• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

biteme

The Rev, Molon labe
What's British Airways going to do? Bigger seats, larger bathrooms, wider aisles, less seating higher price?

The judgment means British companies will be required to treat obese workers as "disabled", providing them with larger seats, special parking spaces and other facilities.
Following his case, British employers will have to bear the costs of litigation and finding ways to ensure fat workers are not placed at any disadvantage to slimmer colleagues.

“This ruling is a real problem for employers. It’s still not clear enough for them to be sure that they’re going to be on the right side of the law," said Julian Hemming, employment partner at law firm Osborne Clarke.
“What about protection for those who are underweight, short or tall or who simply believe their employer thought they didn't look attractive enough? It could become difficult to know where to draw the line in terms of workplace protection for body shape or physical appearance."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...that-fatness-can-constitute-a-disability.html

Oh, that's it, I'm filing a Goddamn discrimination lawsuit or whatever.

I'm a grown-ass woman, the mother of 4 children and weigh about 100 pounds. And you see, clothing sizes have changed over the years, what used to be a size 6 is now called a size 4, etc., making it a challenge for a size 0 to find any clothing suited for a female over the age of 13. I feel that's discrimination against thin women like myself, forcing me to wear clothing designed for teenagers and therefore drawing unwanted attention to myself for not "dressing my age".

Sounds ridiculous right? So does what biteme posted.

The Simpsons had a lovely episode on this where Homer decides to become fat to a disabled level so he could work at home. Shockingly, being morbidly obese isn't everything he hoped and dreamed it would be.

The Anglish are at it again anti gun pro fat, before you know it that asshole
Piers-Morgan will be pushing this crap here, being fat is like having a Government job, you can never be fired
I googled english anti gun ass and Piers Morgan came up as one of the results, if you don't believe try it

The Advocate General was asked to rule on a case brought by 25st child-minder Karsten Kaltoft, who was sacked by a local authority in Denmark for being unable to perform basic duties due to his size.
The council, Billund Kommune, claimed the child-minder was so fat that he required help from a colleague to tie up children’s shoelaces.

Tam Fry, of the National Obesity Forum, said: ‘If this opinion becomes the Court’s ruling, then the law is either an ass or barking mad. To give morbidly obese people the right to sue their employers if they become so fat that they cannot do the job they have signed up to do is beyond belief. The mind boggles as to the likely cost to employers if the Court decides to accept this opinion.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ned-discriminating-against-fat-employees.html

The EU is a farce at this point. I wish Germany would up and quit so my country would have the balls to leave too.

Edit:
Although his judgment is not binding, it will be used by the ECJ as a basis for deciding whether Mr Kaltoft’s obesity is a disability under EU law

Okay so the law is not there yet, but the fact that they're even considering this and not laughing it out of court is tragic.

Last edited:
Back