• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2ex0xo2.jpg

Jenelle Robyn Pinkston, 47, persuaded a judge to send her to prison for about a year longer so she could take advantage of medical and mental health treatment.​
[...]
Oregon woman who called in fake bomb threats to elementary schools asked for a higher prison sentence so she could take advantage of programs behind bars
[...]
Jenelle Robyn Pinkston, 47, persuaded a Eugene judge to tack an extra year onto the two-year sentence prosecutors had recommended,
[...]
said she wanted more time for treatment in prison medical and mental health programs.

"My biggest concern is that I get better," she said, referring to her post-traumatic stress disorder from childhood
[....]
Judge Ann Aiken complied with Pinkston's request, calling her "unheard of" demand "courageous".

Pinkston was sentenced to 37 months in jail-13 months longer than the sentence she faced.
[...]
will be credited for the nearly 19 months she has spent behind bars at Lane County Jail since her arrest.

Pinkston was cuffed in June 2013 after she called in three fake bomb threats to Waverly Elementary School and Periwinkle Elementary School in her hometown
[...]
causing large scale evacuations and an FBI investigation.
[...]
Pleaded guilty in September to willfully using a telephone to make a threat to destroy a building by means of an explosive.
[...]
expected to serve her sentence at a federal medical center in Texas that specializes in treating women with special health needs.

She will be placed on supervision for three years and ordered to pay $1,826 in restitution to the Albany Fire Department
[....]
Pinkston has previously been convicted for arson, burglary and forgery,
[...]
SOURCE
http://registerguard.com/rg/news/lo...ges-ok-to-spend-extra-time-in-prison.html.csp

Its pretty sad that a person has to commit a crime and go to prison go get the mental health treatment they couldn't get on the outside....

Pathetic. It's pathetic the her best access to mental health care is while incarcerated. Or at least that's what she believes.

Back