• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
3160npe.jpg

A father and his 15-year-old daughter have been charged in connection with a September crash in which three teenagers were killed inside this SUV. The dad originally said the girl did not have his permission to take the vehicle.​
[...]
dad and his 15-year-old daughter have been charged in connection with a triple fatality car crash in which the underage, unlicensed girl was behind the wheel
[...]
Michael Ware, 53, of Scarsdale, was charged with involuntary manslaughter, endangering the welfare of children, reckless endangerment, making false reports and allowing an unauthorized person to drive his SUV. He was released on $100,000 bail
[....]
originally told investigators that his daughter had taken his vehicle without his permission while the family was on a Labor Day holiday
[...]
The girl had five passengers in the SUV when she flipped it on a curving Pennsylvania road, killing three 15-year-old high school students: Cullen Keffer, Ryan Lesher and Shamus Digney
[...]
The father lied to police when he originally said his daughter did not have his permission to take the vehicle
[...]
Charges were also filed against the girl, but juvenile court laws prevented authorities from commenting on them.

The underage driver was injured in the one-vehicle crash, as well as a 15-year-old from Westchester, N.Y. and a male teen the same age
[...]
SOURCE
http://www.mcall.com/news/nationwor...in-3-students-crash-death-20141217-story.html
2n8pytt.jpg

He's just been sentenced to 16 years. I'm sure he'll be appealing. :shifty: The Judge was extra ticked off that he initially lied to investigators and tried to let his daughter take the full fall.

"Wayne County President Judge Ray Hamill branded his behavior 'reckless, stupid and selfish.'

"He blasted him asking: 'What kind of father does this?'"
"Hamill, his voice rising, repeatedly called Ware's actions 'preventable, irresponsible, reckless, stupid and selfish' and said he had failed as a father.
"Ware's daughter acknowledged responsibility in juvenile court to vehicular homicide counts and was placed on indefinite probation. "​

Photos of everyone involved at the link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ar-old-crashed-SUV-killing-3-gets-prison.html

Kind of an interesting case. I'll admit, I'm actually kind of glad the father got a big legal slap across the face for his actions. I doubt the sentence will stand up under appeal though. What do you guys think?

Latest posts

Back