shriners. I love Shriners. Autism, yes! Downs syndrome, yes! Mental disabilites, sure!
But a child who is beyond the scope of what a person is, so severe, that this flesh and blood of mine, when I look into the childs eyes, whats reflecting back is nothing, whos behavior is destructive,dangerous and feral...then no, I could not raise that child. I do not have the fortitude of character to deal with that.

I have a feeling that the ones who are saying that they couldn't do it would be surprised with themselves if they were in the position to take care of a child like these little ones. I think the majority of us can easily look at what the "parents" were dealing with here and say that we couldn't, no way, no how BUT none of us really know what we can do until we have to do it, until doing it and getting through it is our only choice. I think we can all look at the impossible that we have done in our lives, especially when it has come to parenting.

I'm just saying that I think that everyone who is saying that they couldn't do it would be surprising themselves if they were faced with the situation because everyone saying it is someone who would die for their children, I have read the way you guys talk about them, you guys would surprise yourselves. :)

OMG guys, the Criminal Complaint...
(Because it can't be copied & pasted, I'll try to list the new/important details from the 11 pages of horror!)

-Jarrod Jr.(I'll refer to him as JJ) weighed only 16lbs at the time of his death (barely 11lbs more than he weighed at birth!)

-The coroner was unable to find any dental records ever existing for JJ.

-Jarrod Sr. admitted to last seeing JJ alive on July 27th- he didn't check on him again until July 29th when he found him dead

-Kimberly Tutko had her parental rights terminated to 4 previous children due in part to multiple head injuries inflicted on a 6 mo

-JJ was placed in foster care at birth for 6 days due to concerns about his older sisters medical neglect

-JJ was removed again for improper feeding- he was consistently loosing weight- but gained weight while in foster care.

-Social services removed & returned each of the Tutko children SEVERAL TIMES due to complaints of abuse & medical neglect

-Complaints against the parents say they failed to: keep critical dr. appts for their children, give them their medications properly

-The family moved often (in PA & NJ) to avoid Social Services- moving back to PA in 2005 while JJ was still in foster care in NJ

-When interviewed by a social worker in 2013, Jarrod's older brother stated "Dad doesn't care about Jarrod Jr. anymore"

-Both parents were aware that JJ's room had no bed, no lights, covered in shit & locked from outside

-Kimberly claims she saw JJ 3 weeks before he died & "gave him a hug" while he cried on the bathroom floor

-The family received $710 X 3 children & Jarrod Sr. + $351 in food stamps ($3191 a month!) neither parent is employed

- Jarrod Tutko Sr. is charged with: Criminal murder, Abuse of a corpse, Concealment of a childs death & Endangering welfare of a child

http://www.scribd.com/doc/241373731/Jarrod-Tutko-Sr-charging-documents

Last edited:
So this woman had 4 previous children that were taken away!!! Then 5 more than with her now husband :.. She is just a victim making machine.

Police said four children from her first marriage were taken away by the courts, and that young Jarrod and five other children in the house were from her marriage to Tutko.

So, did she have 9 kids total, or 10? And any word on how the first 4 who were taken away are doing?

So, did she have 9 kids total, or 10? And any word on how the first 4 who were taken away are doing?
10 kids total- 4 from her 1st marriage + 6 more with Tutko (I found this info in the Criminal Complaint that I linked to up there)
And I'm not sure where we could find info on the first 4? Unless one of them comes forward, then again, they might not even know that she was their birth-unit since her parental rights were terminated.

The shit covered stuffed rabbit hurts me really bad. I don't believe that boy had anything wrong with him that wasn't due to neglect. how hard would it be to handle a 16 lb boy? He couldn't have used the bathroom often at all, it had to have taken years for his room to become a shit covered coffin! This kid was failed so much.

SIXTEEN POUNDS!!!!!!!!!! JJ was exactly one day older than my grandson. My grandson, Ty, was also born with a myriad of health problems and, as a result, has had extreme difficulty gaining weight. In fact, when he was 3, he needed surgery, rods inserted along his spine to correct Scoliosis. The doctors put off that surgery for two years, because they were afraid with so little fat for protection that the metal rods and screws might poke through his skin. Ty had a feeding tube inserted and received high calorie formula every night while he slept, in addition to his meals during the day.

Anyway, my point is, even though Ty has major problems gaining weight, today, just a few days before his tenth birthday, he weighs close to 60 pounds and he is still considered underweight.

The exact same age -- JJ was 16 pounds compared to Ty at 60 pounds. That's a 44 pound difference and Ty is UNDERweight.

I wonder how long it's been since poor little JJ had ANY type of food other than iced-tea, which holds no nutritional value, but is great at rotting teeth.

Also, at 16 pounds their claims that they didn't diaper him because he would rip it off are invalid. That kid was not strong enough to fight them to remove the diaper. Had he not been treated WORSE than a caged, abused, starved, neglected animal this poor little boy may have been thriving right now.

They need to sterilize these two and lock them away forever and ever and ever. They are BEASTS.

In the charging documents one of the daughters is mentioned, the one who is now profoundly disabled from the fevers and seizures, she is mentioned because after a hospitalization the "father" decided AMA to decrease her medications. This set off some serious alarm bells for me because he was told and told that her meds were vital for her and still decreased them and she kept ending up in the hospital, I get the feeling that they got a rush out of having sick and disabled children. And I'll take it a step further to say that I think the fun and newness of their children's disabilities wore off and that's why the children were so terribly neglected and abused.

Just my opinion on how I read that.

I keep wondering why he was on the bathroom floor (if that ever even happened). Maybe he couldn't get up, maybe he was just too weak. I don't buy that he was in there alone crying because of the water. With as small and malnourished as he was I don't even believe he could make tears!

I hate that this kid either wasn't saved sooner...or died sooner. I am crying again, God I hate these people.

I keep wondering why he was on the bathroom floor (if that ever even happened).
Dad moved him there after he was dead for awhile and he finally told Mom.

ETA: It's in the first page of the Probable Cause affidavit that is posted above.

Last edited:
Mm, maybe but normally those people draw attention to their kids, spend a lot of time at the doctor/hospital. They pretty much didn't care if JJ died or not.
I was thinking of the other children. Like @Krystal mentioned. In and out of the hospital, told what dosages to use but purposefully doesn't. Then she returns to the hospital, etc....

Muriel's link alluded to that possibility, saying the scheduled jury selection had been cancelled.

3rd Degree murder in PA carries a penalty of 20 to 40 years. I hope they run the sentences consecutiely, I don't want these fuckers out in 20 or even 40, I want them leaving prison in a pine box.

Back