• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Investigators "are looking at the strong possibility" someone was in the car with a 19-year-old Mississippi woman moments before a fire engulfed the vehicle
[...]
But District Attorney John Champion would not say what led investigators to believe Jessica Chambers wasn't alone
[...]
Chambers' funeral will be Saturday in Batesville, a small town in northwest Mississippi.
[..]
Champion said investigators have talked to the person who called 911 and have cleared them from involvement in the crime. Investigators said they talked to Chambers' relatives and "there were no family issues,"
[...]
The crime scene, next to an asphalt road with no dividing line, is nondescript except for the yellow police tape and the scorch marks on nearby trees and grass.
[....]
After obtaining warrants and cracking a password, police were able to access Chambers' phone records and are following up on leads
[...]
her phone will be "the key to everything," the prosecutor said. She received a call before she left her house
[...]
He said he didn't expect an arrest in the immediate future.
[...]
Chambers' older sister, Amanda Prince, said Jessica called their mother from a gas station and told her she would be home right after she cleaned her car.
[...]
The business, which Champion characterized as a rural mom-and-pop store, is about 2 miles from Chambers' home.
The gas station owner who helped her said nothing seemed out of sorts.

"She seemed normal," Ali Alsanai told
[...]
"I asked her about it, and she said she was going somewhere," he said. "She was quiet that day, real quiet."

Employee Renna Tucker said Chambers was a fixture at the store. Everyone knew her, and she was "real friendly,
[...]
"Not one time have I ever heard her get loud, have a smart mouth. She was always smiling,"
[...]
sources
http://www.dreamindemon.com/communi...roat-before-she-died.74613/page-2#post-858608
&
http://wreg.com/2014/12/10/investigators-going-over-phone-records-of-teen-burned-alive/

Last edited:
I cant understand how she called mom and said she would be there as soon as she cleaned the car
then told him she was going out somewhere
but dad said she was in pj bottoms and wasnt going anyplace
especially dressed like that

here vacuums and washs at gas stations are on the side or back of gas stations
is there video covering that area
maybe someone was lurking and saw her go there and hit her over the head there
then they took her and drove off in her car

Last edited:
It's a bunch of tweets and photos, supposedly proving Jessica was involved in a gang, and the gas station is at the center of it all.
I lost faith in Anonymous when I saw people in their masks looting in Ferguson the night of the GJ announcement.
It seems they want to get involved in anything they can these days.

That thread is interesting. Obviously more to this than meets the eye.

I wonder is the petrol down the throat motive was a ' keep your mouth shut next time' lesson. Could be many reasons.

It is not unusual for a girl to call another girl on pretence and entice her into meeting in order for boys/men/ other girls to inflict an attack. It seems to have been done in quite a public place though and there must be a reason why police haven't officially released a name as it is probably too close to home.

It is also a fact that severe burns victims do go beyond numb and enter a state of shock where they can speak coherently and rationally briefly before succumbing to their injuries. I assume this is what happened here - or something was mentioned before hand, because it would be hard to speak with a throat ravaged by the flames of petrol burning.

This is a sickening murder and whoever did this - one person or many, revenge , a motive or not - needs to be put away forever . It is heartless and cruel beyond any normal human actions and absolutely disgusting.

The meth and gang allegations obviously have something if even an interest in the whole debacle - it isn't a big town. I am hoping the investigation is legit and conducted properly in order to serve justice for Jessica.

Last edited:
I lost faith in Anonymous when I saw people in their masks looting in Ferguson the night of the GJ announcement.

They are just Guy Fawkes masks. Anyone can buy them 3 for a buck online from China. Just because you put one on doesn't mean you are a member of Anonymous. All that said, Anonymous is not a civil organization or an organized foundation dedicated to a purpose. It is a loose collection of even looser cannons. Some of them may have good intentions, but others are just along for the excitement, and for that sort, any excitement will do. I don't think that such a chameleon-like organization is worthy of any faith. I'm glad they do some of the things they do, like unhooding KKK members, but I wouldn't turn my backs on them.

@LurkinLion

You're spot on. The original Anonymous was all about protesting Scientology, which was great. Then some people continued it after Scientology, and everybody with a mask was suddenly in Anonymous. Now there isn't even a connection to 4chan or /b/ or the other chans anymore. I wouldn't trust them as far as I can throw them these days.

Not implying 4chan is trustworthy but at least you know what you're getting, new Anonymous is pretty extreme in how 'morally right' they want to be these days.

It's a bunch of tweets and photos, supposedly proving Jessica was involved in a gang, and the gas station is at the center of it all.
It seems they want to get involved in anything they can these days.

Anyone can get those masks. Anon assumed that as their image, but it's not original to them. Real Anon stays Anonymous and doesn't go out in public with a sign that says "I'm Anon!".

The first article I read on this case had a lot of testimony from the gas clerk, which struck me as very odd. He had a lot to say about the girl, which isn't typical witness testimony unless he was paying attention to her for some reason.

I'm side eyeing a lot on this one. At first I assumed it was a vengeful ex, but I'm leaning more towards a closer tie on this one.

I'm reading a lot of conflicting reports: in some she spoke, in others she tried to but couldn't, in some she was walking while engulfed in flames, in others she was lying on the ground smouldering, one reports she lived for half an hour at least, others claim she died within moments of the first responders' arrival...

I'm glad the FBI is involved, at least I think I am. As for Anonymous, I know I wish they'd bugger off.

Gods, what an unimaginably horrible way to go...

FBI join hunt for killer who burned Mississippi teen Jessica Chambers alive as police admit they have no leads
  • Hunt for killer of Chambers, 19, has so far stymied local detectives
  • Federal investigators have been called in to assist with the probe
  • FBI, the US Marshals Service and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are all now involved, along with state and local authorities
  • She was found burned alive on a rural road on the edge of Courtland, Mississippi on Saturday evening after she bought gas
  • The gas station cashier claims that Jessica told him she was 'going somewhere' and that she took a phone call as she left the store
  • Ninety minutes later, a motorist called 911 to report a burning car
  • First responders found Jessica with burns to 98 per cent of her body and she managed to tell them something - but they have not said what
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...crime-small-town-Courtland.html#ixzz3MEQDDORQ

It's not the ex boyfriend...

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...ared-as-a-suspect-despite-social-media-claims

Jessica Chambers' ex-boyfriend cleared as a suspect, despite social media claims

(Dec. 16, 2014) PANOLA CO, MS (WMC) - One week later and police have no answers on who could have been behind the death of Jessica Chambers. One thing is clear, investigators say Jessica's ex-boyfriend is not a suspect, despite what social media is saying.

A picture may be worth a thousand words, but what if the words aren't true?

"Lord knows that right now, I hate that I ever put that picture on Facebook, I do," said Theresa Fleming, who is the mother of Jessica's ex-boyfriend.

"When we found out Jessica had passed, I put something on my Facebook page, it was a picture that I had of Jessica," Fleming exclusively told WMC Action News 5.

She says the photo of her son Bryan Rudd kissing Jessica when they dated a few years ago is causing a firestorm on social media.

"They took it and they put Bryan's picture on the web all over the world, and was basically accusing him of being an abusive ex-boyfriend, and possibly even a killer, they accused him of being a gang member," Fleming said.

Bryan Rudd now lives in Iowa, says he has nothing to do with Jessica's murder, and is heartbroken to hear about what happened to his old girlfriend.

His mom is angry that online rumors are quickly spreading in the small community.

She wants to set the record straight, "I hope that they find who killed Jessica."

Fleming says her family is praying for the arrest of whoever killed Jessica and a community that now seems to be skeptical of anyone.

"I hope that Panola County can stay strong, and not feed into all this hatred and lies that's being spread around town because it's not going to help us, it will only divide us and a house divided cannot stand."

District Attorney John Champion says the reward for information about her death currently remains at $11,000. Private groups have committed to raising that to $29,000, but are waiting on paperwork before it's official.

If you know anything about Jessica Chambers' death, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-729-2169.

That would suck so bad....to put a picture up in remembrance of someone, which is so kind, only to have it perverted into rumors and innuendo. This mother is correct....together they stand, divided they fall. Another thing...I get that the Police suppress information in order to clarify information when investigating, but at this point with no leads it might be helpful to know what they were, with the view that they might resonate with someone who may come forward.

How can anyone read this bullshit with a straight face? It is a huge insult to this poor girl and her family to use her death as a pawn in a one's own political and racist agenda.
Anyway, if the ex-boyfriend was abusive, I am sure he is being considered as a suspect. Thanks for that piece of information.

I don't agree with the article. I just posted it show what some people are saying.

Mississippi con artist tries to collect donations after teen’s burning death: cops
Janet Posey was arrested Wednesday after she allegedly set up a fundraising page for Jessica Chambers’ family and tried to rake in donations. The scammer was arrested before she made any money off of the site, police said. Chambers died on Dec. 6 after she was forced to drink lighter fluid and set on fire.
22dijo.jpg

Janet Posey was arrested for allegedly trying to pocket donations for the Chambers family after the horrific burning death of 19-year-old Jessica Chambers.​
A twisted Mississippi con artist tried to cash in on a teen’s horrifying burning death
[...]
Janet Posey was arrested Wednesday after she allegedly created a Web page soliciting donations for the family of Jessica Chambers, the 19-year-old was forced to drink lighter fluid and then burned alive on a rural Courtland road.

But Chambers’ family said they have never met Posey.

The family — who run their own Facebook memorial for Jessica — tipped off cops about the possible scam. Investigators caught Posey before she made any money off of the website, Attorney General Jim Hood told
[...]
Posey was charged with attempted false pretense and communications fraud. If convicted, the 39-year-old from Blue Springs faces up to 15 years in prison.
[...]
officials declined to comment on specifics, but Posey’s landlord said her family was financially troubled.
“They can barely make rent,” Bonnie Gammel told
[...]
“I don’t believe they can manage their money right.”

Posey’s adult daughter once told Gammel, “My momma bankrupt me,”
[...]
SOURCEs
http://wreg.com/2014/12/18/woman-arrested-for-jessica-chambers-fraud/
&
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ke-money-off-jessica-chambers-death/20589833/

zoi62o.jpg

Ali Alsanai
District Attorney: Store clerk in Chambers case is not a suspect
Officials said a store clerk who has been the subject of death threats and a lot of internet speculation in the Jessica Chambers case has been cleared.

Ali Alsanai, who runs the gas station
[...]
may have been one of the last people to talk to her. Within a few days of the advent of the national media coverage, websites and Twitter accounts were targeting him as being involved.

Then the death threats started.

"So now people threatening me to kill me...It got to this point.???... N I was the 1 tryna help!!!" he wrote on his Facebook page
[...]
On Thursday, District Attorney John Chambers told The Clarion-Ledger Alsanai is not a suspect.

"He has been cleared," he said.

Alsanai was one of the last known people to talk to Chambers.
[...]
"See that's why everybody's shocked, because she was normal that day," he said. "She just pumped the gas like she always do, she left, and two hours later we just heard what happened, you know, and we were shocked, because you would have never thought that would happen to her, and the way that it happened to her, because she didn't deserve that. Nobody deserves that."
[...]
According to Courtland residents, Chambers was in the store almost every day. That's how Alsanai knew her.

"I knew her very well. If something was going on, she would have told me. She would have told me 'I'm having a problem with somebody,'" he said. "But she was smiling, and she left, and that's the last time I saw her."
[...]
Authorities are still tight-lipped in regard to suspects and witnesses, however.
[...]
Champion said the investigation continues, and that there isn't much more he can say.

"We're still working on it," he said.
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...k-in-chambers-case-is-not-a-suspect/20591263/

Authorities reportedly investigating possible confrontation from a week before Jessica Chambers’ death
Investigators in the Jessica Chambers case are reportedly exploring the possibility that someone might have aggressively confronted the teenager at a gas station a week before her death.
[....]
investigators recently returned to his gas station, asking him about a possible altercation in the parking lot involving Chambers a week before she died.
“I told them I wasn’t there that day,” Alsanai said.

Alsanai explained that investigators told him the altercation allegedly happened in the morning sometime about a week before she died.

He said he usually doesn’t work in the mornings, and he didn’t know anything about an attack or fight.
[...]
http://wreg.com/2014/12/18/authorit...on-from-a-week-before-jessica-chambers-death/

Mississippi con artist tries to collect donations after teen’s burning death: cops
Janet Posey was arrested Wednesday after she allegedly set up a fundraising page for Jessica Chambers’ family and tried to rake in donations. The scammer was arrested before she made any money off of the site, police said. Chambers died on Dec. 6 after she was forced to drink lighter fluid and set on fire.
22dijo.jpg

Janet Posey was arrested for allegedly trying to pocket donations for the Chambers family after the horrific burning death of 19-year-old Jessica Chambers.​
A twisted Mississippi con artist tried to cash in on a teen’s horrifying burning death
[...]
Janet Posey was arrested Wednesday after she allegedly created a Web page soliciting donations for the family of Jessica Chambers, the 19-year-old was forced to drink lighter fluid and then burned alive on a rural Courtland road.

But Chambers’ family said they have never met Posey.

The family — who run their own Facebook memorial for Jessica — tipped off cops about the possible scam. Investigators caught Posey before she made any money off of the website, Attorney General Jim Hood told
[...]
Posey was charged with attempted false pretense and communications fraud. If convicted, the 39-year-old from Blue Springs faces up to 15 years in prison.
[...]
officials declined to comment on specifics, but Posey’s landlord said her family was financially troubled.
“They can barely make rent,” Bonnie Gammel told
[...]
“I don’t believe they can manage their money right.”

Posey’s adult daughter once told Gammel, “My momma bankrupt me,”
[...]
SOURCEs
http://wreg.com/2014/12/18/woman-arrested-for-jessica-chambers-fraud/
&
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ke-money-off-jessica-chambers-death/20589833/
If you google "Janet Posey Scam" and skim past the stories related to this one, you can find that she's been scamming people for years. She's a parasite... maybe she likes tarot cards too?

Jessica Chambers death: Dad frustrated 'nobody seems to know anything' about who set her on fire
The reward for information about whoever burned a 19-year-old woman is nearing $18,000, and authorities say they are narrowing the list of people who might know something
[...]
Her father, Ben Chambers, works for the sheriff's department.
[....]
said he has to stay out of the area where the investigators work.

"They don't want me to see the evidence up there. I understand their point too, they're looking out for my benefit,"
[...]
"They don't want me to see things that bring back memories, or see something that maybe I'll think someone had something to do with it and I'll go do something to some innocent person. They're doing everything by the book when it comes to me."

It's difficult waiting for DNA evidence and other information, [...]
"They've questioned people that normally know everything about everything, and nobody seems to know anything about this, that's what's so amazing and unbelievable," he said.
[...]
will say little more than that they're making slow but steady process.

Investigators are getting close to identifying "possible people of interest that could lead us somewhere better than where we are," Panola County Sheriff Dennis Darby told
[...]

Investigators from numerous agencies compare reports and go back to talk to people who have given differing accounts, he said.

They're "doing shifts" rather than taking a Christmas break, he told
[...]
The task force includes people from the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation, the State Fire Marshal's office, the FBI, the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and the U.S. Marshals Service.

The reward grew Monday to $17,800, and more is expected soon
[...]
Darby said investigators expect to get DNA analysis in the coming week and also are waiting on fire analysis
.http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2014/12/jessica_chambers_death_dad_fru.html

that poor dad working longside the men trying to find his babys killer
I can see not keeping him in the loop though
they want to spare him gruesome details and like he said he could go after someone innocent
at least he realizes that

She reportedly was able to tell authorities who her killer is before becoming unconscious.

No suspects of persons of interest have been named.

Champion didn't divulge what she said but told
[....]
"It has certainly given us a lead we're following up on."

said investigators have interviewed several people who saw Chambers on Saturday before her death, but still have no leads

I'm baffled. How is the name she gave not a lead? Why the fuck would cops not get this name out to the public as soon as possible? I initially figured they wouldn't want to give out too much info cuz they had something in work, but this sounds like they got nothing.

Let's say it was a stranger, and thus merely interviewing friends/family/associates won't lead to any answers. Might it be helpful to ask the public if they know anyone by this name who's been acting strangely or has burned hands/seared eyebrows?

I agree with one of the posters above who mentioned reading conflicting reports. Did she actually even say anything, or anything of significant worth/value to the case? How did this misinformation spring up in the first place?

The first article I read on this case had a lot of testimony from the gas clerk, which struck me as very odd. He had a lot to say about the girl, which isn't typical witness testimony unless he was paying attention to her for some reason.

Didn't an article say she was a fixture at the mom and pop gas station though. It wasn't just some random clerk, he likely was at least an aqcuaintance, thus might have had more to say.

"They've questioned people that normally know everything about everything, and nobody seems to know anything about this, that's what's so amazing and unbelievable," he said.

I take this to mean they interviewed the local drug involved scumbos, meaning it likely isn't some drug related thing or anything that has something to do with the local established criminal element of the town. Criminals talk, brag, tell stories, especially the dipshitty ones involved in drugs.

Investigators from numerous agencies compare reports and go back to talk to people who have given differing accounts, he said.

Hmm, is he merely describing how the process works, or is he saying they're actually actively doing this? Unfortunatley, i'm thinkin it's the former.

Wonder if this DNA evidence they're waiting on means she was raped. I wouldn't think a hair or other tissues could survive the fire, which leaves fluids the attacker may have left in her. Suppose there could have been a drop of blood found near the car or something of that nature too though. It'd also help explain why someone would do something like this. If it wasn't personal like a boyfriend/ex or whatever, you wouldn't think some random attack would go to such an extreme and brutal length, unless they were trying to destroy evidence.

I hope she had some boyfriend or something that she kept secret from her friends/family. If this was a stranger attack and not something personal, that means the person likely will feel the urge to engage in his/her pyro homicidal "fun" again.

Last edited:
Timeline Released in Case of Mississippi Teen Burned Alive

"PANOLA COUNTY, Miss. - Investigators still don't know where a northern Mississippi teen was for about one hour on the night she was burned alive, Panola County District Attorney John Champion revealed, reports CBS affiliate WREG.

Investigators are reconstructing the last few hours of 19-year-old Jessica Chambers' life and are asking the public to come forward with information. No arrests have been made, despite months having passed since the Dec. 7 murder and a $54,000 reward being offered in the case.

The district attorney says investigators have determined Chambers was mostly at home up until about 5 p.m. the day of the murder. He said she left home at around 5 p.m. and headed to a gas station in Courtland after she received a phone call from a friend.

The teen was captured on surveillance video at a gas station filling up her car.

Champion says the teen then went to a home in Courtland shortly before 6 p.m. and left around 6 p.m.

Authorities were able to determine Chambers was then in the area of Highway 6's first set of stoplights, coming into Batesville, a town about 5 miles away, and was there 10 to 15 minutes. The D.A. said he cannot elaborate further about where she was specifically.

Chambers was back in Courtland around 6:30 p.m., he said.

What happened during the next hour or so is unclear. A passing motorist found the teen on the side of the road lying near her burning Kia Rio sedan just before 8:15 p.m. that night.

Champion said Tuesday that investigators believe Chambers was at the murder scene as early as 7:31 p.m.

The teen was still alive when rescue workers responded to the scene. Champion has said Chambers spoke to rescue workers, but what she said has not been revealed. She died several hours later at a Memphis hospital.

Anyone with information on the case is asked to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-729-2169 or the ATF at 1-888-283-3473."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/timeline-released-in-case-of-mississippi-teen-burned-alive/

Such a baffling case. I can't imagine what the family has been going through. Have a sinking feeling they may never find out who did this to her.

Back