• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
28rjvr5.jpg

Shamara Batiste & Shadreon Sade Jefferson​
A mother and her sister are facing charges after a one-year-old child allegedly drank six shots of vodka.
Shadreon Sade Jefferson, 17, and Shamara Batiste, 24, are each charged with endangering a child.

Authorities say on February 8, emergency personnel were dispatched to a home
[...]after a one-year-old girl became unresponsive.

When they arrived, the baby girl was moaning and had vomited. Emergency personnel then noticed the child was swaying and smelled of alcohol. When the child was taken to the hospital, doctors determined the child had suffered alcohol poisoning.

The child's father told authorities his daughter had been in the care of her mother and aunt, and she was dropped off at his home in that condition.

Court documents state that when deputies interviewed the mother, she said she'd fallen asleep and when she woke up, Batiste told her she'd given the infant alcohol.
[...]
Batiste admitted the baby drank about six shots of vodka.
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9471305&hpt=ju_bn2

Even if this was like whip cream vodka or something, how the fuck do you get a 1 year old to drink 6 shots of it? wouldn't it burn? Any one else think this isn't the first time baby was given alcohol? Sad.....

Even if this was like whip cream vodka or something, how the fuck do you get a 1 year old to drink 6 shots of it? wouldn't it burn? Any one else think this isn't the first time baby was given alcohol? Sad.....

Maybe the shots were mixed with juice. It's definitely not the first time.

WTF! I grew up in Europe where we were allowed as children to have small amounts of wine and fortified drinks like port and sherry with dinner. But nothing that equated to 6 shots of vodka. At the age of 42 and having drunk plenty in my life, 6 shots of vodka might not get me falling down drunk but I certainly couldn't be trusted with a car or a stove or anything. I can't imagine giving that to a child, let alone an infant. I get nervy when my 6yo eats chuck roast I've cooked with red wine vinegar even though I know perfectly well the alcohol evaporates by the time it's done.

I agree with the rest of you, this wasn't the first time - although probably the first time they gave her too much.

This was my thought too. I don't care what you might mix with it, they're going to taste VODKA. As to mom not calling 911, obviously she gave the kid the booze too. What a bunch of stupid bitches, thank god the baby has a dad who gives a fuck.

Is there something funny about a drunk baby? I always compared mine to drunken midgets. Why get a baby drunk they already bumble around hilariously.

I used to have a poodle and when anyone had vodka and orange juice we had to make sure it was up where he couldn't get
I don't know what it was but he loved the stuff
A kid you would think would make a face and back away

call me greedy, but until that kid can buy me more booze, what is mine is mine and i am not sharing.

Teen mom given probation after tot drinks liquor equal to 6 shots of Vodka
A slap on the wrist. Thats a shame. The judge should have taken that baby away from her while he is still young and salvageable.

That is a woefully inadequate punishment! A 22 month old baby with a BAC that was 3X the legal limit for an adult! It's a miracle that she survived, yet she is being sent back to her negligent (at the least) egg donor. I feel kinda bad for typing/saying this, but being raised in such an environment, I don't have much hope for her future.

That is a woefully inadequate punishment! A 22 month old baby with a BAC that was 3X the legal limit for an adult! It's a miracle that she survived, yet she is being sent back to her negligent (at the least) egg donor. I feel kinda bad for typing/saying this, but being raised in such an environment, I don't have much hope for her future.
Hopefully after this the Dad has her.

Hopefully after this the Dad has her.
I hope so, and if the Mother has visitation rights, they should be supervised. But keep her far away from the Aunt. In one of the articles, it was said that she was laughing about the baby being intoxicated, she is the epitome of ghetto trash.

Back