• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I guess you gotta be a bully if you're dick don't work. How else you gonna feel like a big strong man? This man terrorized everyone he came in contact with. Just what is it about this man that had so many people caught in his deluded little world? He really must know how to prey on people's weaknesses.
You can't write this shit up!

I guess you gotta be a bully if you're dick don't work. How else you gonna feel like a big strong man? This man terrorized everyone he came in contact with. Just what is it about this man that had so many people caught in his deluded little world? He really must know how to prey on people's weaknesses.
You can't write this shit up!

You said it. His women def. aren't gonna win any beauty prizes, but for the life of me, unless he wears a Halloween mask and a body bag, I can't figure out how in the world they'd wanna sub for this tub. "Master Slob" is more like it! :yuck:

Bashara witness reveals Bob's dungeon, marriage secrets
Laurence Wolf is a former friend of Bob Bashara who spent some time down in the dungeon. He is an insider in Detroit's BDSM underground
[...]
Wolf said he knew Bob through BDSM meetings and parties. He not only knew about Bob's kinky secret life, he also knew about his wife, Jane Bashara.
[....]
testified he knew about Bob's apparent plan for a divorce. He also said he knew about Bob's desire to begin a new life with Rachel Gillett and another woman
[...]
He was all for the idea,
[..]
The defense countered, saying it was possible Wolf never even met Bob Bashara at one of the parties.

"I didn't meet him at a Bar Mitzvah, OK?"
[...]
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/bashara-witness-reveals-bobs-dungeon-marriage-secrets/29780692

Friend testifies he kept Jane Bashara's ashes
Richard Falcinelli testified he kept Jane Bashara's ashes in his basement for longtime friend Bob Bashara because he was having a dispute with his in-laws.
"Sir Rick" as he was known in the BDSM lifestyle also helped clean out Bashara's dungeon in the basement of the Hard Luck Lounge and sell Bashara's house

[...]
"Sir Rick" also told the jury that Bob Bashara asked him to tell Rachel Gillett that he loved her, while people were inside the Bashara house mourning Jane's death.
[...]
Prosecutors played a tape of a phone conversation between Bashara and Falcinelli and Bashara was told "you should have been talking to me a lot longer ago" and he would not be in the trouble he's in.
[...]
Gentz has pleaded guilty to strangling Jane Bashara and claims he was paid and threatened by Bob Bashara.

[...]

Wayne County Circuit Court Judge Vonda Evans tweeted, "A true friend will support you at your worst and never again mention when you become your best."
[...]
later said she sent the tweet during a break in the trial.
The judge also said the trial could be done in 10 days, taking it just past Thanksgiving.
It is still not clear how the prosecution will handle Gentz and his refusal to testify.
http://www.wxyz.com/news/friend-testifies-he-kept-jane-basharas-ashes

Cousin describes falling out with Bashara after his arrest
[....]
conversation seemed to be a turning point in Stephanie Samuel's relationship with her cousin, Bob Bashara.
[...]
a recorded jail call played during Bashara's murder trial Wednesday, Bashara is heard telling his cousin, "I know you guys are really, really disappointed and really upset."
[...]
told Bashara her main focus had shifted from him to his mom.

They talked after his arrest in 2012 for solicitation of murder, accused of orchestrating a hit on his former handyman Joseph Gentz.

"It is what it is," Bashara told her
[...]
She responded that he sounded callous, like "Oh well," and suggested Bashara think before he spoke.

"It would really behoove you to shut your mouth.,"
[....]
"And when you do open it, you do not say anything but a truth."

Samuel was the 53rd witness to testify in the trial of Bashara, who is accused of having Gentz kill his wife,
[...]
family members described their shock when they learned about Bashara's mistress and alternative lifestyle following Jane's death.

Bashara has admitted he tried to have Gentz killed, but he has repeatedly denied having anything to do with his wife's death.
[...]
[...]
the night of her funeral, Samuel said she was watching the news with Bob Bashara's mother and sister when she heard on TV that her cousin was involved in an alternative lifestyle.
[...]
testified she turned off the TV, looked her cousin in the eyes and asked, "Did you have an affair?"

He replied "No, it was just an outside lifestyle,"
[...]
Prosecutors have said a motive in Jane Bashara's death was her husband's relationship with his longtime mistress
[...]
who was involved the BDSM (bondage, discipline, sadomasochism) lifestyle with him.
[...]
Bashara's family members described two sides of the former Grosse Pointe Park businessman: one of family man, the other as somebody who hid elements of his life and lied.
[...]
police went to the Basharas' home and said Jane Bashara was dead, Bob Bashara cried out and said, "They've killed my Jane," his mom testified.

"He was very upset,"
[...]
Nancy Bashara, Bob Bashara's mom, testified she took her son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren on family vacations together, described Jane and Bob Bashara's relationship as "very good" and
[..]
they had a "loving family."
[...]
she said, there were other things she did not know about her son prior to her daughter-in-law's death: he was having affairs, was involved in an alternative lifestyle and had a sex dungeon.
[...]
said she had never heard Gillett's name before Jane Bashara's death, but she later learned she had once let her dog out.
Her son called and asked to her to let a friend's dog out
[...]
"I never even bothered to ask Bob who that (friend) was,"
[...]
"But I find out later on it was Rachel's dog."
[...]
also testified her son asked her to put some items, including jewelry and coins, in their shared safe deposit box, saying he lost his key.
[...]
she went back to the safety deposit box after her son was arrested for solicitation of murder, Nancy Bashara made a discovery.

"I found a gun,"
[...]
It was with the items she had delivered earlier for her son.
[...]
testified that the gun was turned over to David Griem, Bashara's former attorney, and said she never saw it again.

Samuel said she heard
[....]
that Gentz, who has been convicted of second-degree murder, claimed Bashara used a gun to force him to kill Jane Bashara.

Bob Bashara was adamant that didn't happen and said he only owned a BB gun to keep squirrels out of his garden,
[...]
But during a TV interview played
[....]
Bashara said: "I don't own a gun."

Samuel testified that she saw the gun after it was discovered in the safe deposit box and said
[...]
This looks like this is incriminating evidence."

Gwendolyn Samuel, Bashara's aunt and godmother, testified
[....]
she was surprised to learn about Gillett.

"You never in a million years would have believed that your nephew and your godson would be a person who would bring another woman to have relations in the marital bed," Assistant Wayne County Prosecutor Lisa Lindsey
[...]
"That absolutely floored me," Gwendolyn Samuel said.
[...]
http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc.../11/19/bob-bashara-mother-testifies/19278887/

Bashara's former friend says he felt manipulated

[...]
man who was with Robert Bashara the night his wife was killed said Monday he felt manipulated into providing the Grosse Pointe businessman an alibi.
Michael Carmody said Bashara asked him to meet for drinks at the Hard Luck Lounge on Mack Ave. on Jan. 24, 2012, the night Jane Bashara was strangled in her garage.

"I have a strong belief…is that I was manipulated…to form a credible alibi for Bob," Carmody said
[...]
Carmody was one of seven witnesses Monday in Bashara's murder-for-hire trial that entered its eighth week. He began testifying last week and was cross-examined Monday, saying he felt his friendship with Bashara was based on lies.

"I came to the conclusion that if Bob's lips were moving, he was telling me a lie,"
[...]
"It was a horrible set of circumstances....that tore apart a friendship that apparently never existed. It was all part of the game."

Bashara's handyman, Joseph Gentz, has pleaded guilty to killing Jane Bashara, but he said he did so because Bashara ordered him to at gunpoint.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...4/11/24/robert-bashara-murder-trial/19476867/

Bashara testimony Tuesday includes friend of Jane, medical examiner
[...]
Judge Vonda Evans has ordered media not to stream the proceedings live except for opening and closing statements. You can still follow along
[...]
will be live blogging from the courtroom, which you can read above.
[...]
It was after Sandy Ennis spoke at the funeral for her friend, Jane Bashara, she was trying to comfort Bob .
[....]
'Bob, you just have to have faith in the justice system," she testified. "
[...]
'I will probably be in jail.

"'I have been told I will be arrested right after this luncheon, they think I killed my wife.'"

Ennis has just gotten together with Jane a week or so before she was murdered - Bob was supposed to come too. But Jane emailed Sandy - that Bob had to go to Oregon instead.

"Bob has just found out he needs to go to Portland Oregon for sales training. this weekend,"
[....]
She remembers Jane being happy for her husband.

"She was quite excited and thought it was going to be really good for him and would help him in his sales,"
[...]
Jane had no idea Bob was actually in Oregon to meet Janet Leehmann - a possible second woman to join his BDSM lifestyle with Rachel Gillett.

Sandy would later learn about the other women - after she received a note from bob thanking her for speaking at Jane's
[.....]
"He wrote this in the card - he said you know how much Jane means to me and how much I loved her and he said you are going to hear some stuff in the media you should just ignore all that you know how much I loved Jane."

Other testimony was heard Tuesday that Bashara was trying to cover his tracks elsewhere, making sure his tenant and her friends saw him sweeping the alley the night of Jane's death -
[...]
"What did the defendant say to you about his wife," a lawyer asked tenant Missy Keller.

"That he did not kill his wife and that he hoped he didn't go down for something somebody else did,"
[....]
Keller said she never asked if he killed his wife.
[....]
Keller testified Bashara even asked her to write a character letter - she didn't want anything to do with it. But she acknowledged he had always been good to her - even when she was late with rent recalling an odd conversation.
[...]
said 'That you don't have to pay late fees I'll just give you spankings instead.'"
[....]
were never any spankings - just that odd comment.
Also testifying was a Wayne County medical examiner.

"Her windpipe was fractured," said Dr. Francisco Diaz. "It's like a person drowning on dry land."
[....]
shakes, his face red and he even wipes away a tear as Diaz, a Wayne County medical examiner recounted in graphic detail how Jane was murdered.

No oxygen to her lungs - no oxygen to her brain - Joseph gentz pleaded guilty to strangling Jane Bashara.
[....]
alleged he also stomped on her neck, he told police while Bob Bashara put a gun to his head - and made him do it.
[...]
Diaz testifies, Bashara appeared to be mouthing why - why.
[...]
Jane Bashara wasn't just strangled - the jurors shown graphic photos of her injuries and the autopsy that showed blunt force trauma was also a factor in her death.
[....]
Bashara is already serving time after he was convicted of trying to hire someone to kill Gentz in prison. According to prosecutors, in 2012 he gave someone $2,000 to kill Gentz in jail.
[...]
Bashara has denied any involvement in her death.
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/27476787/follow-live-bob-bashara-blog-continues-tuesday

Testimony finished in Bashara murder trial
Bob Bashara will not testify in his own defense

[..]
The last witness was called by the defense. Following the testimony, Bashara informed the judge he did not want to take the stand in his own defense.

Court proceedings are finished for the week with closing arguments scheduled to begin Tuesday morning.
[...]
The last witness was called by the defense. Following the testimony, Bashara informed the judge he did not want to take the stand in his own defense.

Court proceedings are finished for the week with closing arguments scheduled to begin Tuesday morning
. http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/testimony-finished-in-bashara-murder-trial/30061144

Bashara jury begins deliberations

[...]
jury has started its deliberations in the murder trial against Bob Bashara, the Grosse Pointe Park man accused of arranging his wife's 2012 murder.

UPDATE: Deliberations have concluded for Thursday and will resume Friday morning.
[...]
Judge Vonda Evans handed the case to the jury Thursday afternoon.
[...]
the trial which lasted about two months, the jury heard from more than 70 witnesses and saw hundreds of exhibits.

[....]
Bob Bashara is already in prison after being convicted of trying to hire a hit man to kill Gentz.

Gentz did not testify in the trial against Bob.
[...]
is charged with first degree murder in his wife's death. He also was charged with conspiracy to commit first degree murder, solicitation to commit murder, suborning of perjury during a capital trial, witness intimidation and obstruction of justice. Judge Evans dropped the suborning of perjury charge.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/bashara-jury-begins-deliberations/30182792

no chance of a verdict today
Bob the Knob is sick
so by law the jury cant ask any questions or announce a verdict without him in the courtroom
hopefully tomorrow

figures we wait years for verdict and Bob The Knob is in hosp AGAIN
so no verdict for few days
I dont see why he has to be in the courtroom
Ive seen millions of verdicts in absentia
this Judge Vonda has kissed his ass from day one and I'm wondering of shes one of his clients in his bondage things

Last edited:
I almost want to take pleasure in the fact that his kids have nothing to do with him
they are young adults not little kids
but to me I think losing all contact with my kids like that would kill me

Bob Bashara found guilty of murder in wife's death

Bob Bashara has been found guilty of murdering his wife Jane Bashara, and other charges including obstruction of justice and witness intimidation.

A Wayne County Circuit Court jury rendered the following verdicts against Bashara
[...]
Under Michigan law, having been found guilty of first-degree murder,
[..]
likely spend the rest of his life in prison. Sentencing is scheduled for Jan. 15, 2015.
This three year investigation and prosecution would not have been possible without the extreme dedication of the Wayne County Assistant Prosecutors, Investigators, and Staff; the Federal and State agencies and the Detroit and Grosse Pointe Park Police Departments. May Jane now truly rest in peace,”
[...]
Following the verdict, Wayne County Circuit Judge Vonda Evans praised jurors for what she called their commitment to justice during a protracted trial
[....]
Evans also praised both the prosecution and defense for what she called “legal maneuvering at its best” to ensure the case was properly presented.
[...]
The 57-year-old Bashara didn't testify but repeatedly professed his innocence.

Bob Bashara already is serving an 80-month-20-year sentence after pleading guilty to attempting to kill Gentz.
[...]
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/bashara-jury-deliberations-to-continue-thursday/30279228

this isnt the end yet though
now to do something with the handyman
because he got his deal with the understanding he testify against Bob
then backed out day before trial began

A man convicted of ordering the murder of his wife so he could devote himself to a life of bondage and domination claimed his wife gave him permission to continue his unconventional lifestyle.

Bob Bashara from Detroit has petitioned Wayne County Circuit Court to overturn his first-degree murder conviction and life sentence claiming his constitutional rights were violated during his trial last year.

Bashara was convicted last December of ordering his wife, Jane's murder, in 2012.
[...]
However, Bashara, who was known as 'Master Bob', claimed his attorneys failed to represent him properly during the salacious trial by advising him against taking to the stand and testifying in his own defence.

He said: 'I felt that I was grossly misled by that.'

He said he had an ineffective defence.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...icted-wifes-death-says-permitted-affairs.html

Back