• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Ok what choices does @kennasmom have as a child having a child? Unless you've ever given a baby up for adoption, then you can't feasibly say it was a choice. If you had one, you'd know why. Yes, I've had one, and I can say it's a very hard choice to make, especially for a child to make. It's not as easy as getting knocked up, that's for sure.

Abortion... that's another three things thread for another time. Besides the fact that most children cannot legally get one without a court order or parental consent.

I think what she meant was... As a parent, regardless of the circumstances, that both parents have a responsibility to take care of that kid. Didn't want a baby? Should have used a condom. But that's just it with: should have, could have, would have... it's all in hind sight and doesn't help the current situation.

I do think that both adults in both of the situations such as this young man and Kennasmom should be prosecuted for statutory rape.

You said she didn't have a choice to have a child, then say he should have worn a condom implying that was his choice? Do you not see the hipocrasy in that logic? He's responsible for birth control but she wasn't? Male victims of rape or abuse shouldn't be told they should have worn a condom, just as females of rape and abuse shouldn't be blamed for not using birth control.

I don't know Kennasmoms situation so I can't comment on it but she has custody of her children, that shows that she was given the choice to be a parent, this boy was robbed of that choice. His rapist stole his child and wants him to pay to support it?

If a man rapes a woman and a baby is born as a result of that rape, should the rapist get custody and force his victim to pay support. It works both ways.

I hate to imply that I see myself as a victim because I dont feel that way. I was however a kid without the capability to truly understand consequences in the same way an adult would. However even though I was a "kid" then it does nothing to negate my responsibility now. Do I think he should be held responsible for the years he was unaware? As I said already, no not at all.

Just for a btw...No guy has as many options after sex results in pregnancy as a women. Should every guy who would have chosen abortion or adoption be exempt from responsibility if the women doesn't do it?

But he wasn't just some guy who has sex, he was a victim of sexual abuse.

@Obsolete my point was...

Neither had a choice. You make it seem that only female children have a choice, they don't. That's hypocrisy too.

Say whatever about hindsight, it doesn't help current situation. Children having children because they made an adult decision is a poor choice for all involved.

As an adult, female has to step up and care for kid (kennasmom). Same with an adult male (man in story.) I don't think he should pay arrears.

Both perps need prosecution, IMO.

@Obsolete my point was...

Neither had a choice. You make it seem that only female children have a choice, they don't. That's hypocrisy too.

Say whatever about hindsight, it doesn't help current situation. Children having children because they made an adult decision is a poor choice for all involved.

As an adult, female has to step up and care for kid (kennasmom). Same with an adult male (man in story.) I don't think he should pay arrears.

Both perps need prosecution, IMO.

Where did I imply only women had that choice?

From AZ's last article...

Ta-da! The solution.

It would have to be monitored CLOSELY in every state in terms of precedent and potential scope-creep, but this seems perfectly reasonable to me.

*On a side note, someone mentioned that in most states, a parent has to give permission for an abortion. I figured I'd point out that it's exactly half the states, and that in EVERY state, a judge can exempt you from that and parental notification. Just, you know, FYI. 'Cause that's what I do sometimes. Not making a statement about the argument.

If someone had assaulted you, knocked you up, then stole your baby...no, I wouldn't expect you to have to pay child support. He was assaulted and then his offender stole his opportunity to be a father by keeping the child a secret. Your situations aren't comparable. You chose to have a child, and you chose to keep your child, he was never given that choice.

I never implied you weren't a victim. I said you are given a choice to have a child, he wasn't.

:shrug: I guess that's how I read those bolded statements, mea culpa if that's not was intended by your statements. <3

@Athena, I said:
Besides the fact that most children cannot legally get one without a court order or parental consent.

Because it takes a lot of courage for those children to petition the courts and do such a grown up, seemingly complicated process. I assume services aren't free either and get more costly with time.

Because it takes a lot of courage for those children to petition the courts and do such a grown up, seemingly complicated process. I assume services aren't free either and get more costly with time.

Agreed. Well, the services are probably free, if you can find the resource. But, yes, it's a substantial hurdle for a minor already facing a scary situation. I guess I was contesting the "most children" part, primarily. The consent-free states are primarily the more populace coastal states. Semantics, though.

There's a reasonable argument that can be made for parental consent laws, but I don't think it outweighs the benefit of minors having unrestricted access to abortion. I live in a state with no consent or notification laws, myself, and it sure doesn't seem like it's been a problem.

Very rare occurrence, but she's lucky to have not been arrested, she's admitting to a crime. (didn't read the link, just the post)..

Never Jizz inside the taco ! Jizz on the taco like decorative salad dressing.......
WTF?! When did dstranger99 get banned?!

Latest posts

Back