• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I suspect that's a typo, unless they use slightly different terminology in the UK. Generally, degree is preceded by 1st/2nd/3rd, indicating the severity of the burns, and percent is as you've stated, but not combined like that. They probably should've edited the "degree" out of the article; I suspect Jack is simply mocking the poor quality of Daily Fail's proofreading.
I agree, but thought I'd add to the general knowledge anyway.

An 80-year-old man has been jailed for 18 years for masterminding an acid revenge attack on his teenage ex-girlfriend.

Rafiq, of Cheshire Road, Smethwick, paid two men £50 to attack her after she ended their relationship, Wolverhampton Crown Court heard.

Shannon Heaps, 23, and Steven Holmes, 25, were found guilty of plotting to attack Ms Horsman at her friend's house in Tividale, West Midlands.

They were jailed for 12 and 14 years respectively. Both laughed when they heard the sentence and Heaps punched the air.

Holmes threw the acid and Heaps, who was at the door, was the one who put Rafiq and Holmes in touch with each other, the court heard.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-30546330

Back