• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
@Pete Bondurant - (!!) Great love song. I've heard her name, but I'm not familiar with her catalog/work, in particular, though there is something familiar about it I can't seem to place. Maybe in a film score, or an old tv appearance? She has a lovely, bright, yet sultry alto. Her style reminds me of the days of the 5th Dimension, the Klaus Renft Combo (before E. Germany banned them), Dick Nixon, and, of course, watching the Ed Sullivan Show. I'm wondering now if the bio Creten may have had her in his collection (a DJ w/a serious, diverse, vinyl collection so extensive it took up half his office/library, *L*). Ty for the fact it's going to bug me all day until I figure out where I've heard her unique voice before!

@Countess Olenska , keep this up and I'm going to end up with another compliation CD, and just name it CO. :) I'm going to have to do some poking around for this band. I *really* like the minor tone changes in this one, and again, that wistful, earthy, "freedom-inspiring" feeling that makes you want to leave all PC nonsense behind, relax, and think for/be yourself; a simple, 'dream of the world the way you want it to be' kind of thing (to me, anyway). Too corny? *S*

@TACO , Excellent tributes. Imagine is my fav. Lennon song, and on my all-time fav. list, period. I hadn't realized it had been that long already. One of those times I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard the news, smh. The world felt a little emptier that day. Another day "the music died."

Shared the news about Dimebag w/my son, too. He's a big fan. You can hear a lot of Tony Iommi and Zakk Wylde in his style (IMO), and I love the incorporation of the pentatonic scale and pedal effects in a lot of his work. The stop gap technique he used in some of his music was awesome, too. The way he died was such a shit deal, for sure.

@gatekeeper "Streets" and "War" are really good songs from them. They are playing in concert here today but tickets sold out as soon as they went up for sale :( (they're dutch, so no real surprise it sold out lol)

ETA: My favorite Dutch song. I love the video lol

Last edited:
@gatekeeper "Streets" and "War" are really good songs from them. They are playing in concert here today but tickets sold out as soon as they went up for sale :( (they're dutch, so no real surprise it sold out lol)

ETA: My favorite Dutch song. I love the video lol

I'll check them out, ty! I most definitely vote for Kensington to get more airplay in the U.S. (and specifically in my area). I figured my girl child (32) da punk/underground/indie/alternative kid would've had their CD when I heard it, but all she's got is a single play of, "We Are the Young" from their first album.

I honestly do wish more Germanic bands would get the props they deserve on the American rock/metal charts. There are some great ones, but not nearly enough hitting the airwaves here in my neck of the woods. Most of the radio play here is predominantly thrash, screamo, anthem, etc., and comes with an undeserved, "angry" or "anti-everyone else" stereotype. IMO, a lot of our Corp. radio station politics are guilty of helping promote it, although there has been an upsurge (from sheer demand, I'd guess) over the last scant decade.

I have to wonder if maybe the Corp. suits attached to the home-grown rock/metal/classic rock trade are afraid of a Germanic takeover on the all the rock charts, lol.

Unable to listen/see your fav. vid/music clip. :( "Uploader has not made this video avail. in your country." I'll youtube around for another copy/song-only listing. :)

Ha! What an oddly delightful, old piece. Very different from mainstream classical violin, and the harpsichord makes a great accompaniment. Why do the words, "sprightly" and almost "playful" keep running through my mind? It almost makes you want to get up and dance a fun, little jig. Even @ 1a.m., lol.

As a general rule, I usually don't post Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Yule, Winter Holiday music, etc., but I get such a big kick out of this one, it's a holiday standard at our house.

These wonderfully talented, young men do one of the best, contemporary and fun acapella Christmas song medleys I've heard, IMO, and unless you've heard it, it's *nothing* you'd expect. Remember when the music stops before the 12th day, wait for it... Enjoy. (time = 3:30). ;)

Last edited:
Ever since @Wolf_of_Mars introduced me to these guys, I have been enamoured with their talent, sound and style. Anytime you mix rock, orchestra, opera and dance, I'm ALL over it. This amazing, full orchestral piece is not only a great, big slice of awesome for the finely tuned Rockestral ear, the avant garde artistry and interpretive dance in this live performance are a tasty treat all their own. Recorded in Leipzig, Germany, from their album, "Wagner Reloaded", this ain't your mama's Mustikkapiirakka!
:headphone: :woot: :cool:

Last edited:
One of my Top 3 favorite pop balladeers of all time. This one can still bring me to tears if I let it. Reminds me of the theme in one of my favorite Hemingway shorts, "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place."

"And the waitress is practicing politics, as the businessmen slowly get stoned. Yes, they're sharing a drink they call lonliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone..."

And this one, I've never been able to listen to, not once since I first bought the album, without tearing up, or bawling outright. The full orchestra, especially the brass and woodwinds along with his piano, and all the cresendo punches make the story even more amazing. I challenge any multi-music lover who also feels music, has a tender heart, and a shit ton of empathy to get through it without feeling something, because I guarantee you, you've never heard an American West retelling of this outlaw's story quite like this.

"And he never traveled heavy, yes, he always rode alone, and he soon put many older guns to shame. And he never had a sweetheart, but he finally found a home, underneath the Boot Hill grave that bears his name..."

:)

Last edited:
I tend to go in for what I regard as good sounds with deep lyrics. Here are a couple of my faves.....

Ha! I have both "The Final Cut" and "Our Version of Events." Great albums. I'm a Dave and Roger Floydicus fan from way back. I went ahead and listened to both, though. I'm ass deep in one of those empathic, "mood music" moods today; lyrics that have deep grit and meaning. One of those days you just wanna bust out of your skin, open your mouth and change the world (that's me, anyway). Very nice selections with heavy lyrics that make you feel as well as think.

Yeah, I think we are on the same musical wavelength. Here's another one from the Floyd, this time from their "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" album...

And here is one from Dire Straits....

Yeah, I think we are on the same musical wavelength. Here's another one from the Floyd, this time from their "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" album...

And here is one from Dire Straits....

Wow... I hadn't heard this one from Dire Straits before, let alone seen the video. What a mixed, emotional bag of paradox; the unshakeable solidarity, cameraderie, and brotherhood of military units during brutal wartime combat, and the f**king senselessness of it all...Well done, HTH. Yep, I think we're on the same wavelength today, too. Thanks for sharing this. *S*

This is something quite different.

There are no lyrics, but the haunting music in combination with the video is evocative of all sorts of deep thoughts......

Not generally big on love songs but this one is lyrically rather deeper than your usual boy band dross and has some awesome saxophone playing in it. Always loved listening to this - especially in the company of the right lady......

This is something quite different.

There are no lyrics, but the haunting music in combination with the video is evocative of all sorts of deep thoughts......

Dude, this one's going on my meditation list. I could live the rest of my life in the mindstate it evokes. Reminds me of some of the creative soundscapes an old band named "The Alan Parson's Project" used to master. The camera shutter snapping really adds to the point of the piece. Beautiful, get-lost-in-it videoscape, too.

Last edited:
:jawdrop: @Pete Bondurant ! Have you no shame!? Crapping on music? BLASPHEMY!...DESECRATION!...SACRILEGE even!

Tsk, tsk, tsk...smh. You're a scant nine hrs. as they crow flies. Don't make me rent a van, round up the gang and come up there with our music to run it through your floor's PA system. I can be very persuasive when it comes to getting past security guards. A well-fitted nursing uniform and a box of homemade cookies and I'm in like Flint. :joyful:

Last edited:
:jawdrop: @Pete Bondurant ! Have you no shame!? Crapping on music? BLASPHEMY!...DESECRATION!...SACRILEGE even!

Tsk, tsk, tsk...smh. You're a scant nine hrs. as they crow flies. Don't make me rent a van, round up the gang and come up their with our music to run it through your floor's PA system. I can be very persuasive when it comes to getting past security guards. A well-fitted nursing uniform and a box of homemade cookies and I'm in like Flint. :joyful:

Music died at about the same time Rachmaninoff did.

Back