• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
None of it ever made sense. I really wish it had all been figured out, but I figure at this point, it's probably as figured out as it going to get.

Then why are his shoes beside his feet?
Story was he reached in for them and fell into the mat ..

This story stank to high heaven right from the start ..

Very interesting info on this case.
http://www.re-newsit.com/2014/02/kendrick-johnsons-true-autopsy-photo.html?m=1
So the photo mom was showing was after the autopsy, with part of the skull removed (hence the forehead fold), not what he looked like after the mat was unrolled.
The shock factor is a bit less when u c his ACTUAL autopsy pic.
ETA:eek:k, they're claiming it's also photoshopped to make it look worse. Sweet Jebus, who would manipulate a post mortem photo? Who takes black and white pics these days? Plus I read he had an open casket funeral. Did he look like that then?

My spidy senses don't like this story. No matter what, I'm sure they're going thru a lot, losing a son. I would need to blame someone too.

Last edited:
YOU GUYS! I saw this on tumblr so i dunno where originally it came from but..
Georgia teen’s autopsy reveals organs were removed: He was stuffed with newspaper

by Yvette Caslin

On January 11, 2013, Kendrick Johnson, 17, was found dead rolled up in a wrestling mat at his high school in Valdosta, Ga. An athlete, Johnson was found dead in an upright athletic mat behind the bleachers in the school’s gym on January 11, 2013.

The first autopsy performed by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) on the teen revealed he died from “positional asphyxia” and his death was ruled an accident. A second autopsy was performed by a private pathologist, Dr. Bill Anderson, at the request of his parents, Kenneth and Jacquelyn Johnson, who believe their beloved son was murdered revealed something more horrible. His organs – brains, heart and lungs – were missing and replaced with balls of crumpled newspaper.

Georgia teen found dead in a wrestling mat

Kenneth and Jacquelyn Johnson

His parents, Kenneth and Jacquelyn Johnson, didn’t take this ruling and walk away. They deem it foul play and are demanding officials at Lowndes High School in Valdosta, Ga. turn over the surveillance video. His father believed his son was murdered and requested the case is reopened. There are photos and video that provide evidence that there is more that happened on this fateful day than school authorities are willing to admit. Not far from the body, there was a pair of red stained shoes and a sweatshirt, that authorities claim was not blood therefore they weren’t bagged and tagged.

Both the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI), which conducted the autopsy and ruled that he died from “positional asphyxia”, stand by their findings that the boy died accidentally.

The Johnson family has gained the support of the National Action Network and The United Justice League.

Soooo wtf mate!!! That's fuckin crazy, why won't the police investigate it? That's pretty scandalous!!!

YOU GUYS! I saw this on tumblr so i dunno where originally it came from but..

Soooo wtf mate!!! That's fuckin crazy, why won't the police investigate it? That's pretty scandalous!!!

I take it you don't read what you post, seems everyone did investigate, parents just don't like the result of the multiple investigations

from your post

Both the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI), which conducted the autopsy and ruled that he died from “positional asphyxia”, stand by their findings that the boy died accidentally.

What the organs missing? That's pretty standard after an autopsy. Maybe using newspapers isn't but reopening an autospied body you're not going to find much.

Help me out @Azryhael , this is your field.

It's all been said and posted before, people post without reading what's been posted

What the organs missing? That's pretty standard after an autopsy. Maybe using newspapers isn't but reopening an autospied body you're not going to find much.

Help me out @Azryhael , this is your field.
There's nothing to investigate. The organs were either saved by pathology or were in a "gut bag," basically a big ziploc that all the organs get shoved into post-autopsy. It's not weird or scandalous at all for them not to be buried with the rest of the body, especially since they decay so much faster sealed up in the bag. There are only 3 pages to this thread, @Shade , and I think you'll find the answers you're looking for in them.

I could imagine other students rolling him up in the mat and leaving him there, probably thinking he'd be rescued eventually. It may have started as bullying or a prank.
Or, some students are playing around and somebody's shoe ends up in the mat. They convince or force the victim to go get the shoe, and leave him when he gets stuck. Again, thinking that someone will hear his cries.
And who's shoe was it? They never figured that out?! His shoes are by his feet. Unless they wore separate shoes for gym, like my kids' schools require, and his 'outdoor' shoes got tossed down the mat....? Very strange case.

I didn't read if his arms were 'above' his head or by his sides when he was found....?

Most people diving head-first down a narrow tunnel would probably put their arms in first to protect the face/grab the shoe. (But most people would know that escaping such a tunnel upsidedown would be nearly impossible and would either tip the mat over or go feet-first.) If some bullies grabbed him and rolled him up, his arms would more likely be by his sides, although either position is possible there.

One of two wealthy white brothers cleared in the death of black teenager whose body was found inside a rolled-up gym mat
  • Kendrick Johnson's parents maintain that their son was murdered at a Georgia high school in 2013
  • Investigators concluded that he died in a freak accident, but a second autopsy found the cause of death was blunt force trauma
  • They are suing the school and believe their son died 'at the hands of one or more students'
  • Their alleged suspects included two unnamed brothers, the younger of whom had had a fight with Johnson the year before
  • A police report has confirmed the older boy's alibi that he had already left school grounds on his way to a wrestling meet
  • Lawyers for Johnson's parents had produced a bus reservation that listed a 4 p.m. departure time, but a teacher and students said they left at noon
  • The younger boy was in class and accounted for when Johnson was seen entering the gym where his body would later be discovered
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...body-inside-rolled-gym-mat.html#ixzz3MKABxvXl

After that story about the poor girl who died in the dumbwaiter I am even more convinced this was a freak accident or teen shenanigans gone wrong.

After that story about the poor girl who died in the dumbwaiter I am even more convinced this was a freak accident or teen shenanigans gone wrong.
Im kinda leaning to they were fucking around and it went to far he was hurt
or he was left in there screwing around an others thought he wold get out an he didnt

No way he was alone. What's up with the video, I thought there was a camera in the gym and they wouldn't release the tape?

Local, federal investigations into gym mat death continue
Despite concluding there was no foul play in the death of a Georgia teen nearly two years ago
[...]
conducted additional interviews on the case as recently as this month.
The parents of Kendrick Johnson, who was found dead inside a rolled-up gym mat at his school
[...]
have been unwavering in their belief that their son was murdered, even after the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office ruled the death accidental and closed the case 18 months ago.

The details of the recent interviews, conducted by the sheriff's office between November 24 and December 15, were provided to CNN
[...]

The sheriff's office interviewed about two dozen current and former
[...]
students who were on the school's wrestling team on January 10, 2013, the day Johnson disappeared. His body was found the next day.
[...]

additional interviews appear to be related to a video released by attorneys for Johnson's family that challenged the whereabouts of one particular former student who was on the wrestling team.
[..]

investigative records, the former student confronted Johnson and told him "it ain't over" regarding a confrontation Johnson had with the former student's younger brother.
[...]

not naming the former student because he has not been called a suspect or been charged with a crime.
[...]

former student would have been at a wrestling match in another city at the time Johnson is believed to have died, but lawyers say the bus did not leave Lowndes High School until after Johnson's death.
[...]

attorney for the sheriff's office confirmed the recent interviews, but did not respond to a question about whether the case has been reopened.
[...]

County Sheriff's Office initiated the interviews of the Lowndes High School wrestling team coach, the bus driver and wrestling team members in response to claims made known to the sheriff's office that the wrestling team was still on the school's campus when Kendrick Johnson was last known to have been alive,"
[...]
"Investigators have tried unsuccessfully to contact some wrestling team members and will continue to attempt to reach those team members."
[....]

the interviews so far have not changed the facts believed by the sheriff's office.

"The information gathered thus far indicates that the bus carrying the wrestling team had left the school's campus prior to the time that Kendrick Johnson was last known to have been alive
[...]
Several of those interviewed said the former student was on a school bus en route to a state tournament in Macon, Georgia, the day Johnson disappeared. Others could not say for sure.
[...]

there are inconsistent accounts about when the bus left the school.

Some of the current and former students told investigators the team left campus before 10 a.m. Other students said the team left just before noon. The bus driver told investigators the team left at 12:30 p.m.
[...]

to a school bus schedule provided
[...]
by an attorney for the school, the bus left for the tournament at 4 p.m., hours after Johnson was last seen alive around 1:30 p.m. The wrestling coach told investigators the school bus schedule was inaccurate, as it reflected a request made by him at the beginning of the wrestling season, and not the time the bus left on the actual day of the wrestling meet.
[...]

documents showed that the former student and his brother were advised by their attorney in 2013 not to speak to investigators or provide them any statements.
[...]

the brothers' parents filed a $5 million libel lawsuit in federal court against the publishers of Ebony magazine and writer Frederic Rosen. The suit claims stories written by Rosen and published in Ebony magazine and on Ebony.com imply that the brothers played a part in Johnson's death and their father was involved in a conspiracy to cover it up. The claim that the brothers played any part in the death "is completely untrue," according to the lawsuit.
[...]

nterviews come more than 18 months after Lowndes County Sheriff's Office closed its investigation into Johnson's death. Sheriff's office investigators concluded Johnson got stuck while reaching for a shoe at the center of the rolled mat.
[...]
state medical examiner determined Johnson died as the result of accidental "positional asphyxia."
[...]

Kenneth and Jacquelyn Johnson, believe the story about the shoe is a cover-up and that their son was murdered. A forensic pathologist hired by Johnson's family later found evidence of "unexplained, apparent nonaccidental blunt force trauma" to the neck. He concluded Johnson's death was the result of a homicide.
[....]

federal investigation into Johnson's death, launched more than a year ago, continues.

The Department of Justice has taken possession of the gym mat where Johnson's body was found, according to the records released by the sheriff's office
[...]

the approximately 6-foot gym mat was rolled in brown paper and loaded into a vehicle driven by Assistant U.S. Attorney Deborah Sines and U.S. Attorney's Office Criminal Investigator Nelson Rhone Jr
[...]

Federal authorities also reviewed evidence being stored as part of the case and were given copies of three discs with audio recordings of calls for service made the day Johnson's body was found and two discs with video surveillance."
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/26/justi...hnson-teen-gym-mat-death/index.html?hpt=ju_c1

Parents of teenager found dead inside rolled-up gym mat two years ago could face jail after they staged a protest over the lack of information about his death
  • Kenneth and Jacquelyn Johnson and five family members are facing a host of charges related to 'obstruction' of a court house
  • Kendrick Johnson, 17, of Valdosta, Georgia was found dead inside a rolled-up gym mat and believed to have died while retrieving a shoe
  • The boy's parents filed a $100 million lawsuit last week alleging his classmates beat him to death
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2925800/Parents-teenager-dead-inside-gym-mat-face-jail.html

The boy's parents filed a $100 million lawsuit last week alleging his classmates beat him to death

They have been pestering and harassing some of these kids and they have never had a shred of evidence against them. There's a point where this needs to end.

I can't remember from what's been posted if they've tried hiring a private investigator.

Kendrick Johnson of Valdosta was found dead in January 2013, inside a mat in the corner of a gymnasium at his high school. Authorities have said he died in a freak accident, but Johnson's parents believe someone killed him.

Kenneth and Jacquelyn Johnson filed a wrongful-death lawsuit in January. It names 38 defendants, including three students and various law-enforcement officials.

It says two teenage brothers spearheaded an attack on Johnson and that they were acting on a "parental command" from their father.

The brothers and their father filed a counterclaim against the Johnsons last week, saying the Johnsons knowingly made false statements that harmed the family's reputation.
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/28303843/parents-of-ga-teen-found-dead-in-gym-mat-accused-of-slander

I dont see this as a freak accident. Somebody or someones did this to him or at least had a hand in it. And somebody has information. I wouldnt doubt if it were one or two of those 38 defendants....jmo. But if it were my kid I dont think I could ever give up the search for justice either. These parents are just needing answers, which they deserve....and they desperately need closure...who wouldn't as a parent?

Knowing my kids, i would have instantly accepted without question that they did something dumb, resulting in their deaths.

Knowing my kids, i would have instantly accepted without question that they did something dumb, resulting in their deaths.

Even though I was never the mom who said, "Wha...? My little Snookums would never do that!", instead being the one who said, "O.K., what did s/he do now?", I can't imagine a child of reasonable intelligence doing something *this* dumb to get themselves dead. And, I've mentioned before I caught the boy child making a Molotov cocktail in 2nd grade. :wideyed:

Even though I was never the mom who said, "Wha...? My little Snookums would never do that!", instead being the one who said, "O.K., what did s/he do now?", I can't imagine a child of reasonable intelligence doing something *this* dumb to get themselves dead. And, I've mentioned before I caught the boy child making a Molotov cocktail in 2nd grade. :wideyed:
That's the thing- this wasn't an obviously dumb thing to do, even to most adults. I still believe that this was an accidental death, and that his parents have crossed the line from "needing answers" and "everybody grieves in different ways" into harassment and asinine behaviour.

That's the thing- this wasn't an obviously dumb thing to do, even to most adults. I still believe that this was an accidental death, and that his parents have crossed the line from "needing answers" and "everybody grieves in different ways" into harassment and asinine behaviour.

It's certainly possible. Stranger things have happened, and parents wanting to lash out and find someone else to blame in disbelief is an all too common theme. *nodding*

http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums... Homicide/untitledkj_zpskd6uobf3.png~original

The defensive wounds and bloody shirt suggest homicide. Kraft lied about those wounds not existing and that by itself is proof of homicide. The face was swollen less than 24 hours after death. That is consistent with homicide. Bloating doesn't occur until 3-4 days after death. There's never been any evidence of an accident in this case and there never will be. The blood is visible on his right collar, a bunch on his left, and the back was covered in dried blood. The shirt was scrunched up in the back. The clothes went missing because they proved KJ was murdered.

There wasn't and normally aren't any physical signs of decompositon 24 hours after death. That photo was taken on the gym floor the next day. His right arm was full of defensive wounds not recorded by Kraft because they didn't fit with the accident hoax.

The paragraph starts with: On January 11, 2013 at 10:30 am.

"The facial area was severely disfigured and swollen."

Initial Stage The Stages of the Human Decomposition Process | Education - Seattle PI

For the first 24 to 72 hours, the body undergoes very little observable change. Liquids settle in the tissues, creating lividity, or discoloration on whichever side of the body faces downwards. Rigor mortis locks tendons and muscles in place, and enzymes begin triggering cells to die and break down. Aerobic bacteria inside the body use up the available oxygen and create an ideal environment for the proliferation of anaerobic bacteria which do not require oxygen. Insects may also begin to lay eggs in and on the corpse.

Causes of blunt injury may include: Soft Tissue Injury of the Neck - Health Library

Strangulation. This type of injury may cause skin trauma, hoarseness of voice, or broken cartilage in the voice box or windpipe. It may also cause a serious airway problem.

SYMPTOMS

Bruising.
Pain and tenderness in the neck.

Swelling of the neck and face.

http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums...79-9c7b-4e7a06001a29_zps39n7nx0g.png~original

Latest posts

Back